Thread: Kick = Deserter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    It's not always fair.
    Last week i got in a dungeon (which was already in progress). Wiped 4 times on 1 trashpack cause the tank wasn't a tank and kept dying. And ofc we couldn't kick him.
    So i left and got the deserter debuff :S ... so .. not always fair.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Solo-ing trash... I guess the system is more clever than i thought, giving a 30min debuff.
    You're in a group.. Play as a group!
    I see no harm in it if the tank is slacking or healer is drinking and tank is a pussy. TBC dungeons are soloable anyways, since the bosses have 70% less health than vanilla bosses.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Solo-ing trash... I guess the system is more clever than i thought, giving a 30min debuff.
    uh, what? that makes no sense what so ever.

Deleted
    You deserved it. Hate when peoeple Think "THEY " are the leader. No the TANK decide when to pull, how much to when, and WHAT to pull. When i am a healer, i let the ninja pullers dies, i even go such out of my way to stop AOE healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    If you are grouped with bad slow players who think teamplay is fun with them then just go afk. Afking is far more common and absolutely normal for those dudes. They will love you for having "rl" and not taking the game serious. They might not even kick you after 10-20minutes. But sometimes they are so good nice guys, they will wait for you instead of pulling ahead. Well yeah, that's worst case scenario and you have to endure it.

30min debuff is sad thing yeah.. but as soon as you reach max level all those good mannered dudes will become tainted and start to just do things for rewards like the rest of us. Then they will be happy to have you I guess.
    So much truth in one post, nothing to add!

the content is undertuned and soloable as several classes (tbc isntances are probobly the most undertuned of them all). its blizz fault for making content that doenst force you to work together.
    as to why they kicked you.. report them. the kickfeature isnt there for kicking ppl that overpreform. its there to kick ppl that goes afk/dont have the spec for teh role they selected.

and to every1 else in this threadd preaching about letting tank pull.. whake up!
    If the content doesnt require a tank then theres no need to wait for one. if the content is soloable then any1 can pull whatever the fuck they want as long as they can handle it.

the dungeons from vanilla up to wrath are all so undertuned that you dont need a tank at all (wich makes me wonder why the system wont allow us a healer+4dps ques...)

Is it really such a surprise to people that dps and healers start pulling when content is this easy? Tank is the leader? I agreed with that during TBC but now?

I don't think you all have to call him a douche just because he pulled a few mobs without knowing what else happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    the content is undertuned and soloable as several classes (tbc isntances are probobly the most undertuned of them all). its blizz fault for making content that doenst force you to work together.
    as to why they kicked you.. report them. the kickfeature isnt there for kicking ppl that overpreform. its there to kick ppl that goes afk/dont have the spec for teh role they selected.

and to every1 else in this threadd preaching about letting tank pull.. whake up!
    If the content doesnt require a tank then theres no need to wait for one. if the content is soloable then any1 can pull whatever the fuck they want as long as they can handle it.

the dungeons from vanilla up to wrath are all so undertuned that you dont need a tank at all (wich makes me wonder why the system wont allow us a healer+4dps ques...)
    Maybe just maybe the tank is new and wanted to learn to be a tank? I believe dungeons no matter what the level are still the best places to learn to tank, or maybe the healer is new and couldn't handle healing the tank and the thread creator due to all the extra dmg the thread creator was taking. Maybe the healer thought, this tank is squishy, but I can heal him, but I can't heal the thread creator due to the tank being squishy and instead of kicking the tank which would take a bit of time to wait for a new one, it would be faster to boot the thread creator and go through the dungeon while waiting for a dps. Who knows why, it isn't always black and white. Basically imo it sounds like you are saying screw tanks since the content is easy, lets have less of them. Lets not have new tanks, lets not have them learn the ropes since lower level content is piss easy. Easy or not, people still need to learn how to play their role.

You were intentionally doing something which the other players objected to.
    You were not playing your role. You were not playing as part of a group.
    You earned that kick.
    Simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure it's a bug, as it's happened to me twice before. I've been kicked twice both for the same reason, not queueing specific for other dungeon after landing in a random one that they didn't like( like the escape from durnholde keep) And I got a deserter buff after both, 30 min. Pretty harsh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    If you are grouped with bad slow players who think teamplay is fun with them then just go afk. Afking is far more common and absolutely normal for those dudes. They will love you for having "rl" and not taking the game serious. They might not even kick you after 10-20minutes. But sometimes they are so good nice guys, they will wait for you instead of pulling ahead. Well yeah, that's worst case scenario and you have to endure it.

30min debuff is sad thing yeah.. but as soon as you reach max level all those good mannered dudes will become tainted and start to just do things for rewards like the rest of us. Then they will be happy to have you I guess.
    So you will gladly grief others for 10-20 minutes for the sake of avoiding a 30 minute penalty on yourself? Wouldn't it simply be faster to kill the first boss THEN make up some excuse for why you have to leave? You don't even have to say anything, just leave. You don't come off as an ass and their group progresses at their rate without incident.

Instead of instigating an unnecessary problem because you're impatient, why not work to help them out? Instead of "GO GO GO FASTER NOOB TANK!" try something like "I'm fairly over-geared for this place, feel free to pull a little faster and I've got you covered." It conveys the same message of going quicker without being an ass.

I can do <10 minute speed runs of Jade Temple...doesn't mean I'm going to demand every run be that fast. You want a run to be that fast EVERY SINGLE TIME, then group with people who expect the same EVERY SINGLE TIME. If it takes an extra 10-20 minutes to clear because of slower, new-ish players, I fail to see any real problem other than impatient people being impatient.

I'd rather have slow, good mannered people than quick assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You earned that kick.
    Simple as that.
    Agreed on so many levels.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2013-06-17 at 08:20 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

When groups are dreadfully slow, why not go ahead and solo what you can? I'd much rather do that than spend an hour in a twenty minute dungeon because the tank has to go wipe his ass every other pull.

I think it's a jealousy thing, people don't like seeing you do something they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    You deserved it. Hate when peoeple Think "THEY " are the leader. No the TANK decide when to pull, how much to when, and WHAT to pull. When i am a healer, i let the ninja pullers dies, i even go such out of my way to stop AOE healing.
    Lol here's one of those guys that picks his class role based on how much power he can feel in his otherwise powerless life.

I've played all roles and I've been amazing at every class I've played. If I'm not hindering the group then GTFO over it.

"Hey that guy is making me mad. I think I'll stop healing so we can turn this twenty minute dungeon into an hour long wipefest. That makes me feel like a big man!"
    Last edited by Hurwyn; 2013-06-17 at 08:43 PM.

Have been the same with BGs as well.
    To my knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    Have a little respect for the other players in your group and let the tank do his job. You probably wouldn't have gotten kicked if you just did those 2 things.
    That's it exactly.

The fact that so many of the little kids that infest this site (and this game) disagree with that simple, basic truth is why WoW is treated the way it is by other gamers. A richly deserved reputation, thanks to them.

Why when you can do more yourself than the group can as a whole?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You earned that kick.
    Simple as that.

Dagnabbit, looks like i can look forward to alot of kicks on my blood dk.

After all i should be tanking, not healing myself after all that's the healers job.