Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
    I thought I would add that I refuse to play female Pandaren or Worgen. Blizz completely botched both of them IMO. Worgen looking like rabid chihuahuas and Pandaren looking like care bears is completely unappealing to me.
    Because in real life pandas are such intimidating creatures right? I agree with you on the female worgen though. I'm just hoping they don't go overboard with the changes they're making to the races. I like the way tauren have looked for the past 8 1/2 years. I don't like the way the female troll art in this thread looks. The Garrosh model change, on the other hand, is a good change though.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    so long as they still resemble the original characters, which the troll ones somewhat seem to.
    I hope we're given a free character redesign option, as suddenly having an ass-backwards looking character would be unpleasant.

personally, I think I could live with just an increase in resolution of the original textures, but I'd guess it's not as simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I don't see how you feel new models will make the game any different it does nothing but look pretty and will not change the gameplay at all. A real game is measured by it's gameplay, enriching storyline, and replay ability. I would rather play an old game that is fun over a game that looks great and plays like shit.

A lot of people play the game to RP... And doing so they want to look good doing it. I myself and not a RP'er. I believe new models would bring some people back to the game, maybe not a lot. But some.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I too yearn for new models, so I can cover them in armor and zoom all the way out.

Seriously, I don't see why folks give such importance to this. Now.. new animations? That's something I can get happy about.
    My thoughts exactly. This is hardly something anyone should be excited about. It is not a substitute for new content.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's a simple fact that most players don't spend a lot of time admiring their character, nor is that overly likely to change in the future.
    A fact? I pour over the details in my character, admiring all the little animations and such. Who would claim the above as a fact? Come on now.

I'm sure new models will be super amazing. I really hope they add subraces though, I'll give some examples below:
    Alliance:
    Human - None (no subraces)
    Dwarf - Wildhammer, Dark Iron, Frostborn (maybe, Frostborn is a stretch)
    Night elf - None (no subraces)
    Gnome - None (Leper would be too much since you kill them at start)
    Draenei - Broken
    Worgen - None
    Horde:
    Orc - Mag'har, Blackrock (like Eitrigg), Dragonmaw, Red (like Dark Portal guards?)
    Undead - None (maybe add undead elves like dark rangers)
    Tauren - Taunka, Grimtotem (a group rebelled and is Horde)
    Troll - Forest (give both types a bulky option; Revantusk)
    Blood elf - None
    Goblin - None
    ---

Just some of my ideas for subraces. Regardless I'll be happy with new models though.

Yep. Only a small number of players care about their avatar's appearance. That's why Blizz added Transmog to the game, right?

As for the, "how could anyone be excited over new models" posters, opinions are like buttholes. Everyone's got one.

new undead models are gonna own I bet.. well all of them will, ut I play an undead male only heh

10 years later - and STILL I can see my orc's teeth going through his helmet....

fuck that

Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    Best thing will still be transmog!
    No, it'd be armor dye.

Blizzard doesn't do many cinematics anymore. New models might be more incentive to do more cutscenes since the characters won't look like absolute shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would kill every gnome in the game for Troll model from Throne of Thunder to be a player model.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    I would kill every gnome in the game for Troll model from Throne of Thunder to be a player model.
    The troll models in OP's pics look really good IMO.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 04:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve15 View Post
    snip
    Red orcs are tainted with demonic influence.

So you can take that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Red orcs are tainted with demonic influence.

So you can take that out.
    So are green orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So are green orcs.
    as far as I know, Green orcs WERE tainted by demonic influence.

Red orcs are that way because they are still under the influence of Demonic corruption.
    I could be wrong, but I think that's the case.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 05:21 AM ----------

So are green orcs.
    From WoWpedia:

The fel orcs possibly chaos orcs[2] are the ultimate culmination of the Burning Legion's control over the orcs.
    An orc becomes a fel orc after consuming the blood of a pit lord. Then, a heavy blood haze falls over the orc, forcing him into a crazed bloodlust. The most prominent side effect of this blood haze is a deep red discoloration of the flesh and insane desire for battle and violence.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 05:22 AM ----------

So are green orcs.
    and more

Physiology

The standard fel orc has red skin, and a ridge of long sharp spines coming out of its back. Bony horns grow from its arms and hands. Its eyes are bloodshot and glow red, and six long and thin fangs grow out of its mouth. Its ears are stubbier than orc ears, coming to a blunt point. Most fel orcs have lived for years in Outland with the corruption, and this has led to the greater mutations.
    Relation to tainted orcs

See also: Chaos orc
    Tainted orcs is the RPG's term for green orcs, that is, the orcs that were corrupted by the Burning Legion's influence on Draenor. These orcs appear to be different from fel orcs, as they don't posses the physical attributes of a fel orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    as far as I know, Green orcs WERE tainted by demonic influence.

Red orcs are that way because they are still under the influence of Demonic corruption.
    I could be wrong, but I think that's the case.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 05:21 AM ----------

From WoWpedia:

The fel orcs possibly chaos orcs[2] are the ultimate culmination of the Burning Legion's control over the orcs.
    An orc becomes a fel orc after consuming the blood of a pit lord. Then, a heavy blood haze falls over the orc, forcing him into a crazed bloodlust. The most prominent side effect of this blood haze is a deep red discoloration of the flesh and insane desire for battle and violence.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 05:22 AM ----------

and more

Physiology

The standard fel orc has red skin, and a ridge of long sharp spines coming out of its back. Bony horns grow from its arms and hands. Its eyes are bloodshot and glow red, and six long and thin fangs grow out of its mouth. Its ears are stubbier than orc ears, coming to a blunt point. Most fel orcs have lived for years in Outland with the corruption, and this has led to the greater mutations.
    Relation to tainted orcs

See also: Chaos orc
    Tainted orcs is the RPG's term for green orcs, that is, the orcs that were corrupted by the Burning Legion's influence on Draenor. These orcs appear to be different from fel orcs, as they don't posses the physical attributes of a fel orc.
    Anything from the RPG books is non-canon.

But yes, basically green orcs are tainted orcs, and fel orcs are super-corrupted to the point of almost being able to be considered demons.

Green orcs were never red orcs, we know this because well, if you played WC1-3 the answer to that should be obvious.

Its basically the same go around with elves. 'pure' elves have blue eyes, tainted elves have green eyes, fully corrupted elves grow wings and horns and shit.

Additionally, fel corruption seems to be permanent on some level, given that BE's still have green eyes and orcs still have green skin even after they were 'freed' from demonic magic.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-06-17 at 05:37 AM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Additionally, fel corruption seems to be permanent on some level, given that BE's still have green eyes and orcs still have green skin even after they were 'freed' from demonic magic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721372142
    Q: Why do blood elves still have green eyes?
    A: Corruption from fel energies takes a long time to wear off. It's why most orcs are still green even though Mannoroth is dead.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

as awesome as new character models will be, I think i'd rather see updates of the racial mounts.