Thread: WoW SIM DPS

WoW SIM DPS

So i just had a check on the new sim dps page.

I noticed it was all monks and mages till spot 126 till a lock showed up..

Somethings wrong here?

no? if a mages and monks have the best spec atm there will always be some specs that outperform others - and the fact that its only 126 or 63 per class thats over the next class is insanely good balances since there is what a million toons on wowprogess?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    SimulationCraft is 100% accurate all the time.

Deleted
    Arcane Mage DPS on a tank & spank encounter does not translate well to real life.

I am surprised though at how high Monks sim. At least the Arcane Mage can replicate that DPS if there would be a Patchwerk encounter, I never noticed Monks being able to dish out that much output on a stationary tunnel vision fight.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 10:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    and the fact that its only 126 or 63 per class thats over the next class is insanely good balances since there is what a million toons on wowprogess?
    You forgot that after the first non-Mage/Monk shows up, there's still significantly more Monks and Mages that follow than any other class combined, until you run out of high ilvl Monks/Mages relative to high ilvl Rogues/Warlocks/Shamans/etcetc.

It's also nowhere near indicative of proper balance, as there are no true patchwerk style encounters in ToT.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-06-18 at 08:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aah man seriously why do they release such crap?
    The masses don't have the proper knowledge to understand the limitations af simulations anyway. They'll take the numbers at face value and will start to argue for buff/nerfs with them. >.<

Even for shadow priests Simcraft has an accuracy of ~10%.

Deleted
    Simcraft is accurate enough to give a fair idea of the DPS a character is capable of. To prove it I'd have to break the game's rules though.

Deleted
    There is no mistake, Simulationcraft is the pinnacle of World of Warcraft, you must comply by all means. Do not hesitate to insult your arcane mage or WW monk for not doing 250k dps at all times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simcraft is accurate enough to give a fair idea of the DPS a character is capable of. To prove it I'd have to break the game's rules though.
    Except that Patchwerk encounters don't exist in reality and neither do individual sample sizes in the range of 10K+.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Except that Patchwerk encounters don't exist in reality and neither do individual sample sizes in the range of 10K+.
    Have you checked out simcraft lately? it doesn't only sim patchwork style fights.