Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Just quit, and tell them why.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    So, I work in a bar and my till is never down over £2

Last week I was working with someone I havent worked with before, who is also the temporary bosses friend ( my real boss is on holiday) , and the till was £10 down.

He then told me that I had to put the money that was down in the till, which I know is against the law, but this temporary boss was purposely forcing me to put the money into the till, and this has happened to other people before at my work with my real boss as well, and we all know it's against the law, yet no one does anything about this, and the type of person I am, i'm very meticulous about how much money I give people hence why my till is never down more than £2.

Problem is, everyone at my work all the staff are friends and won't give the boss up if an investigation was launched.

So, what do I do, do I threaten to tell the police, do I contact the club CIU, or do I leave it because I might cause myself to be hated at work?
    'Is your boss the proprietor, or just a manager? If he's just a manager, you should report your suspicions to the proprietor immediately.

You should menace them , play with the fire once.
    You're obviously getting scammed , the best thing to do is to take advantage of that situation.
    The world is a merciless place , everyone will take advantage of you and use you for their own benefits , the strong eat the weak.
    It is up to you to make them understand that you are not weak , threat them that you will call the police or i usually say that i have multiple lawyer in my family and that i will have no fear to sue them.

they're playing you , now it is your turn to play them.
    Make them taste their own medicine.
    My main language is not english , feel free to send me a PM if i made errors that bother you , i shall try to correct it next time!
    www.Joethejoe.weebly.com

Without evidence, there's really nothing you can do. You need something written down that you are covering the til with your tips, or something to that effect. Otherwise, no evidence, no case.

Call your union.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    So don't wear skimpy clothes getting raped is not entirely out of your control either.

Deleted
    For 10 bucks? Man, you can make that back in half a day at your workplace.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds very fishy. Sounds like someone is stealing, and if you are being coerced into replacing the stolen cash then they are stealing from you. It does not matter if you have to work half a day or half an hour to make up the difference, it is still money out of your pocket and it is wrong.

I know the UK has stronger employee protection standards than the US so I do not doubt there is some sort of agency that is set up to handle issues like this. The regular police are not the ones to call I am sure.

Figure out who this agency is and contact them for advice. Until then I'd recommend carefully documenting every incident, including recording conversations using your phone if possible. Every scrap of evidence you can collect to hold up your story is crucial.

The other poster's advice about insisting that if you are to be held responsible for the cash drawer, then only your hands should be in the cash drawer is good too.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

Deleted
    I would refuse to pay money back and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    So, I work in a bar and my till is never down over £2

Last week I was working with someone I havent worked with before, who is also the temporary bosses friend ( my real boss is on holiday) , and the till was £10 down.

He then told me that I had to put the money that was down in the till, which I know is against the law, but this temporary boss was purposely forcing me to put the money into the till, and this has happened to other people before at my work with my real boss as well, and we all know it's against the law, yet no one does anything about this, and the type of person I am, i'm very meticulous about how much money I give people hence why my till is never down more than £2.

Problem is, everyone at my work all the staff are friends and won't give the boss up if an investigation was launched.

So, what do I do, do I threaten to tell the police, do I contact the club CIU, or do I leave it because I might cause myself to be hated at work?
    How long is temp?

I would just agree to put the cash in, and put the cash in for now, but keep a diary of when, how much and what was said, when your boss gets back show it him and say your not happy, especially if your normal boss knows how you are with money

Deleted
    You count in your till, you work during your shift and you count out. Everything is your responsibility if you lose money. Why don't you make evidence video of someone messing with your till? If they steal when you are around, try not to leave till unattended (lock it), if your boss have spare keys (they have) try to make some trap for evidence like transparent tape. Be creative, don't let them steal from you.