Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    3. You can use the AH with a registered account.

This has been said like 12 times or something... I'm bad at math.
    Yeah, was going to state that too, I know it got "fixed", didn't feel the need to state that too since the point got settled earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    If you bought the game at any point you have no such restriction.

I am not sure the restriction even exists as reported actually. It's supposed to only be in effect for non-registered accounts.
    This is incorrect. You are unable to post auctions with a registered F2P account with less than 1500 loyalty, and that is intentional. You are able to search and purchase from the auction house. When you try to post something, the game will tell you you do not have the required loyalty. The minimum loyalty as stated previously is 1500. As shown in the chart on Trion's support site (support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1597/related/1), "Auction House: Add Item" is "No" for both guest and registered accounts. Reports in this thread of being able to do so are either false, a bug, or a misunderstanding of the account type a person has.

The whole thing really is much ado about nothing. Selling on the auction house is not an integral part of the game, just like a 4th and 5th bag slot aren't. You can still sell in trade, COD things to other players, etc. It is a convenience, nothing more.
    Last edited by todm; 2013-06-19 at 04:34 PM.

That post was ages ago. And things are cleared up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Do you people complaining about not being able to use the AH realize they did that to stop any possibility of Gold Farmers from infesting the game? Do you ever stop to use your brain or do you just automatically start bitching about something that you don't understand?
    Gold farmers use stolen accounts................they don't create accounts and level and gear themselves.

You should listen to your own advice.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    1.- It's not that people don't understand, we do understand.
    2.- Lower the tone a little bit, you seem kinda pissed and overly defensive over a game, and those are opinions about the game that can shift.

Chill out a bit please.
    1) If they understood, they wouldn't be complaining.
    2) Uh... what are you even trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    Gold farmers use stolen accounts................they don't create accounts and level and gear themselves.

You should listen to your own advice.
    In WoW, yes, but in f2p games, they're not required to steal accounts.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    In WoW, yes, but in f2p games, they're not required to steal accounts.
    Yes, accounts are even stolen in F2P games. Even more so than Subscription games since typically in F2P games, the "freeloaders" as people would call them typically have the mail, trading, money caps, etc in place.

The Auction House isn't optional imho either, in SWTOR, WOW, Neverwinter playing the auction house is a whole separate economic game for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow thats pretty lame. It should be restricted to X amount of items or X amount of posts per day/week. With all the people that are at high level Im sure the AH is almost useless if low level F2P'ers cant sell the low level stuff they find.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Oh wow thats pretty lame. It should be restricted to X amount of items or X amount of posts per day/week. With all the people that are at high level Im sure the AH is almost useless if low level F2P'ers cant sell the low level stuff they find.
    It's not that bad in Rift actually.

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...1597/related/1

They just can't flood the market undercutting people like crazy or spam posting a bunch of junk.

At most you have to give Trion like 10$ or something, to add items to AH as a registered user.

It's not that bad in Rift actually.

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...1597/related/1

They just can't flood the market undercutting people like crazy or spam posting a bunch of junk.

At most you have to give Trion like 10$ or something, to add items to AH as a registered user.
    If they put a 2-5 item limit for F2P, people aren't going to be listing junk or 1 item stacks.

I'm sure the subscribers wouldn't mind if F2P massively undercut either, simply buyout all their auctions and relist. For selling mats in this game, I look to see what they go for on the AH, then sell at a 50% discount so I don't need to spam the trade channel all night.

Meh. Whatever.

Meh. Whatever.
    Thanks for posting that link, that explains the differences between all the account types extremely well!

Yes, accounts are even stolen in F2P games. Even more so than Subscription games since typically in F2P games, the "freeloaders" as people would call them typically have the mail, trading, money caps, etc in place.

The Auction House isn't optional imho either, in SWTOR, WOW, Neverwinter playing the auction house is a whole separate economic game for me.
    Oh yeah? Prove it.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

If they put a 2-5 item limit for F2P, people aren't going to be listing junk or 1 item stacks.

I'm sure the subscribers wouldn't mind if F2P massively undercut either, simply buyout all their auctions and relist. For selling mats in this game, I look to see what they go for on the AH, then sell at a 50% discount so I don't need to spam the trade channel all night.
    It's really a nominal fee. you Just buy 5 dollars worth of credits or buy one unit of REX off the AH and you can sell.

Deleted
    If youre not willing to spend £5/$5/€5 then obviously youre not going to contribute to the development of the game in any way, so basically trion doesnt want you if youre not going to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    If youre not willing to spend £5/$5/€5 then obviously youre not going to contribute to the development of the game in any way, so basically trion doesnt want you if youre not going to contribute.
    That's kinda not true...they did go F2P with a super open model instead of B2P or remaining subscription based, and they allow for RMT to allow you to buy from the cash shop without actually spending any money. So clearly, they do want you and are ok with you if you don't pay them any money.