Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    My main's a female dwarf at the moment and when I resub in a week or so I'll be going male undead...they better not make 'em more kid or girly girl friendly or I'm gonna be pissed. WoW needs a scary (if you're five) race!

I think people will be ready to complain either way, IMO come models are currently so ugly that anything they do will be considered an improvement (I'm looking at you male nightelves!) But some 'parts' of some existing models bug some people but not others. A lot of people want the bone poking out aspect of undead to disappear, but I've seen counter arguements from people who want it to stay (IMO just add it as an option when creating the character) How hunched over orcs and trolls are could be another aspect up for debate, as could dorf beards.

I think generally the improvements will be great, I doubt I'll complain either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    A lot of people want the bone poking out aspect of undead to disappear, but I've seen counter arguements from people who want it to stay (IMO just add it as an option when creating the character)
    It's been my experience that the players who claim they don't mind the way Forsaken bones appear on their characters are usually playing caster classes, so they don't see how ugly their legs look like as 90% bone.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    you know, I'd hate to work for blizzard. they made a very well detailed, beautiful model from scratch, with dozens of cool animations in it's brand new skeleton, high res textures, a cool new type of underwear and a popular dance on youtube videos, and people still complain and call them lazy just because they don't get an option to make their fem panda look like an old hag. this makes me depressed, really.
    they somehow managed to find the time to make a variety of faces for 8 races in vanilla, yet couldnt be bothered for 1 new one.

really, its no excuse beyond pure laziness. kinda like how female belfs & draenei have the same exact faces with different color skin.
    Or how they recolored the entire texture, leaving darker Draenei with ugly corroded rings instead of golden ones.
    Luckily I know how to edit textures and mess around with MPQ files. :<

I think people will be ready to complain either way,
    Just remember the new druid forms... boy what an outrage that caused.

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

Troll males. They've just looked so ridiculous for so long, I can only imagine that the new one will look just as bad, in a prettier way.

Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    It's been my experience that the players who claim they don't mind the way Forsaken bones appear on their characters are usually playing caster classes, so they don't see how ugly their legs look like as 90% bone.
    true, I've only ever played undead casters, but even then the arms and back still bug me =p

Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    I'm worried the most about female Tauren. If the clone-face of female Worgen and Pandaren are anything to go off of, I'm a bit scared they'll end up being Bambi's girlfriend clones rather than individual Tauren women. Going for the cute furry girl factor instead of like proper Minotaurs. Plus same face syndrome.

Not saying I don't like the female Pandaren, they're very well designed, but they all look the same. I'd be sad to see Tauren meet that fate. Please prove me wrong, Blizz!

So yeah, that's my biggest concern.
    You basically summed of my fears. I was really sad when they just left female pandaren faces how they were after giving males a nice variation. I'm worried for tauren in general as I think animating their faces is going to be difficult with their muzzles. I'm also curious if they will do anything with their neck/back alignment to try to make helms fit a little better. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Korrah View Post
    The voljin and Marli models acutally uses the old trollplayer skeletons. They are just HD 1080p instead of 240p, if you get my point. So they are basicly what you want to have.
    I was referring to their specific skins, so I'm not sure what this has to do with it. I guess I worded it wrong.
    Last edited by Zindai; 2013-06-18 at 11:39 AM.

I would die happy knowing that female trolls will blink.

RIP Amalisa 2006 - 2013 - Burning Steppes to Kazzak and everything in between.
    Officially quit WoW, May 2013, now just a troll

I personally fear for female night elves. As they stand now, female night elf animations (both for emotes and idle) are entirely just... Wrong for the proud and stoic race of warriors they are. Coming from WC3 to WoW, it was rather jarring to see these amazons acting like cheerleaders.

I'm not saying that they have to be totally hardline and unwomanly, but at present they have the right look, but some of their movements are just off.

I'm looking at you, cheer animation.
    Ultraxion yells: I am the beginning of buttonclickers...the button which blots out my wipe mechanic...the click which tolls my doom...
    Ultraxion yells: For this moment ALONE was I made. Look upon your button, mortals, and click!

Female trolls will look the worst imo

Gotta say i cant wait to see what the undead is gonna be like

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Female trolls will look the worst imo

Gotta say i cant wait to see what the undead is gonna be like
    Wrong? I'd say Either Gnomes or Tauren

My Hopes for the Models are the following:
    -Orc: Lose their hunch, not all of us are peons, give the females some better faces, overall better head:body ratio than Garrosh, smaller hands too.
    -Tauren: Make their Horns not Clip Through helmets in the worst ways
    -Troll: Tusks/Ears clipping through Armor annoys me, as does their distaste for shoes, females need more than 1 good face, and eyelids.
    -Undead: Please can we have an option for "No Bone"!
    -Blood Elf: The males could use some more facial variation, hopefully they won't butcher the female models because of "lolanorexia" comments
    -Human: Human males need better faces, Human females need to lose their ginormous hips.
    -Dwarf: Female Dwarves need better faces, Male Dwarves need even more beards.
    -Night Elf: Night Elves overall need their animations for both male and female changed. Fix male proportions also.
    -Gnome: I'm honestly not sure what they can do to make me not hate this model.
    -Draenei: Slim down the male's chest, lower the angle of their tail so capes don't look horrid. Also make both male and draenei female tails not just awkwardly wiggle during animations. Draenei females also need to get their own faces, at this point their just blue blood elves

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 12:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzwind View Post
    When I read this I thought: 'What the hell?'
    They ARE too thin! They look emaciated! I don't get how people can find them sexy or attractive at all.
    Well, in regards to people finding them attractive, I can see how you might be weirded out, they are pixels. As for their...width, I think it's fine, Elves in fantasy Genres have always been described as extraordinarily slim, Warcraft simply stays true to that. As for emaciated not really, people can have that body naturally by eating right and doing minimal excercise. I'm more alarmed, honestly, by the people saying that they're too thin, a sad reflection of society's problems nowadays, I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    Seriously. Can this guy please be banned from the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Could we just get this fucking clown a ban or something? Pretty please?

Onde blizz is ready to reveal them, they will be nothing sure of awsome. They will make sure of this and the fact they haven't released anything about it means the're not just ready yet. I know there working on them cause they deserve an upgrade.

I'm very, very afraid for the Forsaken. I hope that they manage to find a nice middle ground between what we have now and an updated model, but in my experience a lot of people don't like the exposed bones (me included). Same thing with the orc's hunch: I'd be happiest if there was an option to enable/disable both of those things.

I really hope that they fix the skeletons of those that need it. I once rolled a female troll, only to log out at lvl 3 and deleting her. It was painful to watch her running animation, and her back is more straight and stiff than a wooden plank.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    - That they don't fix particular issues from old models. Like Human females having giant, over sized weapons that are comically bigger than ones Human males have and couldn't possibly carry.
    I like my Death Knight having a comically oversized Axe. I'm more concerned that my Blood Elf's weapons are comically undersized letter openers.

- That older armour in the game won't look as good on the re-done models.

- That models they don't think they can do much with will only get high rez textures and slightly more polygons rather than a full make over (eg. Forsaken)

- That they'll not support the new models with more variety options. Hair, skin colours/types, faces etc...
    Pretty much agree with these, although I'm actually expecting some more options given the variety we've seen with the Troll council if they're anything to go by.

tauren females for me...hope they don't change their casting animation...however they need to change how their hands look like

i don't expect drastic changes, i am just looking forward to more various features such as FUCKING TROLL BEARDS
    Frostwolf clan is best clan!
    Tauren Shaman - Pandaren Monk - Orc Hunter - Troll Druid

Anything that will let us have more customization, short skirts, different clothes, new weapon and other item models will please me. I love our old character models, but I'd be fine with letting them update everything pre-Cata, and reverting the Worgen back to their Alpha state.

My deviantART