10+ Year Old Account

Balance dps problems.

So i dont have anything but scenarios dungeons and dummy dps to go on, but sitting at a dummy im only capable of pulling 45k dps. I can burst around 50k and then it settles down to 45k. I keep dots up at all times, and play ping pong with my solar and lunar power bar like im supposed to. I refresh dots while in their eclipse, and do what about supposed to when cds come up. Simply put, with my gear how much dps should i be doing unbuffed on a dummy?

armory

There are a few things holding your DPS back, that you can change.

1. You talent choices (Soul of the Forest and Nature's Vigil) currently don't provide the highest DPS output.
    --I would recommend Incarnation and Heart of the wild for your talent choices in raids, and Force of Nature and Heart of the Wild in Scenario's and 5 mans.
    ---Most Balance Druid guides on YouTube will demonstrate how to effectively use these CDs to maximize your DPS.
    2. Your gemming and reforging are are quite strange.
    --The stat priority for balance druid is Hit (15%)> Haste(5273 breakpoint)>Crit>Haste>Mastery
    ---For optimal DPS you should gem and reforge to be able to hit this 5273 haste breakpoint (which gives an extra tick of Moonfire and Sunfire) and dump the rest of your stats into crit.
    ----The Gemming strategy most balance druids use is:
    -------Smooth Sun's Radiance (320 Crit) = Yellow Sockets
    -------Potent Vermillion Onyx (80 Int + 160 Crit) = Red Sockets
    -------Misty Wild Jade (160 Spirit + 160 Crit) = Blue Socket

If you have any additional questions, don't be shy to shoot me a PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually im main spec resto, so im stacking a lot of spirit. I know i shouldn't be asking about dps when im not even trying to gem and enchant/reforge right, but i just wanted to know how off base i was based on my gear. Once I get geared for resto ill out together a balance only set.

If your gear is poor your red gem should be expertise/crit not int/crit just an fyi

I feel the same way. I can hit 80k with Lust and CDs pop but usually sustain at 60-70k. I feel that is low for my ilvl. I feel I'm doing rotation correct. I start off with dots followed by wrath into a starfall and then starsurge. i then pop my CDs..incarnation/berserking/nature vigil and starfire til out of that eclipse and then celestial allign followed by starfall and all while refreshing dots and doing starsurge procs. should i be using starsurge outside of procs? i realize now also by reading i should be refreshing dots depending on which eclipse i am in. does this just mean i refresh the right one then or both? i just feel my dps is low for my ilvl am i right?

my armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lrotten/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Mod please move this to the sunfyre thread
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Actually im main spec resto, so im stacking a lot of spirit. I know i shouldn't be asking about dps when im not even trying to gem and enchant/reforge right, but i just wanted to know how off base i was based on my gear. Once I get geared for resto ill out together a balance only set.
    That really is it. Reforging would make a massive improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    When a homeless person is rambling in the streets, it's better to ignore them than argue with them. On the internets it's clearly better to spend an entire week proving them wrong.