Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

time lost proto drake

Want some latest info on this mount since mostly i can find is years old on it and with crz it will be much harder than it use to be but i want to try.

The one thing i cant find confirmation for, is it really a 1 month respawn timer?

10+ Year Old Account
    He shares a spawn timer with Vyragosa. He can spawn in 4 completely random spots, and it's completely random.
    Personally, I've heard anywhere from 6 hours to 3 days.

Here's a GM talking about it.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/969...pdresponse.jpg
    Currently Procrastinating

The spawn time is somewhere around 6-16 hours, speculated. Depending on other rares and such.
    (It took one single google search)

Deleted
    TLPD basicly "replaces" vyragosa as a spawn so think shortest spawn timer confirmed for 2x TLPD was in the area of 30 minutes. All of the old information still holds true tho it's just a lot harder now with CRZ. But on average you can count a vyragosa / tlpd spawn every 1h-1h 30m.

Only other thing I can think of that changed since WotLK must be that there's not a cap on the number of rares able to spawn in northerend anymore (iirc was one back then)

Is addons like NPC scan reliable when hunting rares? Or macro spamming better?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Is addons like NPC scan reliable when hunting rares? Or macro spamming better?
    Npc scan works perfect Just remember that if you found one that are dead you need to clear your cache too be able to get the alarm on the same rare

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure whether this is still relevant, but I got the TLPD like a year or two ago, and he spawned at the exact same time 3 weeks in a row on the same day, which to me indicates its fixed at some point.

I believe the time was a thursday at 3pm server time, but as I said, that could be coincidence.

If i find the corpse of vyndragosa does that mean the next spawn will be atleast 6 hours?

If i find the corpse of vyndragosa does that mean the next spawn will be atleast 6 hours?
    Yes, but it may be far longer than 6 hours, so you can either go at random times, or just sit there all day and wait for the thing to yell at you. They both have the same spawn timer, spawn point, and path.

No! When I got mine like 2 years ago it spawned less then 2 hours I killed Vyragosa.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave up on this thing. Every time I found it I arrived 1-2 seconds too late and someone of the same faction was always killing it, so I could never gank them or anything.

Deleted
    I used to farm the Ulduar spawn point of him during cata before Crz.
    I had lots and then i mean lots of Vyragosa's spawn infront of my face, but never an TLPD.

Quote Originally Posted by Drfireburns View Post
    I gave up on this thing. Every time I found it I arrived 1-2 seconds too late and someone of the same faction was always killing it, so I could never gank them or anything.
    Yeah, anyone thats in the area would have their npc scan go off and be scrambling to grab it.

Its been 3 days of camping for me now. Hope i can get some luck with it after server goes down and come back...

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    Not sure whether this is still relevant, but I got the TLPD like a year or two ago, and he spawned at the exact same time 3 weeks in a row on the same day, which to me indicates its fixed at some point.

I believe the time was a thursday at 3pm server time, but as I said, that could be coincidence.
    It is a coincidence. Please do not post stuff like that here.

Ponderance's guide to Aeonaxx/TLPD/Camel Figurines are all good. Do not bother with ANY other videos/guides.

http://tlpdresource.com/newfacts.html

I dont understand why people just wanna come and sit in your area i mean there are plenty of others and they just park beside you. Its like there is no other place in the whole map...

I got this mount some weeks ago after camping it for 7 hours, camping the frozen river/waterfall or whatever you want to call it is a very good spot to camp. The only spawn-point that you won't be able to see is the spawn-point at Ulduar, but yeah, you'll have a bigger chance at finding this beauty when you'd be able to be close to 3 spots at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranklune View Post
    I got this mount some weeks ago after camping it for 7 hours, camping the frozen river/waterfall or whatever you want to call it is a very good spot to camp. The only spawn-point that you won't be able to see is the spawn-point at Ulduar, but yeah, you'll have a bigger chance at finding this beauty when you'd be able to be close to 3 spots at once.
    Grats. I'm still at it and i don't intend to give up until i get it =]

Deleted
    Don't camp it in the middle of the Frozen Lake, it's a complete waste of time. Although it used to be a good spot to camp because of the crossover between the flight paths, with the cross realm zones there are too many people camping the actual spawn points, so TLPD / Vyra pretty much die instantly as soon as they have spawned.

There are four spawn points which are quite easy to find online. Sit at the one with the least amount of people there and wait. Don't bother patrolling or you'll miss the spawn. My favourite spot was the spawn point on the side of the snowy cliff just next to the Frozen Lake.

Make friends with other campers. It's good to know if someone has just had a kill of either Vyra or TLPD. You can also arrange to camp at different spawn points to each other. All of them seem to have the same chance of a spawn.

It's now believed that a patch that was released in Cataclysm allowed for a maximum number of rares to be up in Northrend at one time. Can't remember the exact number - we'll say 6. If those rares are up and not killed, there won't be a chance of a spawn until one of them has been killed. When a Northrend rare is killed, another rare has a chance to spawn. Therefore it is possible to 'encourage' a spawn by getting a group of people to fly around Northrend, killing any other rares they come across. However, there's no telling whether it will be TLPD or Vyragosa.

Since that patch, the minimum amount of time between spawns appears to be 30 minutes. (Back in WOTLK, it used to be around 6 hours!) Of course, this still depends on the other rares in Northrend that have spawned and whether they have been killed or not.

Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    i made some people hs the other day on my shammy, was questing and got bored, so i linked the reins from wowhead into the general chat there screaming how i got the TLPD, at first people were skeptical, so i showed them the TLPD i got years ago telling them i just got it now, like 3 people Hearthstone / logged out because they didn't think it would be spawned again now for a while :P

i do this everytime in im storm peaks :\

ive actually seen the drake twice now, first time i killed it while questing on my rogue, second time i saw it mining on my mage but let someone else have it.
    dragonmaw - EU