Thread: Kick = Deserter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Am I the only one who's ever gotten into groups where 1 person will do absolutely nothing and spam "vote kick me" over and over because they got into a dungeon they didn't want or into LFR at a boss they didn't want? I'm glad it gives you dungeon deserter when you've been vote kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Willas View Post
    Yeah! The OP was "punishing" the group by doing trash solo thus reducing the amount of time they spend in the dungeon! What a jerk!
    The fact that you don't understand the reasoning says more about you than anyone else. And it's not a very pleasant thing being said, since I'm sure that'll go over your head, too.

too many LFR heroes in this thread, saying you're bad for clearing trash solo, unless you caused a wipe or really made it a painful run i don't see why they would kick you, you did nothing wrong.

i've done the same on my low lvl alts in dungeons, i've done it at 80, done it at 85, done it at 90, never been kicked or complained at. Mostly people just watched in awe or just thought, one of 2 things : a) hoping i die for being cocky enough to try solo everything B) think fuck it he's going to smash the shit out of this dungeon i'm gonna watch tv/read a book/chill etc and get my free loot/vp.

At level 65, you really don't need a tank for trash. Unless he was making life hard on the healer, he wasn't really hurting the group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    When a homeless person is rambling in the streets, it's better to ignore them than argue with them. On the internets it's clearly better to spend an entire week proving them wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't understand why people see this behavior as rude. It's a low-level dungeon. A frost mage can pull an entire group of trash (not all, but some) and kill it without taking any damage at all.

Where do you draw the line between the good kind of mob-killing and the bad kind of mob-killing? It seems pretty arbitrary. It seems like it's based on expectations that don't need to be there. It seems like being spiteful about someone doing this or "smiling" after they have 30 minutes wasted (as a result of trying to save time for themselves and you) makes you an asshole.

In any case, this was not meant to be a solicitation of moral critique from the peanut gallery. Getting Deserter from a vote-kick is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    At level 65, you really don't need a tank for trash. Unless he was making life hard on the healer, he wasn't really hurting the group.
    While I agree, at those levels tanks aren't really needed to complete , it also has the side effect of hurting those learning to play, Dungeons while levelling let those new to a role, learn how to play in a group environment,get comfortable in their role. thus if you don't let them do their job they will never learn, leading to them perhaps not knowing their role at max level, probably whats causing people that complain about *bads* and stuff.

So yes the OP was doing a disservice to the group, let people play their role, stick to your role unless they all agree to let you go off on a killing spree, it's the decent thing to do in a group environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezo View Post
    If you're going to solo trash in the instance why not run into it manually instead of joining through dungeon finder and slow down their progress?
    That's what I did on my paladin a few years ago, they were so strong that dungeons were easy to just rush through on my own.

Some people can kick you right away, it depens on how often they kick people from dungeons. If you kick like 10 people you wont be able to kick more players for a few months or something like that.
    Really it's bad for those who regularly do dungeons, therefore I never kick people unless they are really really annoying. Stupid system.
    Yeah, then tht's what hit me, since i do a ton of dungeons.
    Not doing it so much anymore, but yeah. I'm not even the type to kick often, and the few times i've wanted to i often couldn't do it before at all. Rather sad to see a "you can't kick this player for the next 6 minutes", when you're at the endboss XD
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's just make the 30 minute debuff baseline for anyone who gets kicked. It seems that's what all the mouth-breathing pitchfork wielders around here want. Cause if you get kicked you're automatically just a bad apple. And it was you who was in the wrong. I mean, they weren't there and have no clue what actually happened but that doesn't stop them from being righteous in their cause. I guess. AND the majority wanted you gone, so there's really no reason to not get a hefty penalty. There must be a good reason you got kicked! 30 minute debuffs for everyone!
    Look! Words!

happens to a lot of people. shits retarded. today on my hunter i was carrying some scrubs from shattered-hand ( all 3 dps were below 40k) while i was doing 120k on my hunter. tank goes afk for 10 mins between pulls without saying shit and while im misdirecting threat to him we end up wiping. so since the scrubs cant do shit to the boss i just go afk while they play with their dicks or w/e their doing. Instead of being grateful they just laugh and decide to afk longer in the dungeon. jesus. I am sure glad bosses dont have enrage timers anymore cause they would sure hit them doing a total of 40k dps.
    I have no problem carrying scrubs (while doing 40% of the dps overall) just dont fucking afk between every pull like a fucktard.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    I'm wondering what the group was doing if he was soloing trash. Unless he was one of the DPS who decided to have himself a wander....
    To give the OP the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he wasn't doing it to be a douchebag but the typical "I have enough gear to pull and live, so going to make this a quick run" kind of mentality that I saw a lot while leveling my Warlock. It's not really somebody being rude, just they run ahead of the tank and pull because they can and still survive, and it makes the run over faster even if it's not helping promote proper group play.

At least I'm hoping that was the reason why and it wasn't the typical "tank wuz 2 slow, i wnt fast run" kind of moron action.

People are missing the point here: You all complain when you get a bad tank in LFG or LFR because they don't know how to tank. I always see complaints like "90 is not the level to learn your class". So when is? It's not about making the run faster or if you can pull and live without repercussions, it's about fostering group play and working as a team. If you go into a dungeon with guildmates or friends at level, and you all want to see who can pull the most and live, that's fine. If your'e in a group where everyone is doing it, then I guess that's fine too. But if you get a group with let's say a newish tank or healer, then be the mentor and show them how it's done, don't just go off on your own because you can. That tank you totally ignored in the dungeon and kept pulling for because you wanted to be done in 10 minutes might end up being your tank for a daily heroic or your LFR run in the future and then I guarantee you'd be the one posting a thread about "crappy tanks in LFR" because you never helped the guy learn HOW to tank.

And before anyone comes with the "It's not my job to teach them" response, that might be so but if everyone has that attitude, then guess what? Nobody will teach, so nobody will learn.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2013-06-15 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    On a related note, be a team player in dungeons and you won't get kicked. Even if you can solo trash, or don't need a tank, or don't need a healer, or whatever, remember it's a GROUP, so know your role and play accordingly. If you don't teach players team play at low levels, then they won't have those skills in heroics and raids.
    Its the tank's job to keep the group moving at the best possible pace(ie as much as the healer can handle without stressing the healer) especially in lower level dungeons where there is legit no challenge pulling one group at a time.

As a healer Ill pull all kinds of trash if the tank cant do his job. Tanking isnt hard these days, especially in low level dungeons where tank damage is ridiculous

GG to this guy for doing his part to tell the tank he needs to nut up and pull faster, hopefully that guy will get the message before he gets to heroics and raids. Team play means filling your role, if someone was 'soloing trash' that tank was obviously not doing his job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    So I was just kicked from a dungeon and received a 30-minute Deserter debuff as a result. The reasons for the kick were a bit dubious (they didn't like me soloing trash in a level 65 dungeon...), but I can live with a kick. Fine, whatever.

But Deserter? So if a group doesn't like you now, they get to lock you out of all dungeons for 30 minutes?

What the actual fuck.
    You have ALWAYS gotten debuff for a kick.. It's to make sure, you have time to reflect on what you did wrong, before you do it again..

Andyes, you did do something wrong when you get a kick.. 4 people think you did something wrong and 4 is more than 1, so your guilt is proven...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Of course the program can see if you've been kicked or not :P
    They might not(though that sounds wrong too), not keep a log of if you was kicked or just left.

I used to avoid getting kicked before, but since the system not in any way reward you for being nice, i'dd rather get kicked when i dislike the group too much, than leaving.
    Never gotten deserter for that :P

Might add i've just done that the past month. Works wonders, and no change to the duration of "you can't kick this player for XXXX minutes because asshats deserves a chance too" :P
    You might be surprised, but analytics don't always account for -everything- in a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    You might be surprised, but analytics don't always account for -everything- in a video game.
    I was talking from a programming point of view.
    There's no way in hell it doesn't know the difference, unless blizzard programmers has gone full retard, which i actually find hard to believe
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    I'm wondering what the group was doing if he was soloing trash. Unless he was one of the DPS who decided to have himself a wander....
    The one off pat is no big deal. With all of the BoA gear, i'll taunted those one off's here or there. Or even go 1v1 with a caster add that is nuking the heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziphr View Post
    As a healer Ill pull all kinds of trash if the tank cant do his job.

GG to this guy for doing his part to tell the tank he needs to nut up and pull faster, hopefully that guy will get the message before he gets to heroics and raids. Team play means filling your role, if someone was 'soloing trash' that tank was obviously not doing his job.
    thats cool when the healer does it. i tend to do it a lot on my healer(s) as well, since *I* know when the tank can handle a few more hits, etc... and drop the adds off in his DnD or consecrate/etc.

When a dps does it because 'the tanks too slow', they generally are NOT taking into account the tank or healer's situation, until the group wipes and they blame the healer for not keeping them up.

Without the other sides of the story, you can't really say what happened... but I've gotten !@#$ed over by enough dps that blamed me for 'not healing them' when they're standing in fire and wiping the raid with their 'go faster!' pulls to know that its usually best to spend the extra 1-2 minutes a 'slow tank' costs you, then the 30 minutes of trying to prove you have the superior epeen by arguing in chat til someone gets kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    You have ALWAYS gotten debuff for a kick.. It's to make sure, you have time to reflect on what you did wrong, before you do it again..

Andyes, you did do something wrong when you get a kick.. 4 people think you did something wrong and 4 is more than 1, so your guilt is proven...
    So a murderer has a court where there are 5 members of the jury and four are his friends. There is all the evidence and he undoubtably did it. The four friends say innocent so they are more right than the one?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Have a little respect for the other players in your group and let the tank do his job. You probably wouldn't have gotten kicked if you just did those 2 things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    I really don't understand why people see this behavior as rude. It's a low-level dungeon. A frost mage can pull an entire group of trash (not all, but some) and kill it without taking any damage at all.

Where do you draw the line between the good kind of mob-killing and the bad kind of mob-killing? It seems pretty arbitrary. It seems like it's based on expectations that don't need to be there. It seems like being spiteful about someone doing this or "smiling" after they have 30 minutes wasted (as a result of trying to save time for themselves and you) makes you an asshole.

In any case, this was not meant to be a solicitation of moral critique from the peanut gallery. Getting Deserter from a vote-kick is broken.
    Getting deserter after being kicked before the 1st boss is working as intended.
    As for the reason it's rude, you are there as a group. Just because you don't think you need a tank doesn't mean you get to run off and start doing the dungeon yourself. Want to solo the dungeon? Go run into the instance, and do it yourself.
    When the tank que'd for a dungeon, he did so with the reasonable expectation of actually getting to tank and perform his role.
    Edit: The amount of people who don't understand the basic principles of respect is overwhelmingly sad.
    This is what happens when parents don't know how to actually raise a child.
    Last edited by Phookah; 2013-06-17 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    I was talking from a programming point of view.
    There's no way in hell it doesn't know the difference, unless blizzard programmers has gone full retard, which i actually find hard to believe
    It does know the difference. Getting kicked didn't always give you the debuff, but as others have said some people exploited the system by demanding to be kicked instead of leaving. It's unfortunate for those who are kicked undeservedly, but it's necessary.

That said, there are still bugs in the system. Last night I was dropped into a bugged LFR where Ji'kun wouldn't spawn, and had to take the debuff in order to get out of it.