Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's been said before, but I agree. Gnomes. I love my gnome warrior.... but I can just see this happening.

Prime example of the negativity in the WoW Community, folks. Nicely rolled into one post (the original one) if I might add.

It AMAZES me how many people who play this game practically eat, drink and breathe negative thoughts. There's always SOMEONE injecting their toxic ways of thinking into almost every aspect of this game.

I think however the models turn out is how they turn out. Blizzard deserves a ton more credit than you are giving them. This thread is so unhelpful it's mind boggling to me it's even still open.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    you can't change the fem pandaren. the reason they look all the same is because blizz put a lot of expressivity on their faces. read "blizz made it all 3D so they can make a load of expressions, and now all textures you put on the pandaren female's face must fit those 3D shapes otherwise it looks broken".
    odd how the males have much more varied faces then.

really, its no excuse beyond pure laziness. kinda like how female belfs & draenei have the same exact faces with different color skin.

The only one I'm worried about is the female blood elf. I'm quite fond of them as they are, and I worry they'll give in to weird people complaining about them supposedly being too thin, and make them more beefy like the female human. For anything else I play, I figure it'll be an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    odd how the males have much more varied faces then.

really, its no excuse beyond pure laziness. kinda like how female belfs & draenei have the same exact faces with different color skin.
    because the 3D part of the males isn't nearly as detailed as the female ones. they are much more generic.

more detail on model = less freedom on textures
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

because the 3D part of the males isn't nearly as detailed as the female ones. they are much more generic.

more detail on model = less freedom on textures
    only to an extent... there were tons of fan made textures that used the exact same model and had far more variety.

it was pure laziness on blizz's part.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    only to an extent... there were tons of fan made textures that used the exact same model and had far more variety.

it was pure laziness on blizz's part.
    you know, I'd hate to work for blizzard. they made a very well detailed, beautiful model from scratch, with dozens of cool animations in it's brand new skeleton, high res textures, a cool new type of underwear and a popular dance on youtube videos, and people still complain and call them lazy just because they don't get an option to make their fem panda look like an old hag. this makes me depressed, really.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I'm scared to see how female trolls might work.

They've said that they're not terribly fond with how they turned out, and with all the new troll models they've churned out over the years, they've all only been male, so they don't have much work in the bank for it

Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    I'm scared to see how female trolls might work.

They've said that they're not terribly fond with how they turned out, and with all the new troll models they've churned out over the years, they've all only been male, so they don't have much work in the bank for it
    The female troll in the council encounter in ToT turned out pretty well imo. I'm hoping they'll go w/something similar for the new troll models.

Deleted
    Gnomes ofcourse could only get worse!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I don't really get it. Why are you convincing yourself already that something "won't go over well"? What do you base that on? Nobody hasn't seen anything of any new models yet.
    If you are expecting the worst you can only be pleasantly surprised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    The only one I'm worried about is the female blood elf. I'm quite fond of them as they are, and I worry they'll give in to weird people complaining about them supposedly being too thin, and make them more beefy like the female human. For anything else I play, I figure it'll be an improvement.
    When I read this I thought: 'What the hell?'
    They ARE too thin! They look emaciated! I don't get how people can find them sexy or attractive at all.

My main's a female dwarf at the moment and when I resub in a week or so I'll be going male undead...they better not make 'em more kid or girly girl friendly or I'm gonna be pissed. WoW needs a scary (if you're five) race!

15+ Year Old Account
    I think people will be ready to complain either way, IMO come models are currently so ugly that anything they do will be considered an improvement (I'm looking at you male nightelves!) But some 'parts' of some existing models bug some people but not others. A lot of people want the bone poking out aspect of undead to disappear, but I've seen counter arguements from people who want it to stay (IMO just add it as an option when creating the character) How hunched over orcs and trolls are could be another aspect up for debate, as could dorf beards.

I think generally the improvements will be great, I doubt I'll complain either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    A lot of people want the bone poking out aspect of undead to disappear, but I've seen counter arguements from people who want it to stay (IMO just add it as an option when creating the character)
    It's been my experience that the players who claim they don't mind the way Forsaken bones appear on their characters are usually playing caster classes, so they don't see how ugly their legs look like as 90% bone.

you know, I'd hate to work for blizzard. they made a very well detailed, beautiful model from scratch, with dozens of cool animations in it's brand new skeleton, high res textures, a cool new type of underwear and a popular dance on youtube videos, and people still complain and call them lazy just because they don't get an option to make their fem panda look like an old hag. this makes me depressed, really.
    they somehow managed to find the time to make a variety of faces for 8 races in vanilla, yet couldnt be bothered for 1 new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or how they recolored the entire texture, leaving darker Draenei with ugly corroded rings instead of golden ones.
    Luckily I know how to edit textures and mess around with MPQ files. :<

I think people will be ready to complain either way,
    Just remember the new druid forms... boy what an outrage that caused.

Troll males. They've just looked so ridiculous for so long, I can only imagine that the new one will look just as bad, in a prettier way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    It's been my experience that the players who claim they don't mind the way Forsaken bones appear on their characters are usually playing caster classes, so they don't see how ugly their legs look like as 90% bone.
    true, I've only ever played undead casters, but even then the arms and back still bug me =p

Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    I'm worried the most about female Tauren. If the clone-face of female Worgen and Pandaren are anything to go off of, I'm a bit scared they'll end up being Bambi's girlfriend clones rather than individual Tauren women. Going for the cute furry girl factor instead of like proper Minotaurs. Plus same face syndrome.

Not saying I don't like the female Pandaren, they're very well designed, but they all look the same. I'd be sad to see Tauren meet that fate. Please prove me wrong, Blizz!

So yeah, that's my biggest concern.
    You basically summed of my fears. I was really sad when they just left female pandaren faces how they were after giving males a nice variation. I'm worried for tauren in general as I think animating their faces is going to be difficult with their muzzles. I'm also curious if they will do anything with their neck/back alignment to try to make helms fit a little better. Should be interesting.