Question Jeep Liberty Improvements/Enhancements?

So I have this Jeep Liberty. It's a nice car, but I would really like to make it better. Maybe improve the engine, enhance/"jack-up" the suspension. I don't know. If anyone has any ideas please say so! Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/q3j6zsC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tIw4r7R.jpg
    Last edited by Hammerschlag; 2013-06-16 at 03:14 AM.
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

Make the pictures smaller

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerschlag View Post
    I just made it a link.
    Hammer, I hate to say it, but, this line of jeep is sort of a more suburban/pedestrian sort of deal. Made for soccer moms and such. If you really want better, I wholeheartedly encourage you to sell it, and get a wrangler. Two door or 4 door.
    The difference is night and day.
    Trying to turn a model they did not intend into a hardcore trail rig is like spec'ing for heals and trying to dps, it's never going to make you happy.
    You'll be miles ahead by selling and getting what they DID build for what you want. That's a wrangler. Yj, TJ, LJ, and now the JK.
    Rubicon version is 'I have no time or skill to install aftermarket parts and I want to just have it ready as is' (and it will cost you), but nothing says you can't get rockrails, lockers and a swaybar disco, better axles and install on a cheaper model.

Failing that, I'd check out your local jeep club. They exist, I promise. And I can promise they will be better use to you then the entirety of mmochamp.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to agree with Bigbam here. Liberty's and pretty much any other Jeep model is a no no except a Wrangler. If you like the 4 door style and SUV I would go with a 4 door Wrangler. Wranglers are basic and have the most custom parts in the car industry, making it rather inexpensive sometimes. They are simple to work on. Simple as in, if the part came with directions, you probably don't need to take it to a shop. They are a top 3 vehicle in re-sell value and have at times, take the TJ for example, were the top vehicle for re-sell value. For instance, my 98 wrangler will sell for 8k no problem the shape its in at 150k miles. No other car holds that kind of value 15 years later.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

As far as lifting goes, it doesn't look like you could do much and still be able to fit in your garage. You'd be risking ripping off your antenna, and then add more than 4" and you won't even fit to begin with.