Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    what ever happened to the "death to potatoes" guy..i liked him :/

15+ Year Old Account
    The president hold no power, Khomeini decide in all important questions.
    The president is moderate but still the lapdog of Khomeini, no candidate would ever be accepteed without being it. He also used to work for Khomeini for 3 decades so...

He might try to make life easier on the iranian people, less security forces and policestate activities and at least try to play nice in order to lift some sanctions but he wont be able to do anything major without Khomeini's saying so dont get your hopes up. Nothing will happen if I would to guess.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Sure, it's not a Revolution but progress comes in baby-steps.

I'd consider this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    If true that means the people that really rule want this direction and that cannot be bad. I for one wouldn't mind a peaceful Iran. As of right now they are a wild card, a loose cannon ready to go off at anytime despite their history of non aggression.
    Not really, Iran won't attack anyone without provocation leave them alone and they'll leave you alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

Deleted
    The average americans knowledge of Iran may be the greatest propaganda job in the history of the world. I mean even Goebbels would be fucking impressed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    The average americans knowledge of Iran may be the greatest propaganda job in the history of the world. I mean even Goebbels would be fucking impressed.
    No; that award would have to go to the Cold War propaganda.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    No; that award would have to go to the Cold War propaganda.
    Not even close. With the net and what have you, one would think people would be a little more enlightned today. But hey, if a guy is a muslim and doesn´t take it up the tailpipe from the US it´s ok to starve an entire country and be responsible for deaths in the hundreds of thousands.

Not even close. With the net and what have you, one would think people would be a little more enlightned today. But hey, if a guy is a muslim and doesn´t take it up the tailpipe from the US it´s ok to starve an entire country and be responsible for deaths in the hundreds of thousands.
    Wow talk about ignorance. Besides why the hell would the average American care about iran? There is 100's of countries and iran is nothing special.

Our demands are very simple. Iran needs to dismantle its nuclear program, end it's ballistic missile program and stop support for terrorist groups. If it delivers Hezbollah on a silver platter to us... no wait better yet, to Israel... then we can start discussing peace.

Iran's negotiating positon is basically non existent. It is entirely based on the supposition of getting away with murder because the US rather kick the day of reckoning into the future.

Eventually they'll cross a line too far, and we can debate that in the 357 page thread the OT forums will have about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lack of knowledge != knowledge !!!
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean if a country's government is trying to build nuclear weapons and spouting dangerous remarks we shouldn't try to apply pressure to get them to stop?

I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Iranian people. I always thought the Persian people I knew growing up in San Jose were pretty similar to Americans, even as first generation immigrants. That doesn't mean I think their government should be allowed to endanger the rest of us.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Our demands are very simple. Iran needs to dismantle its nuclear program, end it's ballistic missile program and stop support for terrorist groups. If it delivers Hezbollah on a silver platter to us... no wait better yet, to Israel... then we can start discussing peace.
    Okay when Israel dismantle it is nuclear arsenal, they get to demand that others dismantle their nuclear program and when Mossad stop operating on Iran soils then you can expect Hezbollah to stop operating on Israel. There are two (at least) parts of a negotiation if you want something you have to give something in return.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    You mean if a country's government is trying to build nuclear weapons and spouting dangerous remarks we shouldn't try to apply pressure to get them to stop?

I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Iranian people. I always thought the Persian people I knew growing up in San Jose were pretty similar to Americans, even as first generation immigrants. That doesn't mean I think their government should be allowed to endanger the rest of us.
    They're not trying to build nuclear weapons no solid proof of that exist and the only one who endangers you (Americans) is your government.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Okay when Israel dismantle it is nuclear arsenal, they get to demand that others dismantle their nuclear program and when Mossad stop operating on Iran soils then you can expect Hezbollah to stop operating on Israel. There are two (at least) parts of a negotiation if you want something you have to give something in return..

Not necessarily. Only if the parties are equal.

Iran is no match for Israel unleased, much less the United States. They don't get concessions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Not necessarily. Only if the parties are equal.

Iran is no match for Israel unleased, much less the United States. They don't get concessions.
    Iran is match to Israel more or less (If we discount their nuclear arsenal that is) and probably with some more equipment from big brother Russia, they'd have a better chance at holding their ground. Hezbollah alone is giving Israel too much of a headache, how well do you think that they'll hold in an invasion against a full army trained to the same standards? Either way, I certainly cannot blame them for wanting to defend their sovereignty against a bunch of hypocrites who won't play by the same standards.

Simply put, they are not the aggressors, USA and Israel are (and will probably be) in any future wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not trying to build nuclear weapons no solid proof of that exist and the only one who endangers you (Americans) is your government.
    They're enriching Uranium far beyond the point they need to in order to have nuclear power. That may not be absolute proof they're trying to build a bomb, but as Randall Munroe puts it, it does "waggle its eyebrows suggestively, while gesturing furtively and mouthing 'over there!'"

15+ Year Old Account
    They're enriching Uranium far beyond the point they need to in order to have nuclear power. That may not be absolute proof they're trying to build a bomb, but as Randall Munroe puts it, it does "waggle its eyebrows suggestively, while gesturing furtively and mouthing 'over there!'"
    Sure but put yourself in their shoes. The only imperialistic power since the fall of the Soviet Union has been the US. Israel behaves like a spoiled puppy doing whatever they wish under the US umbrally of protection.
    I totally understand why Iran want to get nukes when strictly speaking logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you want to invade a nation based on instinct? I guess we didn't do that before... oh wait... hmmm.. what was it? Yes, Iraq godamn fucking Iraq was a witch hunt and you want your government to engage in another witch hunt?

At the very least take responsibility and don't drag the rest of the NATO into your shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    just out of curiousity, is enriching uranium the absolut proof of building a bomb or could it be used to test on something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    just out of curiousity, is enriching uranium the absolut proof of building a bomb or could it be used to test on something else?
    Nuclear reactors, clean and efficient energy. However, there are some claims that some of it was enriched to weapon grade uranium.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you want to invade a nation based on instinct? I guess we didn't do that before... oh wait... hmmm.. what was it? Yes, Iraq godamn fucking Iraq was a witch hunt and you want your government to engage in another witch hunt?

At the very least take responsibility and don't drag the rest of the NATO into your shit.
    I never said I wanted to invade Iran. You're tilting at windmills here. I didn't support the Iraqi invasion and I don't support an Iranian invasion. I did support the Afghan invasion.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2013-06-17 at 04:47 PM.