Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    What are they going to do about toxic players? Take their money and laugh at people like you who think they will do otherwise except in the vast minority of cases.
    Blizzard doesn't make a profit if no one is around to give them money. Blizzard knows it is in their best interest to enforce their rules.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesec View Post
    try to play LoL on any Divsion 1 League and come back to tell me if they cleaned up toxic players . -.-
    Again, good luck with your faith. Statistics disagree with you.

I believe the solution for ALL video games is for US the consumers to stop throwing our opinions around like it's fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Wycked View Post
    Blizz isn't gonna do shit. //close thread
    And yet they do. Day in and day out. If Blizzard wasn't suspending accounts and banning players then why are players coming here on a daily basis to bitch that Blizzard is being unreasonable by banning them for bad behavior? You people can claim they do nothing all you want but there is significantly more evidence to the contrary no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    The fact that everyone around you can tolerate you farting doesn't mean it's okay for you to fart.

The fact that you can breathe a fart without (major) physiological harm doesn't mean you have no right to complain when someone farts.

The fact that the air in a room full of farting people is safe to breathe doesn't mean people will pay $15/mo to visit that room.
    You sir, should be my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Basically and continue to design content and features around the idea that toxic players will be there, LFR and the MoP heroics for example are designed with the idea that there will be rotten apples and best to just go along with the flow instead of turning the community against these players. It has gotten so bad that players now defend griefers.
    Because being apathetic about reporting players is oh so much better. You are as much a part of the problem as anyone else.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 02:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    They are paying subscribers to a game that, while it has millions, is in a steady decline of active players. It sucks to point out but they are a business first and foremost. They won't turn away players for being rude when they are paying per month to access the game. This isnt like any ftp game where accounts have a more throwaway nature. every player they ban for being rude is one not subscribing, not buying mounts or pets, not paying transfer because they destroyed their reputation on a server and so on.
    And as such as a business if Blizzard doesn't get rid of toxic players they will see their profit drop even more dramatically than it has already. Blizzard absolutely has to enforce their rules to keep the customers they do have and guess what? They do. Every day. Again the threads here and on the official forums are proof of this. Just because you aren't seeing players punished or having them punished in a certain way doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 02:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    Blizzard cant and wont do anything about toxic players just like mmoc wont
    as long as they bring in money theyll be their....
    What does it matter how much money they bring in if they cause more money to go out? Come on folks this isn't rocket science. You can't sit there and call Blizzard greedy and in the same breath accuse them of doing things that result in losing profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Remove all possible methods of griefing, both loot and mechanic wise. It's already been done for the most part in this expansion.
    They need to make items, including greens, need before greed in low level dungeons.

I did dungeons all day today on my level ~40. In every single dungeon there was someone needing on every item until we kicked them, more often than not they were from Azralon or Tol Barad.

Some warrior even needed on the Underworld Band, afaik the lowest level epic in the game, and sells for a hefty price for twink players.

I'd seriously pay 30 a month to never get matched with players on the BR client ever again. Not even against them in Battlegrounds, just with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Start actually acting on harassment tickets and giving people penalties for treating people like absolute garbage.
    I don't mean telling somebody off - but the obvious crap people have been getting away with lately.
    And the whole multiple 3 hour bans crap needs to go; 3 strike policy you're out with a bit of decay if you haven't had an offense in a few months.

Most of the people I know who quit did so because of the toxic playerbase - not the game itself.
    Blizzard can't punish players if they don't have the information required to decide on an action. More often times than not the reason why Blizzard "ignores" harassment is because the players aren't reporting it correctly or at all and even worse don't even mention it is ongoing harassment which substantially changes how Blizzard handles it. The penalty volcano works but only if players use the tools available to them and ongoing harassment will get players banned significantly faster than just a regular one off case of harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    This is why companies like Blizzard no longer follow the antiquated idea that the "customer is always right". It chases away customers and results in profit loss. Blizzard has no problem sending players packing if they are disrupting the game or the community in any way whatsoever.
    If only that was always the case. Blizzard has gotten far more lenient over the years towards griefing and scamming as well as biased moderation. An event like a guild trade spamming and messaging to disrupt a same faction member from accessing an AH to zone wide blocking of mail boxes on top of that, well apparently does not result in action from Blizzard despite such activities being in violation of the griefing policies along with such activity being posted online with clear cut intent to grief and knowledge of such activity being against policies. Well at least for a big name guild. Then there is the other event where a sponsored player organized an event that resulted in a realm crash and continued to move to other realms with the same result and went from being banned to unbanned after coming in contact with the players sponsor.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-06-17 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    What will Blizzard do about toxic players?

Nothing, they bring 15$ and non toxic player still play the game and live with it
    Nope. What good is a toxic player's $15 if it results in 10 regular players quitting the game and taking their collective $150 a month with them? Blizzard doesn't profit from toxic players if anything it costs them profit and they know it.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 02:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    Once you realize that most players become assholes when there is no accountability then you'll see one of the side affects of LFD and LFR.

You have to face reality that most people are assholes deep down inside.

Before it was possible for players to regulate themselves by REAL realm reputation.
    Being kicked from dungeons is a consequence. Longer queue times is a consequence. If toxic players don't have consequences for their behavior it is a direct result of everyone else being apathetic about the whole thing not because Blizzard isn't doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoboRanger View Post
    If it was up to me..

1) add tribunal system for repeat offenders of vote kick/lfr kick ect.
    2) players found guilty more then one for a particular offense are sent to crz hell. - crz hell is where all the offenders are gathered to be toxic by them selves. redemption out of crz hell is through the tribunal system after so many months of clean behavior or by reccomendations by players outside of the crz hell (this could be abused, but its an outreach program for those who use openraid. ect)
    There is no need for a tribunal system. If players used the existing tools we have available to us players would actually get punished and have consequences for their actions. Also why on earth would you have players involved in handing out punishments when your complaint is the community is toxic? I mean really? You didn't think that through too much did you?

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 02:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    In my opinion, the biggest contributing factor to this "toxic behavior" in the community is the increasing level of anonymity in the game. People were generally nicer to each other in 5-mans when you had to actually form the group yourself and get everyone to the instance. Replacing someone you kicked was enough of a hassle that it was usually easier to just work with them.

You also put more effort into being polite because "toxic players" would get a bad reputation on their server. Now you never see your group members again after the dungeon is finished, so there are no lasting consequences to being a jerk.

I'm not saying the Dungeon Finder and Raid Finder were bad ideas or should be removed (it's way too late for that), but they certainly had some negative effects on the community.
    No I'm sorry but this just isn't true. Before LFD/LFR if you wanted to do group content you put up with the assholes on your realm because you had no choice. LFD/LFR gives us a choice in who we play with rather than being restricted by arbitrary limits realms. Again it is ironic how people claim LFD/LFR makes players too lazy to be social and then claim a few lines of code is what is responsible for bad player behavior. It is a cop out and a huge contributor to why this community is bad. It isn't because of cross realm tech it is because players bend over backwards to avoid taking responsibility for what happens in their community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Everyone in wow is a toxic player ( to a certain degree of course ). Denying that would just be a sign of one's own pathetic state of mediocrity, ignorance and self belief of greatness. These 3 combined are a bitch, don't fall into it.

You already have means at your disposal to deal with such situations, it's called the "ignore" function. Use it, or deal with it. No one will get punished because you feel offended. Stop being a little bitch.

Yes let's just ignore every problem in game and in real life because hey, if doesn't effect ones self, you do realize just ignoring problems keeps them going right? I have tried getting several people into this game but they left quite quickly due to the racism and other vile behavior, so in short.............act like a decent human being not a little bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Everyone in wow is a toxic player
    Speak for yourself lol. Your whole post was toxic!

I think you're just being a kneejerk contrarian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Bullshit, they tell you to use the right click feature and not to open tickets, I have reported the same people over and over and nothing has been done, so again..........they get the money they don't give a shit.
    This is something customer support needs to change because it has confused a lot of players and ends up having to be clarified on a nearly daily basis on the customer support forums. While yes Blizzard prefers players use the right click option for reporting they still do accept manual tickets. When they tell you to use the right click system they are referring to future tickets not the current one you opened and it is in no way a brush off. They absolutely do take action on manual tickets and there are still many situations where manual tickets are the only way to report certain things.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 03:14 AM ----------

You can't have a community if you never play with players on your server, all this cross realm crap made it so you have 0 need to.
    A community is whatever you want it to be. Openraid has a very healthy and thriving community and one which actually does rely on reputation. But you keep on hating on anything that isn't a realm community while the rest of us get with the times and accept players are players regardless of which realms they are on. Your attitude is what is toxic to this game's community and cross realm tech isn't going away. Either get with it or get out.

How to solve this? No more crossrealm. Social control. Player reputation. You know... the things we had before. Those aweful players will still be there but we don't have to wait for Blizzard to take some action which they are not going to take but instead put some system in place that is "fair" which will in the end only protect people who abuse others.

Low populated realms should then be solved properly instead of this crossrealm bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    This doesn't build a server community. Hell, what you described isn't new or introduced with the systems in place; it just facilitates groups of friends in the by-product of convenience. Although I don't see how you can say player reputation never mattered.
    No this is the problem that is hurting the game more than anything else. This xenophobic the "only community is a realm community" bullshit. Has it ever occurred to you that you can build upon your realm's community by using cross realm tech? One doesn't have to replace the other and having them both makes for stronger community ties. I like that I'm able to play with whoever I like whenever I like without being limited by arbitrary things such a realms which were only ever a technical limitation. Realms were never meant to be a community builder nor was it ever meant to prevent any other types of communities. You people might think you are taking a stand against cross realm tech but I'm going to tell you right now the only thing that will happen is you will get run over. It isn't going away so get the fuck over it.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 03:22 AM ----------

So it takes over a month for anything to be done after being reported every single day for a month? Yeah I give up thinking they do anything.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 01:13 AM ----------

Kinda hard considering you can't ignore someone until after the dungeon/LFR don't ya think?
    Are you really complaining that GMs investigate complaints thoroughly? Are you for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    How to solve this? No more crossrealm. Social control. Player reputation. You know... the things we had before.
    I remember that. I remember doing PUG runs and checking my guild's enormous list of "blacklist" people who were known ninjas and/or assholes. Hardly made a difference at all, still got into heaps of ninja runs. "Social control" didn't do shit, the assholes just name changed or swapped alts or whatever.

TLDR: you're talking out your ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    A community is whatever you want it to be. Openraid has a very healthy and thriving community and one which actually does rely on reputation. But you keep on hating on anything that isn't a realm community while the rest of us get with the times and accept players are players regardless of which realms they are on. Your attitude is what is toxic to this game's community and cross realm tech isn't going away. Either get with it or get out.
    Don't you think the game shouldn't be working against having a fun community?
    Openraid is a great initiative but it doesn't change much.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    In what way is a guy RAF/boosting a clueless new player "toxic behavior"? That's the "toxic behavior" I'm defending. Because it's not toxic behavior, it's mildly inconvenient behavior.

I swear, I don't think you even read what I wrote. I went back and re-read it and I am fine with all of it. But that's off-topic and I'm not going to go there. Just shut up and contribute usefully to this thread if you can.
    No I read what you wrote as did many others in that thread. No one defended the people who insulted the OP's friend but what they did attack was the fact the OP powerlvled his friend to 70 and actually straight up told his friend all he has to do is /follow and cast a few fireballs. The fact that you yourself said earlier in this thread that no player has the right to impact another's player enjoyment of the game shows you are taking out of your ass because you defended a guy who was afking his way through a dungeon to the detriment of the rest of his group. You are the epitome of a toxic player because in that thread you did nothing but insult and harass people for daring say that players even new players shouldn't be afking in dungeons. I brought it up in this thread because it is very much on topic because it reveals you for the lying arrogant hypocrite you are and not one single bit better than any of the players you are complaining about and YOU are the problem in this game. So no I won't shut up and I will call you and others out whenever I need to because attitudes like yours are what is destroying this game and this community. If you are going to preach to others about how bad this community is it might be a good idea to take a look at your own behavior first.

Well first off, in regards to this comparison to LoL business.
    The LoL community is still leaps and bounds worse than WoW.
    LoL is f2p so naturally the issue is worse. WoW is a game that many people have dumped hundreds or even thousands of dollars into and even YEARS of their life. A ban in both situations is not equivalent. Honestly if I were to be banned in WoW today, after spending 8 years, 2 blizzcons, 3 collectors editions, multiple server transfers etc, I would probably move on.

In my experience WoWs playerbase isn't that toxic. People are just very thin skinned. The other day I got reported for saying "Alla Akbar Muhammed Jihad". Really? I can't quote a well known movie?

Also in LoL you don't get nearly as much of a choice on who you play with as you do in WoW. Ignore and vote kicking are useful tools. Also just literally ignoring people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I remember that. I remember doing PUG runs and checking my guild's enormous list of "blacklist" people who were known ninjas and/or assholes. Hardly made a difference at all, still got into heaps of ninja runs. "Social control" didn't do shit, the assholes just name changed or swapped alts or whatever.

TLDR: you're talking out your ass.

You shouldn't look at a blacklist but a friendslist.