Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The more I look at the new Garrosh, the more it saddens me. It looks nothing like the old Orc, and actually looks too realistic for WoW.

I hope Garrosh is not a new model, and rather just a revamped skeleton with a boss-quality skin.
    I'd prefer at least some of the races to move away from the cartoon-ey look, not least because WoW now has the potential for much more realistic models.

That said, some of them can keep their light-hearted appearance. One could complain about the contrast, but then if you showed someone an Undead Male and a Pandaren male standing side by side, they'd likely think they were from different games. Contrast isn't always bad; comical Gnomes and serious Orcs can coexist.
    "Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you." - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    I'm wondering how they'll handle Tauren. There seem to be two camps when it comes to illustrating them: one that goes full-on hump-back and one that greatly lessens or completely removes the hump.

This is true even in Blizzard's own art -- some of Samwise's Tauren are completely without a hump, or only have a slight hunch. Some of Blizzard's other official art features the hump to more varying degrees.
    I would think the older ones (Cairne) would have a larger hump while the younger ones (Baine) would be more straightened out.

I would really love taurens, of both genders, to have "no-caveman" option and stand tall and pround. Also removing hump would solve alot of armor problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I would really love taurens, of both genders, to have "no-caveman" option and stand tall and pround. Also removing hump would solve alot of armor problems.
    It's probably physically impossible for a Tauren to stand upright in any manner. Not that some of the old models are realistic in proportions in any way, but a lean Tauren would never look anything but silly and wrong as I imagine it.

I'm an engineering student, therefore I am undead IRL.
    I'm an engineer. I've been rezzed when I finished my studies... as a Draenei. :<

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    It's probably physically impossible for a Tauren to stand upright in any manner. Not that some of the old models are realistic in proportions in any way, but a lean Tauren would never look anything but silly and wrong as I imagine it.
    To be honest i dont see anything wrong with them looking like that:
    http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Tau...ossom-65247660
    or that:
    http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Res...Druid-88416809

Current model seems to have spine of hydralisk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    indeed, currently hips, and rest of the human females are out of proportion.
    Eh?

They are not. Obviously, if you wish to play a teenage human female, I guess they are. Teenage girls usually have quite small hips.

On topic:

Possibly draenei. I can't really imagine how they could turn out. Any other race I can only imagine as an improvement. I think I read somewhere that the dwarf models look awesome according to Blizzard btw. I don't like them saying that, but hey, either way it is quite likely an improvement to what we have now.
    Last edited by Duridi; 2013-06-17 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    To be honest i dont see anything wrong with them looking like that:
    http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Tau...ossom-65247660
    or that:
    http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Res...Druid-88416809

Current model seems to have spine of hydralisk.
    That's more what I'm afraid they'll do, really. Make them more humanish/cute like that...I'd be really saddened by that and bail on the race altogether. I'd rather them looking more animal and like a force to be reckoned with and less anime. :/ But that's me.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    That's more what I'm afraid they'll do, really. Make them more humanish/cute like that...I'd be really saddened by that and bail on the race altogether. I'd rather them looking more animal and like a force to be reckoned with and less anime. :/ But that's me.
    I'd rather they look like something I can fap to, but that's just me.

there's never enough fap material, after all
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-06-18 at 12:12 AM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I have a sneaking suspicion that human males aren't going to turn out the way most people expect or want them to. I think right now a lot of players have such a suspense of disbelief when looking at their low-fidelity human avatars, their imagination paints a picture of what they really want them to look like, without realizing that Blizzard has quite a stylized approach for their depiction of humans. The whole deliberate neck tumor thing being one of them.

I have a feeling gnome players will be disappointed. Theirs is the vanilla model which simply has the least room to work with, being so compact. The changes won't be as glaring or polished as some of the others IMO.

Top 5 guesses in order of likelihood:
    5. Draenei
    4. Tauren
    3. Forsaken
    2. Gnomes
    1. Dwarves. I don't know why but I feel like dwarves will be messed up.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...liyiana/simple
    Professional glass cannon since 2004. I live and die a mage.

One thing I am concerned about is our community's expectations of the new models. A lot of players are expecting a complete overhaul of the models, like fixing the undead hunches all the Horde characters have, or something really drastic. I am calling it now: instead of completely redoing the models, what they will release are models that follow the same exact build as what they are now, but with just more lively animations, and larger polygon count. doing so avoids them having to redo all the individual model/skeletons that the armor sets out there.

with that being said, they can't really "mess up" the old races, since the basics are already there.

Mmm, concerned about the Forsaken. The current model is so ugly but do I want them to completely change it? Hard to even know what I want them to do with it.

Don't know why you'd worry about male dwarf. All they need is more polys, animations and higher res. I love the male dwarf model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    Let me just post my wishlist;

Forsaken
    - Slightly larger shoulder armours
    - Maybe the bones being a toggle.

- Replaced.
    NO NO NO, the undead shoulder size is damn near perfect, i hate all the huge fucking shoulders in this game. leave the damn shoulders alone, they almost always look rediculous when any bigger. bones being a toggle is great since i seem to be the only person that actually likes the bones sticking out of armor.

on another note, i think forsaken should have tattered robes for cloth users. cant be that hard to use a template and have holes appear near the edges of a robe.and ffs, i hope my character can still be missing his jaw.
    Last edited by Vulryth; 2013-06-18 at 01:02 AM.
    weeee!

Quote Originally Posted by Vulryth View Post
    NO NO NO, the undead shoulder size is damn near perfect, i hate all the huge fucking shoulders in this game. leave the damn shoulders alone, they almost always look rediculous when any bigger. bones being a toggle is great since i seem to be the only person that actually likes the bones sticking out of armor.

on another note, i think forsaken should have tattered robes for cloth users. cant be that hard to use a template and have holes appear near the edges of a robe.and ffs, i hope my character can still be missing his jaw.
    being dead is no excuse for dressing up like a pig. I wish my main could dress up as well as possible, with whole robes, no pieces missing on the elbows.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    If they give Night Elves a newer model so it looks like Sylvanas or Alexstraza/Ysera, I'm totally doing a race change. :P
    Those are both blood elf models with added flare...Lol
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Forsaken has alot of potential for improvement, but it could end up looking even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Henock View Post
    the undead. I hope they go for a design that doesn't involve bones popping out of armor. -_-'
    If they made undead better with regards to armor I'd probably race change to one. As it stands I hate the way most armor looks on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindai View Post
    I have a bad feeling about trolls. Vol'jin and Mar'li.. well, they don't look bad, but they're definitely not what I'd want playable trolls to look like. A bit less muscular than that and smoother faces than the current models would be perfect for me.

As for female night elves.. They are perfect the way they are - strong and graceful! If they somehow manage to ruin them, [insert death threat here].

I'd hate to see any of the models change too much, but the quality was obviously not meant for our current graphics settings.
    The voljin and Marli models acutally uses the old trollplayer skeletons. They are just HD 1080p instead of 240p, if you get my point. So they are basicly what you want to have.
    Doesn't matter whatever picture I post here, "Scrapbot" will allways infract me for it.