Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    indeed, currently hips, and rest of the human females are out of proportion.
    Eh?

They are not. Obviously, if you wish to play a teenage human female, I guess they are. Teenage girls usually have quite small hips.

On topic:

Possibly draenei. I can't really imagine how they could turn out. Any other race I can only imagine as an improvement. I think I read somewhere that the dwarf models look awesome according to Blizzard btw. I don't like them saying that, but hey, either way it is quite likely an improvement to what we have now.
    Last edited by Duridi; 2013-06-17 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    To be honest i dont see anything wrong with them looking like that:
    http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Tau...ossom-65247660
    or that:
    http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Res...Druid-88416809

Current model seems to have spine of hydralisk.
    That's more what I'm afraid they'll do, really. Make them more humanish/cute like that...I'd be really saddened by that and bail on the race altogether. I'd rather them looking more animal and like a force to be reckoned with and less anime. :/ But that's me.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    That's more what I'm afraid they'll do, really. Make them more humanish/cute like that...I'd be really saddened by that and bail on the race altogether. I'd rather them looking more animal and like a force to be reckoned with and less anime. :/ But that's me.
    I'd rather they look like something I can fap to, but that's just me.

there's never enough fap material, after all
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-06-18 at 12:12 AM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I have a sneaking suspicion that human males aren't going to turn out the way most people expect or want them to. I think right now a lot of players have such a suspense of disbelief when looking at their low-fidelity human avatars, their imagination paints a picture of what they really want them to look like, without realizing that Blizzard has quite a stylized approach for their depiction of humans. The whole deliberate neck tumor thing being one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling gnome players will be disappointed. Theirs is the vanilla model which simply has the least room to work with, being so compact. The changes won't be as glaring or polished as some of the others IMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    One thing I am concerned about is our community's expectations of the new models. A lot of players are expecting a complete overhaul of the models, like fixing the undead hunches all the Horde characters have, or something really drastic. I am calling it now: instead of completely redoing the models, what they will release are models that follow the same exact build as what they are now, but with just more lively animations, and larger polygon count. doing so avoids them having to redo all the individual model/skeletons that the armor sets out there.

with that being said, they can't really "mess up" the old races, since the basics are already there.

Mmm, concerned about the Forsaken. The current model is so ugly but do I want them to completely change it? Hard to even know what I want them to do with it.

Don't know why you'd worry about male dwarf. All they need is more polys, animations and higher res. I love the male dwarf model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    Let me just post my wishlist;

Forsaken
    - Slightly larger shoulder armours
    - Maybe the bones being a toggle.

- Replaced.
    NO NO NO, the undead shoulder size is damn near perfect, i hate all the huge fucking shoulders in this game. leave the damn shoulders alone, they almost always look rediculous when any bigger. bones being a toggle is great since i seem to be the only person that actually likes the bones sticking out of armor.

on another note, i think forsaken should have tattered robes for cloth users. cant be that hard to use a template and have holes appear near the edges of a robe.and ffs, i hope my character can still be missing his jaw.
    Last edited by Vulryth; 2013-06-18 at 01:02 AM.
    weeee!

Quote Originally Posted by Vulryth View Post
    NO NO NO, the undead shoulder size is damn near perfect, i hate all the huge fucking shoulders in this game. leave the damn shoulders alone, they almost always look rediculous when any bigger. bones being a toggle is great since i seem to be the only person that actually likes the bones sticking out of armor.

on another note, i think forsaken should have tattered robes for cloth users. cant be that hard to use a template and have holes appear near the edges of a robe.and ffs, i hope my character can still be missing his jaw.
    being dead is no excuse for dressing up like a pig. I wish my main could dress up as well as possible, with whole robes, no pieces missing on the elbows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    If they give Night Elves a newer model so it looks like Sylvanas or Alexstraza/Ysera, I'm totally doing a race change. :P
    Those are both blood elf models with added flare...Lol
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

15+ Year Old Account
    Forsaken has alot of potential for improvement, but it could end up looking even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Henock View Post
    the undead. I hope they go for a design that doesn't involve bones popping out of armor. -_-'
    If they made undead better with regards to armor I'd probably race change to one. As it stands I hate the way most armor looks on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindai View Post
    I have a bad feeling about trolls. Vol'jin and Mar'li.. well, they don't look bad, but they're definitely not what I'd want playable trolls to look like. A bit less muscular than that and smoother faces than the current models would be perfect for me.

As for female night elves.. They are perfect the way they are - strong and graceful! If they somehow manage to ruin them, [insert death threat here].

I'd hate to see any of the models change too much, but the quality was obviously not meant for our current graphics settings.
    The voljin and Marli models acutally uses the old trollplayer skeletons. They are just HD 1080p instead of 240p, if you get my point. So they are basicly what you want to have.

As an orc, I'm hoping for something in between Thrall's model and Garrosh's 5.4 model. I don't necessarily want to be as roided out and hunched like Garrosh, but I don't want my back to be as straight as Thrall's. And please, please have animated hair and facial hair. I want my enormous braided goatee to bounce around.

My tauren and blood elf alts wouldn't mind some love either. I like my tauren's hump, so I hope they keep that, but the mane and fur in general could be a lot better. A more expressive face wouldn't hurt either. My blood elf looks okay as is, but I think his proportions are a little off. Blood elves should be slimmer, in my opinion.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    I am worried that new orcs won't have a hunch.
    I'm worried that they will lol.

Undead seems like the most easily screwed up

Why are you all thinking they'll screw up? They're not changing anything iconic about the races (undead will still have bones) I mean look at the garrosh model, the biggest difference aside from the hi-res texture is that he has individual fingers.

The undead model is so horrendous on its own that it's damn near impossible to screw it up.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion that human males aren't going to turn out the way most people expect or want them to. I think right now a lot of players have such a suspense of disbelief when looking at their low-fidelity human avatars, their imagination paints a picture of what they really want them to look like, without realizing that Blizzard has quite a stylized approach for their depiction of humans. The whole deliberate neck tumor thing being one of them.
    I've been thinking a lot about that myself. Like you say, I have a very specific "style" in mind when I think about how my human characters should look, that doesn't really jive with Blizzard's current art style. I wouldn't be surprised if the human male faces all end up looking like Admiral Mustache from the MoP intro cinematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    I'm worried the most about female Tauren. If the clone-face of female Worgen and Pandaren are anything to go off of, I'm a bit scared they'll end up being Bambi's girlfriend clones rather than individual Tauren women. Going for the cute furry girl factor instead of like proper Minotaurs. Plus same face syndrome.

Not saying I don't like the female Pandaren, they're very well designed, but they all look the same. I'd be sad to see Tauren meet that fate. Please prove me wrong, Blizz!

So yeah, that's my biggest concern.
    This goes for Trolls and Orcs as well, although fem Orcs have like one older face luckily.

And yeah, Pandaren fems were done well, but there is a lot of changes that NEED to be done to them!

And don't even get me started on fem Worgen.... /shudder

Quote Originally Posted by Sanochan View Post
    This goes for Trolls and Orcs as well, although fem Orcs have like one older face luckily.

And yeah, Pandaren fems were done well, but there is a lot of changes that NEED to be done to them!

And don't even get me started on fem Worgen.... /shudder
    you can't change the fem pandaren. the reason they look all the same is because blizz put a lot of expressivity on their faces. read "blizz made it all 3D so they can make a load of expressions, and now all textures you put on the pandaren female's face must fit those 3D shapes otherwise it looks broken".