Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #181
    Stood in the Fire Rheckameohs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    482
    As an orc, I'm hoping for something in between Thrall's model and Garrosh's 5.4 model. I don't necessarily want to be as roided out and hunched like Garrosh, but I don't want my back to be as straight as Thrall's. And please, please have animated hair and facial hair. I want my enormous braided goatee to bounce around.

    My tauren and blood elf alts wouldn't mind some love either. I like my tauren's hump, so I hope they keep that, but the mane and fur in general could be a lot better. A more expressive face wouldn't hurt either. My blood elf looks okay as is, but I think his proportions are a little off. Blood elves should be slimmer, in my opinion.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

    80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    I am worried that new orcs won't have a hunch.
    I'm worried that they will lol.

    Undead seems like the most easily screwed up

  3. #183
    Why are you all thinking they'll screw up? They're not changing anything iconic about the races (undead will still have bones) I mean look at the garrosh model, the biggest difference aside from the hi-res texture is that he has individual fingers.

  4. #184
    Stood in the Fire Rheckameohs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    482
    The undead model is so horrendous on its own that it's damn near impossible to screw it up.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

    80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion that human males aren't going to turn out the way most people expect or want them to. I think right now a lot of players have such a suspense of disbelief when looking at their low-fidelity human avatars, their imagination paints a picture of what they really want them to look like, without realizing that Blizzard has quite a stylized approach for their depiction of humans. The whole deliberate neck tumor thing being one of them.
    I've been thinking a lot about that myself. Like you say, I have a very specific "style" in mind when I think about how my human characters should look, that doesn't really jive with Blizzard's current art style. I wouldn't be surprised if the human male faces all end up looking like Admiral Mustache from the MoP intro cinematic.

  6. #186
    Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    I'm worried the most about female Tauren. If the clone-face of female Worgen and Pandaren are anything to go off of, I'm a bit scared they'll end up being Bambi's girlfriend clones rather than individual Tauren women. Going for the cute furry girl factor instead of like proper Minotaurs. Plus same face syndrome.

    Not saying I don't like the female Pandaren, they're very well designed, but they all look the same. I'd be sad to see Tauren meet that fate. Please prove me wrong, Blizz!

    So yeah, that's my biggest concern.
    This goes for Trolls and Orcs as well, although fem Orcs have like one older face luckily.

    And yeah, Pandaren fems were done well, but there is a lot of changes that NEED to be done to them!

    And don't even get me started on fem Worgen.... /shudder

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanochan View Post
    This goes for Trolls and Orcs as well, although fem Orcs have like one older face luckily.

    And yeah, Pandaren fems were done well, but there is a lot of changes that NEED to be done to them!

    And don't even get me started on fem Worgen.... /shudder
    you can't change the fem pandaren. the reason they look all the same is because blizz put a lot of expressivity on their faces. read "blizz made it all 3D so they can make a load of expressions, and now all textures you put on the pandaren female's face must fit those 3D shapes otherwise it looks broken".
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  8. #188
    It's been said before, but I agree. Gnomes. I love my gnome warrior.... but I can just see this happening.

  9. #189
    Prime example of the negativity in the WoW Community, folks. Nicely rolled into one post (the original one) if I might add.

    It AMAZES me how many people who play this game practically eat, drink and breathe negative thoughts. There's always SOMEONE injecting their toxic ways of thinking into almost every aspect of this game.

    I think however the models turn out is how they turn out. Blizzard deserves a ton more credit than you are giving them. This thread is so unhelpful it's mind boggling to me it's even still open.

  10. #190
    Legendary! darenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cho'gall (US)
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    you can't change the fem pandaren. the reason they look all the same is because blizz put a lot of expressivity on their faces. read "blizz made it all 3D so they can make a load of expressions, and now all textures you put on the pandaren female's face must fit those 3D shapes otherwise it looks broken".
    odd how the males have much more varied faces then.

    really, its no excuse beyond pure laziness. kinda like how female belfs & draenei have the same exact faces with different color skin.

  11. #191
    Bloodsail Admiral Master Jinora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Sylvanas used to be a High Elf, not a Night Elf
    We don't need to make that distinction, its a body type. Which in most cases, Sylvanas is looked at as having a similar figure to a Night Elf.
    "Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind."
    — Zaheer

  12. #192
    The only one I'm worried about is the female blood elf. I'm quite fond of them as they are, and I worry they'll give in to weird people complaining about them supposedly being too thin, and make them more beefy like the female human. For anything else I play, I figure it'll be an improvement.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    odd how the males have much more varied faces then.

    really, its no excuse beyond pure laziness. kinda like how female belfs & draenei have the same exact faces with different color skin.
    because the 3D part of the males isn't nearly as detailed as the female ones. they are much more generic.

    more detail on model = less freedom on textures
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  14. #194
    Legendary! darenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cho'gall (US)
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    because the 3D part of the males isn't nearly as detailed as the female ones. they are much more generic.

    more detail on model = less freedom on textures
    only to an extent... there were tons of fan made textures that used the exact same model and had far more variety.

    it was pure laziness on blizz's part.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    only to an extent... there were tons of fan made textures that used the exact same model and had far more variety.

    it was pure laziness on blizz's part.
    you know, I'd hate to work for blizzard. they made a very well detailed, beautiful model from scratch, with dozens of cool animations in it's brand new skeleton, high res textures, a cool new type of underwear and a popular dance on youtube videos, and people still complain and call them lazy just because they don't get an option to make their fem panda look like an old hag. this makes me depressed, really.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  16. #196
    I'm scared to see how female trolls might work.

    They've said that they're not terribly fond with how they turned out, and with all the new troll models they've churned out over the years, they've all only been male, so they don't have much work in the bank for it

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    I'm scared to see how female trolls might work.

    They've said that they're not terribly fond with how they turned out, and with all the new troll models they've churned out over the years, they've all only been male, so they don't have much work in the bank for it
    The female troll in the council encounter in ToT turned out pretty well imo. I'm hoping they'll go w/something similar for the new troll models.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    And since we're dredging up old-world stuff, she should be happy she was even allowed to become a nurse at all instead of being raped.

  18. #198
    Gnomes ofcourse could only get worse!

  19. #199
    Herald of the Titans zephid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,827
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I don't really get it. Why are you convincing yourself already that something "won't go over well"? What do you base that on? Nobody hasn't seen anything of any new models yet.
    If you are expecting the worst you can only be pleasantly surprised.

  20. #200
    Field Marshal Schwarzwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    The only one I'm worried about is the female blood elf. I'm quite fond of them as they are, and I worry they'll give in to weird people complaining about them supposedly being too thin, and make them more beefy like the female human. For anything else I play, I figure it'll be an improvement.
    When I read this I thought: 'What the hell?'
    They ARE too thin! They look emaciated! I don't get how people can find them sexy or attractive at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •