Anyone else think

Blizzard is losing a lot of subs now, they recently had the half off customer services, then announced they would be merging realms in 5.4 (kinda dirty if you think about it) releasing pets more frequently? just wondering what you guys think

Deleted
    The game is ancient and brings nothing new. It's no wonder it's bleeding as people, mostly the veterans, are fucking bored with it. Only reason it's not an all out hemorrhage is that the MMO market is garbage right now and even wow in its current state is still better than the crap out there (I would know, I tried them all), but once stuff like Wildstar or TESO will be out, I think wow will lose a lot more subs.

No, the sky isn't falling, wow will be here tomorrow, next week, next year and most likely 5 years from now. Blizzard is a company. Companies like to make money, blizzard is a company. Blizzard does things to make money.

It keeps me happy.

kthxbye

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    The game is ancient and brings nothing new. It's no wonder it's bleeding as people, mostly the veterans, are fucking bored with it. Only reason it's not an all out hemorrhage is that the MMO market is garbage right now and even wow in its current state is still better than the crap out there (I would know, I tried them all), but once stuff like Wildstar or TESO will be out, I think wow will lose a lot more subs.
    I really hope wildstar will be a cool game as I >really< like the cartoonish style and the thoughts of housing and exploring. Thing is, IF wildstar and teso fail, blizzard will most likely gain quite some subs again because people are bored.. again and want to play wow again.

A lot of older players are tired of the treadmill after 8 years and have left the game, as such its now in an awkward period of trying to draw in a new audience - hence all the big changes this expansion and new lore instead of rts referencing. They are trying to establish what wow is for a new generation of gamers.

Unfortunately i dont think they know what it is and in a way its almost like 10 years ago, wow was being made to revolutionise the mmo scene and all the older ones couldnt compete because they didnt know how to keep up. It was inevitable that the same would happen to wow. Theres only so many holy trinity "stand out of this" "tank at X stacks" fights they can keep us engaged with.

To their credit we are currently looking at a lot of said fights, but i know personally its simply not engaging anymore because its the same basic goal per expansion as when i started playing it back in my teens way back when. Trouble for blizzard is im not alone, and sure people say "but they still have X number of subs!" which is true. But if you have lost a full third from your peak then something needs to change and i think mists has been all about experimenting in what that change needs to be.

After all ,like the old saying goes, "the only thing that kills wow is wow" and theres more ways it can do it than shutting down.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are several active threads on each of the points you raised.