ICC Heroic 10 > 25 "switch" trick?

So, I've seen talk of the ability to clear all of 10H ICC up to LK and switch it to 25H to kill it there, anyone know if this is possible?

this is not a trick this is the system that got implemented with end of WotLK its called shared lockout correct me if im wrong
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Clear 11/12 on 10m normal, leave the raid, switch to 25m, enter the raid, switch to heroic.

Fairly sure you can't kill a single thing on Normal in ICC if you want to be able to do Heroic Lichking.

I'm fully aware that this would work for a normal raid but Heroic raids I know work in a different way so that, if you've killed a heroic boss at all in that instance, you cannot join another persons heroic raid no matter what boss they are on, even if the exact same bosses are dead and you are on the boss they are on, you cannot join them.

I'm just not sure if the same thing applies to joining 'your own 25H' so to speak, clearing all of 10H 11/12 and then swapping to 25H and killing H LK, this is the answer I'm looking for.

Could just be that I'm use to an old rule of raid lockouts and don't know of the changes.
    Last edited by Mahoraba; 2013-06-15 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahoraba View Post
    Fairly sure you can't kill a single thing on Normal in ICC if you want to be able to do Heroic Lichking.

I'm fully aware that this would work for a normal raid but Heroic raids I know work in a different way so that, if you've killed a heroic boss at all in that instance, you cannot join another persons heroic raid no matter what boss they are on, even if the exact same bosses are dead and you are on the boss they are on, you cannot join them.

I'm just not sure if the same thing applies to joining 'your own 25H' so to speak, clearing all of 10H 11/12 and then swapping to 25H and killing H LK, this is the answer I'm looking for.

Could just be that I'm use to an old rule of raid lockouts and don't know of the changes.
    You can. I personally did this last week. Kill all of normal 10 man up to lich king
    Switch to 25 man > zone back in > set to heroic. You can fight heroic 25 lich king.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahoraba View Post

If i remember correctly, you have to kill putri, lana'thel and sindra on HC to be able to kill LK on HC, and you can do the rest on normal... Correct me if i'm wrong tho

It used to be that you had to kill the end boss of the three wings on heroic to be able to get heroic Lich King. This was changed when cataclysm came around and they enabled you to switch on heroic Lich King as long as you had unlocked heroic mode.

Deleted
    Don't kill anything on heroic 10m, it has to be normal or you get the entire raid ID locked to 10m.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just did this, Kill Everything but LK on 10m normal, go out set it to 25 normal , go in set it to 25hc enjoy mount who never drop

Deleted
    I tied this, i did everything on 10m normal bar LK, then exited and switched to 25 hc but it didn't work, i could switch from 10normal to 10hc but not to 25hc. Not sure what i did wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    I tied this, i did everything on 10m normal bar LK, then exited and switched to 25 hc but it didn't work, i could switch from 10normal to 10hc but not to 25hc. Not sure what i did wrong.
    Switch to 25m normal, enter the raid, switch to heroic.