Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Something that is in dire need of one. Like human female or dwarf.

I'm gonna laugh so hard if it's a horde race's model coming out 1st.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am worried about human females, they might turn out either too ridiculously sexy or just too plain and boring, which would be the same as they are now. Human is a hard race to make attractive, and I don't mean sexually attractive, I mean literally attracting people to play it in a game.

Deleted
    Orc and Troll looks fantastic right now......Don't think they will mess up the others to be honest. At least they are following an already defined race rather than making up something new. The new races haven't been very good imo.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henock View Post
    Not saying that blizzard is bad at what they do, but sometimes during a reboot things don't go as planned. I think that dwarfs won't go over well. Specifically male dwarfs. I think that the beards will come out wrong. (Dem beards be important) Also, the undead. I hope they go for a design that doesn't involve bones popping out of armor. -_-'
    Not what you are asking but i seem to recall when they patched in new blood elf bodies back then there was this (mini) boss in scholo that got hilariously paralyzed

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead.

I don't know how they could change that model and the animations with the bones and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Something that is in dire need of one. Like human female or dwarf.

I'm gonna laugh so hard if it's a horde race's model coming out 1st.
    I'm pretty certain they'll be releasing all models at once. Would be seriously stupid if they didn't
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-06-16 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    I am worried about human females, they might turn out either too ridiculously sexy or just too plain and boring, which would be the same as they are now.
    I am looking forward to the hair styles the most. They are likely doing most of the overhaul work on the way that the hair works and moves along with different beards/extras that some races have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Undead.

I don't know how they could change that model and the animations with the bones and all.
    Introduce fully skeletal basic models. Equippable with armors ofc.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    People will always find something to QQ, you just can't please all types of players as an example blizz would make the new orc models not haunch backs while some people would still QQ while if they reworked them and kept them as haunch backs other people would QQ. But sticking to the topic, if they also will rework BC models, idk why draenei's would be wrong (male) and humans I hope they turn out to be better than their look atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Henock View Post
    Also, the undead. I hope they go for a design that doesn't involve bones popping out of armor. -_-'
    They said they will keep the models as close as possible to what they are now, just updating them, so they will still have their bones popping out like they do now. That's just the way they look.

Deleted
    The Night Elves, mainly the males. I just can't imagine them ever being right. Proof me wrong Blizzard!

Deleted
    I have same fears as many others in this thread, ie. that blizzard makes certain female models too "sexy". Let teenage wankers play their anorectic blood elves. I already had a asperger neckbeard moment in this older thread.

Deleted
    I'm worried they'll give same face (or the most 2-3 faces), like they did with worgen and pandaren females.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    If they give Night Elves a newer model so it looks like Sylvanas or Alexstraza/Ysera, I'm totally doing a race change. :P
    If they do that the night elves would be ruined for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    My money is on Blizzard screwing up Night Elf female. It always seems like there is a vocal portion of the community that think the current model is too "manly" and want their proportions to be closer to your stereotypical Tolkien elves, despite the fact that they were envisioned as a race of savage amazons. I expect Blizz will take that feedback to heart and just churn out another pretty elf race.
    And this of course.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope the redo half of the female nelf emotes, don't really wanna be a teeny alliance cheerleader anymore. Some of their emotes are just painful to watch....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I agree, all of the new models look great...except for Azshara/Tyrande, due to reasons below :P Good sign imo though regarding the new models we have seen, even if they are going to be using new skeletons/etc and not simply reskins like the npcs have (except for Garrosh).

Ysera would be a good model for night elves, and Alexstraza for blood elves (even though their models are virtually the same and Ysera is using a blood elf reskin along with Alexstraza), because it solves the issue of people complaining about wanting to play a blood elf on Alliance side (although some people legitimately want high elves as a playable race, some people just want to be able to play a blood elf on Alli side, and admit it) by keeping the models nearly virtually identical save perhaps for height and some other race-specific features like tattoos, skin color, etc.

Night elves are athletic looking, which is fine, but something feels off about the Tyrande/Azshara models we saw in Well of Eternity last expansion...Azshara was supposed to be this drop-dead beauty to rival all beauties in Azeroth, but her model didn't really reflect that. I think Night Elves should end up looking like something between the current night elf model and the current blood elf model--slightly more feminine but not quite as small and delicate looking as blood elves, still graceful looking and powerful.

I'm interested in seeing what Blizzard will do w/gnomes and forsaken. I love the male gnome model w/the white beard, but female gnomes never really looked "right" to me and therefore never bothered playing one. Forsaken...I have a feeling that model will end up looking very different from what we see in game currently.
    No. I think the Azshara model was fine. Just make some improvements to the hair, the eyes (they still had a weird glow) and a higher poly count and you're done. Azshara's model was exactly how night elf females should look. Tyrande as well, but on her model it's hard to see because of all the garments and high heels which is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I'm a bit afraid for new fem Draenei models. hope they won't take their sexappeal
    That's related to your tail waggle, so as long as you don't lose your tail, you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah let's have another chunky/unattractive female race instead. :P

*sigh*
    Night elves are one of the most played races, the third if I remember right, in the Alliance second to humans but only by a small margin. They're one of the races where the male-female is actually in favor of females... so... guess most people disagree with you since they play a current night elf female. And I like the current chunky female model. You don't? Fine, the blood elves await you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I'm worried they'll give same face (or the most 2-3 faces), like they did with worgen and pandaren females.

If they do that the night elves would be ruined for good.

And this of course.

Yeah, I don't like the manhands, they are way too big even for night elves. Aside from that, I only want them to look even more muscular than they do currently. I love the fact that they are supposed to be amazonian, so if they look a bit more fit, while not being bodybuilder muscular, I would love it. And for the love of god, no Alexstrasza/Ysera model for Night Elves unless you want to completely destroy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post

That's related to your tail waggle, so as long as you don't lose your tail, you're good.

Meh, I think draenei females are just bad at the moment, really. Their tails are just stupid in comparison to what they could and should be, and they have cutesy copycat blood elf faces. Really, the only way they could make draenei look worse is by pulling a worgen on them.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2013-06-16 at 01:27 PM.

I think the Forsaken models could either look really really stupid or really really amazing. The rest I think won't be too bad regardless. Already loving the new Orc/Troll models. I do find, however, that it's annoying the females are too 'perfect'. Troll females should be hunched over too imo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Some examples of his art, some of which might seem familiar:
    I suggest you to not link links that gives other people access denied :P

Also, the only issue I can see with new models is that there will be some more clipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    I suggest you to not link links that gives other people access denied :P

Also, the only issue I can see with new models is that there will be some more clipping.

All of them give "access denied" or do some of them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    All of them give "access denied" or do some of them?
    All except the last one that is from the wiki

I'd say humans, but I don't think it's even technically possible for them to be any worse.

Night elf and draenei males look guldem weird. I hope they don't try to keep them looking too weird just for the sake of it.