Friend having trouble in normals

Hello. So i myself have played league for over a year and when my friend was lvling up we played together alot so he won alot of games due to me carrying so now when hes lvl 30 and playing alone is MMR is too high for his skill and hes losing his lane like 9/10 times so hes not having fun and just ends up raging etc.. What to do ? He has like 200 games played in normals i think .. So another 200 to get his MMR fixed again ? >.< This system sucks so much... Cant get people matched properly:S

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

Deleted
    I assume your friend does not have many games played at level 30 yet?
    Playing more games (and unfortunately losing them) should fix his MMR, although that's not necessarily fun for him.
    Then there's the problem, if he plays together with you again, it would have the same effect as before.

So the only advice I can give is: get better.
    That sucks to hear, but if he always loses his lane, he could learn from that. What champion countered him? What abilities were used and at what time? Would a different item be better (Zhonya's etc)?

I know what it feels like to get matched against someone who is clearly better. It can be really frustrating.
    But since I switched my focus from winning to getting better, it has improved a lot. There are many things to learn from a loss.

Wouldent it be worth making a new account already if he has to lose a ton to get into low MMR ? I wouldent want to play league at all if i knew i had to lose 100 games orsomething >.<

What if he just starts playing ranked ... 10 matches lost in a row and he will put him at the bottom.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

He wants to stick to normals, u dont do ranked when ur new lol. Also hes in silver 5 or something.
    Last edited by SunbakedDuck; 2013-06-16 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    Wouldent it be worth making a new account already if he has to lose a ton to get into low MMR ? I wouldent want to play league at all if i knew i had to lose 100 games orsomething >.<
    As I don't know the skill level of your friend and his current MMR, it's impossible to guess how much he has to lose, but 100 games sounds like way too much.
    I don't think you can distort his MMR too much, in the end you are only one player of five.
    The matchmaking also takes the amount of games into account, so he should technically get matched with other new level 30 players.

Making a new account would require him to spent all the time levelling again, he wouldn't have runes at first and no champions.
    To me personally that would be even less fun, but he has to decide that on his own.

A wild guess but maybe the problem isn't his MMR but that he's lacking the communication with you, when he's playing alone? So he might perform worse due to not being able to ask questions or that the communication with his team isn't going too well.

Scaeva: I know for a fact that a single person can make 4 others play out of their league.

Whenever I play with friends they face (far) better enemies. This made me level a smurf now because they don't want to play with me if that means that they will lose their lanes nearly every game.

Although having nearly 2k normal game wins might influence it even stronger than my high normal mmr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Scaeva: I know for a fact that a single person can make 4 others play out of their league.

Whenever I play with friends they face (far) better enemies. This made me level a smurf now because they don't want to play with me if that means that they will lose their lanes nearly every game.

Although having nearly 2k normal game wins might influence it even stronger than my high normal mmr.
    Did it also raise their personal MMR so that they ended up facing better opponents while plaing solo?
    I know that while you (or any other person with a high MMR) are in their game, the opponents will be better, but does it have such a strong influence on the friend's personal MMR?

I can't really judge this because I almost never play alone, so I have no idea what skill level my opponents would have if I would queue up alone. It just wouldn't seem right to me, if players getting "carried" (no negative connotation) wouldn't be able to play alone at some point anymore.

As ive understood MMR is basicly the relation of ur wins to losses? So if u have like 100 wins more then losses then you will face alot better people then u would if u had like 100 losses more then wins?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    As ive understood MMR is basicly the relation of ur wins to losses? So if u have like 100 wins more then losses then you will face alot better people then u would if u had like 100 losses more then wins?
    It also factors in how good your opponents were.
    If you have 50% wins against players with high MMR, your MMR is higher than having 50% wins against players with low MMR.
    So it's a bit more complicated than that.

The reason why MMR exists ist so that in the end everyone plays with opponents of the same skill level and evens out at 50% wins.

Obviously what you describe is an effect connected to that. While you climb the MMR-ladder, you'll have a positive statistic, because you did not yet reach the MMR that equals you skill level and therefore face off against weaker opponents.
    Similar to what your friend is experiencing, just in reverse.

10+ Year Old Account
    If his normal MMR is distorted that badly already that he can't win solo, continuing to queue with you isn't going to help. The more games you carry him through, the higher his MMR becomes. Also, eventually it will reach a point where you can't carry him anymore and he becomes dead weight since the average MMR of your opponents will become closer and closer to yours.

You have 3 options I see. 1) He sucks it up and loses till he can hold his own. 2) he makes a new account 3) you make a smurf and queue with him that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaeva View Post
    It also factors in how good your opponents were.
    If you have 50% wins against players with high MMR, your MMR is higher than having 50% wins against players with low MMR.
    So it's a bit more complicated than that.

The reason why MMR exists ist so that in the end everyone plays with opponents of the same skill level and evens out at 50% wins.

Obviously what you describe is an effect connected to that. While you climb the MMR-ladder, you'll have a positive statistic, because you did not yet reach the MMR that equals you skill level and therefore face off against weaker opponents.
    Similar to what your friend is experiencing, just in reverse.
    should apply that MMR thing to ranked because the games im having are so one sided :/ not even close to people in same elo lol, its like diamond vs bronze every game, not fun to play at all