Thread: Scenarios

Deleted

Scenarios

Anyone else think that Normal Scenarios should be available before hitting Lvl 90? Especially since we now have Heroic Scenarios, i think they should be allowed to run before hitting max level. Instead of a bag containing a blue/epic item, you could get a nice exp boost. (Alot of Exp for the first one, and then half for the other ones)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you could wave the proverbial wand and make it happen it would be a nice thing to have them at, say, 88 but there's too much work for no compelling reason at this point in the expansion. You'd need to alter boss levels perhaps rebalance things a bit, alter loot tables depending on the level of the group, account for what happens to loot if there's 1 or more 90s in the group (or build a system to exclude 90s when anyone under 90 queues...and then what do you do with premade groups of friends one of whom is 90?) etc. Given all the other ways you have to get to 90.. meh.

This would be a cool idea. I like it.

Well since you can solo any of them just fine, yeah you should be able to do it while leveling, it'd be a good alterantive to the couple dungeons you can do.

Definitely a good idea.

The only thing I don't like here is this "Additional XP boost".
    Players are not idiots. They always choose the fastest way of leveling. If running scenarios will be the fastest way to earn XP, they will stop doing anything but scenarios.

So yeah, scenarios should be available from 85 and onwards, unlocking several scenarios every level. Players should be motivated to complete them once, slow and thorough, completing all the subquests, learning new interesting things about lore.

But scenarios should not be used for leveling like lowlevel dungeons and they should not give you enough xp to skip questing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Definitely a good idea.

The only thing I don't like here is this "Additional XP boost".
    Players are not idiots. They always choose the fastest way of leveling. If running scenarios will be the fastest way to earn XP, they will stop doing anything but scenarios.

So yeah, scenarios should be available from 85 and onwards, unlocking several scenarios every level. Players should be motivated to complete them once, slow and thorough, completing all the subquests, learning new interesting things about lore.

But scenarios should not be used for leveling like lowlevel dungeons and they should not give you enough xp to skip questing.
    Yeah, exactly my thoughts on this. But why not even have scenarios way more early? Additional content for lazy dudes like me who don't like questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because, AGAIN, a level 85 will get crushed in them as it is. Things like hit and expertise calculations all assume you're 90 so the trash is either your level or 1 level up, the bosses are, IIRC, 2 levels up, etc. But while a level 92 boss is fine for a 90 to deal with a level 8x player will see an increasingly high miss chance. An 85 would probably miss a TON. And 3 85s in questing gear would get slaughtered as is. So they'd need rework and testing. For... what? We're on the 3rd content patch of the xpac. Why do anything to the leveling process at this point?

Now, in 6.0 I think it would rock if we could also level with some scenarios that were designed to scale from 90 to 95.