Failing to play any games

About a week or two ago my computer has been running fine for 2 years (Laptop)

All the sudden I was unable to play any games though randomly. I did a windows update and after that an issue happened that I've been unable to fix even though I did a factory restore (completely uninstalling and reinstalling everything). I updated my driver, just did a new restart and updated my windows again because I felt like it may have failed to update but nope still the same issue.

League of Legends will say region unavailable, Skype will not work, no game on steam will open, and WoW will say communication error has occurred.

I got a nVidea GTX 660m video card and windows 7 if that helps too.

I'm literally lost and have no idea what to do, been checking everywhere and I haven't seen any help at all on what to do. If I restart my computer everything will work for about 2-3 minutes (like I can open WoW or open League) but then after that nothing seems to work.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post I'm sorta new but it was the only computer forum I found that had to deal with none setups

*Quick update, it seems that if I restart my computer 3-5 times with about a 5 minute gap in between it fixed it. I haven't had an issue for a while and usually 3 minutes after restarting it will mess up.
    Last edited by mufu x25; 2013-06-15 at 10:39 PM.

Deleted
    Sounds like something is malfunctioning or at least not working properly. I have heard and experienced cases where USB devices would cause computers not to boot. A controller card could cause a similar issue.

I know that many manufacturers tend to use cheap-o wireless network adapters in laptops to save costs. Maybe that could be something to look into.

My advice would be to contact the manufacturer though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I know that many manufacturers tend to use cheap-o wireless network adapters in laptops to save costs. Maybe that could be something to look into.
    This. And also, perhaps windows update did a firmware update on your network card? I can't say i've ever had windows update download firmware for any hardware but it's possible.