Death Knight vs Paladin - One Man Army

So looking at the changes to the Paladin class, I can honestly say I it seems like a completely new class and it wasn't too long back that it was my main.

However, the Death Knight has been my main this expansion and it has its highs and lows.

However, have been wondering how good are Paladins compared to Death Knights - tanking, DPS and soloing.

Could an equally geared Paladin solo warbringers, old world raids as good as a Death Knight?

Are Paladins better in PVP with their QOL improvements compared to Death Knights?

Everything I've read has said that DKs still retain the title (as of 5.3) for soloing, and only hunters and BrM monks were close. Rage-reaction is that the gap was made bigger with the recent hunter nerfs - no idea if it is true. Would love to know if this balance is changing as a result of the 5.4 changes.

Deleted
    If anything, death knights pull ahead even stronger in terms of soloing due to Dancing Runeweapon getting buffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    However, have been wondering how good are Paladins compared to Death Knights - tanking, DPS and soloing.
    Tanking, Paladins are the best overall, with some fights playing directly into DK strengths and making us OP. DPS, assuming equal gear and skill, Unholy should be blowing Ret out of the water. Soloing, there is no substitute. Blood will take the soloing gold every time the question is asked, until Blizzard takes out their giant Nerf Mjollnir and hits us with it. Twice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    Everything I've read has said that DKs still retain the title (as of 5.3) for soloing, and only hunters and BrM monks were close. Rage-reaction is that the gap was made bigger with the recent hunter nerfs - no idea if it is true. Would love to know if this balance is changing as a result of the 5.4 changes.
    bm and sv hunters lose their interrupt abilities according to patchnotes. quite unwelcome for some encounters (either you cannot interrupt or you lose on buffs)

10+ Year Old Account
    yea i feel like dos are a great soloing class. i remember blood dks soloing morchok at 85

Deleted
    DK's are still king, active mitigation can be swapped for insane dps throughout a fight

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Tanking, Paladins are the best overall, with some fights playing directly into DK strengths and making us OP. DPS, assuming equal gear and skill, Unholy should be blowing Ret out of the water. Soloing, there is no substitute. Blood will take the soloing gold every time the question is asked, until Blizzard takes out their giant Nerf Mjollnir and hits us with it. Twice.
    [empty space removed ~ Nyanmaru]

Unholy blowing ret out of the water? What game are you even playing? Seriously? Unholy is one of the lowest dps specs right now across the board on all different varying levels of gear. Ret is one of the top in every single gear level category. Unholy got nerfed again badly (which made absolutely no sense whatsoever) and ret got their sheath of light doubled which was HUGE. The only thing unholy still does good at is trash dps, that's about as good as it gets. Ret is DESTROYING unholy at the moment, its literally not even in the same ballpark.
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2013-06-18 at 05:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symetree View Post
    [empty space removed ~ Nyanmaru]

Unholy blowing ret out of the water? What game are you even playing? Seriously? Unholy is one of the lowest dps specs right now across the board on all different varying levels of gear. Ret is one of the top in every single gear level category. Unholy got nerfed again badly (which made absolutely no sense whatsoever) and ret got their sheath of light doubled which was HUGE. The only thing unholy still does good at is trash dps, that's about as good as it gets. Ret is DESTROYING unholy at the moment, its literally not even in the same ballpark.
    This is false. Unholy is middle of the pack along with Ret. neither specs are dominating anything, they're both competitive. Mage and Warlock have been the top spec since Unholy got nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Droisa View Post
    yea i feel like dos are a great soloing class. i remember blood dks soloing morchok at 85
    Pfft, I can solo any heroic on my Blood DK(521 iLvl) currently at 90. Situation wasn't any different at 85.

Reason I don't do it, is because I get no Valor.