Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Pretty sure LFR will either be reworked or have limited content next expansion.

Ghostcrawler has been hinting at it for quite some time, I feel like player's complaints about LFR is starting to influence decision making within blizzard, and they're gonna discourage LFR more and more

Rudy_Eighta ‏
    Now with FlexR getting implement, @Ghostcrawler could you remove tier pieces from LFR? They should only be accessible in FlexR/N/H raids

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    @Rudy_Eighta We discussed that idea, but instead there will be items only available in F/N/H mode.

@trankten No LFR and flying wouldn't be too hard. Going back to old talents, weapon skill, old quests would be very hard.

@BobGuy51509464 We offered LFR to provide raiding back to those players. It worked reasonably well. But it doesn't quite feel like raiding.

@lambey332 LFR serves a valuable purpose, but it's ideally a back up plan, not the only way you experience WoW.

@KTVindicare @lambey332 You can see the content on Youtube. Experiencing a challenge and getting loot are fun too.

@bench333 @lambey332 How about content that actually challenges you? If that's not your thing, then stick to LFR.

James ‏@ObviousTrollz 10
    @Ghostcrawler Any chance of removing the legendary quest line from LFR to allow raiders to keep some prestige?
    @ObviousTrollz That would be a pretty harsh bait and switch at this stage, but F/N/H will have nice rewards not available in LFR.

@Torvaldus @seph1c0 Maybe, though I suspect some of it is they feel LFR devalues their raiding accomplishments or it just offends them

@DeadRealms The main goal of LFR is convenience. Its rewards aren't intended to compete with the much harder N and H content.

@bench333 LFR makes it very complicated to have traditional normal tier progression.

@MrMadguy There is some truth to that. To earn a new boss kill in normal might take hours, maybe days. In LFR you burn through it all fast.

@pisuri We were trying to preserve the older tier a little, but that feels weird when you can jump into LFR and see everything.

@StephenReis123 LFR is a little worse for that because you see all the bosses quickly instead of working towards the last few.

I don't see LFR going anywhere tbh.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They've already announced they are going to add new rewards to Flex and Normal raiding while not taking anything away from LFR. You are 100% wrong as confirmed by Blizzard. Check blue tracker.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    I don't see LFR going anywhere tbh.
    Not this expansion because like GC said it would be a harsh decision at this point. But it's clear that they are brainstorming solutions for LFR as you can see in the second tweet. It's safe to assume that big changes are gonna happen next expansion.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    They've already announced they are going to add new rewards to Flex and Normal raiding while not taking anything away from LFR. You are 100% wrong as confirmed by Blizzard. Check blue tracker.
    Your point is? This is just another proof that they're gonna add exclusive content more and more to discourage players of doing LFR. It's obvious that they won't take anything away from LFR until the end of MOP.
    Last edited by swagster; 2013-06-15 at 01:10 PM.

They say all the time they're happy with lfr.
    Also about the tier.
    They put something new, we havn't seen before in the flex/normal/HC raid from what they're saying now.

Specifically said they didn't want to remove things from lfr.
    So no changes to that whats'o'ever.
    He's just saying the logic thing, in your quotes, that lfr has made some changes to how raiding works for people.

Not even a remote hint that they want to remove it. Just that they want real raiders (yes lfr isn't raiding :P ) to be happy too

edit:
    Post below quoted what i talked about.
    Last edited by Terridon; 2013-06-15 at 01:13 PM.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...818?page=6#108
    Nothing is being removed from Raid Finder. In fact, the rewards Ghostcrawler mentioned in his tweets are something brand new that haven’t previously been available in any raid content.

We want there to be some incentives to “make the jump” from Raid Finder into something more organized. However, we’d like to do that in a way that doesn’t take anything away from Raid Finder. So instead of removing set bonuses, trinkets, legendary progress, or anything else along those lines, we decided to come up with something new.

Just to be totally clear: Raid Finder in Patch 5.4 will be itemized with all the same sorts of stuff you’ve come to expect over the last couple of tiers. There will, however, be a brand spanking new type of reward that is only available to players who choose to step up into Flex, Normal, or Heroic raiding. Hope that clears the air a bit!
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    This thread is the typical example of "subjective reading". There is nothing saying that they will remove anything to LFR, but that they will had to the Flex and Normal modes.

I can see tier pieces and legendary progression in LFR not returning in future expansions.

They're not going to change anything in the middle of an expansion, but it's quite clear they will at the first reasonable opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    This thread is the typical example of "subjective reading".
    So are most of the replies, including yours.

OP said NEXT EXPANSION. Blizzard are referring specifically to patch 5.4 when they say nothing is being removed.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-06-15 at 01:18 PM.

When did I say they were going to remove or limit content before the end of MOP?

I am hopeful that LFR is gonna be reworked or have limited content NEXT expansion. It looks promising with all those tweets.

@ Netherspark

Exactly. Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    So are most of the replies, including yours.

OP said NEXT EXPANSION. Blizzard are referring specifically to patch 5.4 when they say nothing is being removed.
    You missed the point. "Content" IS the subjective part I was talking about. For example:

"Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    @bench333 @lambey332 How about content that actually challenges you? If that's not your thing, then stick to LFR."

Difficulty is considered "content" for GC. For many players is not. Subjective issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    They put something new, we havn't seen before in the flex/normal/HC raid from what they're saying now.
    Probably gonna be epic gems.
    I am hopeful that LFR is gonna be reworked or have limited content NEXT expansion. It looks promising with all those tweets.
    I doubt so. Hacking the branch you are sitting on wouldn't be wise move from developers' side at all.

You missed the point. "Content" IS the subjective part I was talking about. For example:

"Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    @bench333 @lambey332 How about content that actually challenges you? If that's not your thing, then stick to LFR."

Difficulty is considered "content" for GC. For many players is not. Subjective issue.
    @KTVindicare @lambey332 You can see the content on Youtube. Experiencing a challenge and getting loot are fun too.

GC meant that it is content but offers no challenge whatsoever

10+ Year Old Account
    They cannot make any further predictions, since Flex Raids aren't even live yet. Any semi decent company won't make conclusions until ample data has been gathered.
    At this point and time, no one knows how Flex Raids succeed or fail, and/or if it has any impact on the LFR attendance.
    If LFR goes as strong as it is now, then stripping LFR from some rewards could play out to be a bad business decision. If the players neglect it tho, then changes are barely noticeable anyway.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post

GC meant that it is content but offers no challenge whatsoever
    AKA, dificulty, since the raid models are the same.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    They cannot make any further predictions, since Flex Raids aren't even live yet. Any semi decent company won't make conclusions until ample data has been gathered.
    At this point and time, no one knows how Flex Raids succeed or fail, and/or if it has any impact on the LFR attendance.
    If LFR goes as strong as it is now, then stripping LFR from some rewards could play out to be a bad business decision. If the players neglect it tho, then changes are barely noticeable anyway.
    Precisely. No matter what GC says, there are somethings that he knows he can't take from the game since the business depends on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bunch of whiners is all I see.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Probably gonna be epic gems.

I doubt so. Hacking the branch you are sitting on wouldn't be wise move from developers' side at all.
    We had epic gems in dragon soul, which sucked.
    They say it will be something new we never have seen before.
    So not pet, mounts, epic gems, recipes or the like. Neither an extra setbonus with more gear, since we had that in old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    My take on it is that Flex mode will be mostly disappointing. For targetted playerbase (who were robbed from normal modes) it will feel like place for some subaverage defective people and giving submediocre rewards. For people approaching heroic modes, or doing heroic modes, this will be just another layer of grind to cope with horrible RNG system of progression. If Flex Raids would be new name for normal modes and would entirely replace them, then we could discuss if they are successful or not.

AKA, dificulty, since the raid models are the same.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 02:28 PM ----------

Precisely. No matter what GC says, there are somethings that he knows he can't take from the game since the business depends on them.
    The business depends on the removal of LFR.

It's either remove or let subs drop more.

if LFR would be killed A LOT OF people would leave wow... and blizzard really cant afford that right now...

there are tons of casuals around who just want to have fun and see the content...
    additionally people that have some twinks really want to gear them fast, without hassle and not having to play the whole week to keep everything up-to-date...

Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    The business depends on the removal of LFR.

It's either remove or let subs drop more.
    You're back at making subjective oppinions.
    According to blizzard you're wrong :P