Thread: Ionization ...

Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Ionization ...

    Is the 2nd hardest and unforgiving boss mechanic in this game; first being the extra action button on Ultraxion. These are facts.

  2. #2
    if you say so.

  3. #3
    Legendary! Quetzl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mass, US
    Posts
    6,727
    was expecting a thread about pulling electrons off atoms

    was disappoint

  4. #4
    I iceblock it
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

  5. #5
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,266
    Gem for full stamina
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    was expecting a thread about pulling electrons off atoms

    was disappoint
    i was expecting the same

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I iceblock it
    Inevitably on progression on this boss someone Iceblocks a quarter second too late because they're too retarded to add /stopcasting to their immunity macro.

  8. #8
    Deterrence is a god send on this fight. Being able to ignore an entire mechanic in a fight gives me less of a chance of looking like a total huntard. I think that's a good deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Zhaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    518
    The way we do it, healers dispel themselves first, then they dispell whoever calls out for it.

    Only dispel people who do not have the debuff rather than they're just outside the pool because sometimes the graphic isn't correct

  10. #10
    High Overlord monkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    116
    doing nothing is hard, yo.

    ..we ignore it and run out 3 seconds before it ends so it expires by itself
    Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Just wait for Tirion Fordring to come back from ICC singing "I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one".
    Armoury
    Guild
    Youtube Channel

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhaine View Post
    The way we do it, healers dispel themselves first, then they dispell whoever calls out for it.

    Only dispel people who do not have the debuff rather than they're just outside the pool because sometimes the graphic isn't correct
    Yeah that will happen if your graphics quality is toned down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

  12. #12
    As we're moving into farm mode, I think Ionization is the mechanic most likely to cause us to wipe. It's one of this few mechanics where someone derping can just wreck the entire raid.

  13. #13
    I am Murloc! Volitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victory Road.
    Posts
    5,160
    You have 30 seconds to watch the debuff tick down and make sure you are not in the puddle when it goes off. Stop being a nooblette.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Exac View Post
    Inevitably on progression on this boss someone Iceblocks a quarter second too late because they're too retarded to add /stopcasting to their immunity macro.
    It's not so much /stopcasting as IB is on the GCD.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans Kurgath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    2,802
    I just Anti-magic shell it!

    But before it hits, so DKs should never ever get the debuff.

  16. #16
    the ultraxion button was hard? I use to play chicken with it the closest I could get to 0 without it going wrong was 0.2

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by monkfish View Post
    doing nothing is hard, yo.

    ..we ignore it and run out 3 seconds before it ends so it expires by itself
    All at once? Wouldn't that be like major heals inc and possibly wipe anyway if not topped up..
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

  18. #18
    You use a cooldown, obviously. Devotion Aura followed up with a Tranquility or Healing Tide Totem. It's really not a big deal unless your raid can't dodge the following lightning orbs.

  19. #19
    High Overlord monkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    All at once? Wouldn't that be like major heals inc and possibly wipe anyway if not topped up..
    well, its probably like 1/2 of the raid or so (25man).. a bunch of people immune before it comes and the healers do dispell themselves early.. never had issues with any1 dying due to not being healed before the lightning storm starts though
    Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Just wait for Tirion Fordring to come back from ICC singing "I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one".
    Armoury
    Guild
    Youtube Channel

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer Grym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in UK where there is chicken
    Posts
    3,058
    As a dps Shaman I run out, call for inc heal and Dispell myself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •