Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Players were not ehm..."toxic" back in tbc or early wrath(not sure about vanilla). If someone is being jerk, community called out his/her name and he/she was discriminated because of his/her bad behaviour. Now game lets you to be jerk and doesn't punish you. I am not saying remove LFR bla bla, I am just stating a simple fact. If blizz took away community's self control mechanism, then they should implement their own mechanism to control community and make it work. This is their obligation.
    Not in my experience. There were always idiots and rude people in the game.
    WoW is really more guild centric and they never cared if you told the guild leader that member x was rude or ninjaed an item. In fact on my server there were two guilds who were proud to take in every troll and ninja they could find. So they always had people to play with and since you did most of your stuff with your guild back then anyway all in all this community self control thing never worked.
    And even in random groups, if the group met for the first time at the instance and you saw that your healer was from one of the troll guilds your only options were to kick him and to travel back to orgrimmar and then search for another 30 minutes for a new healer (and risk that your other 3 player leave during that time) or just roll with it and take him with you. Most people chose the later option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toxic player timeout debuff based on smart word filters/other method. *evil grin*

Nothing huge, minor stats-reducing penalty that's enough of an annoyance and that nice icon on them like some disobedient kid forced to hold a sign next to a highway telling everyone about their recent behavior.