10+ Year Old Account

z87 which mobo + cooling question(S)

Evening and Happy Fathers day.

I have few questions concerning Haswell and its mobos range as well as few cooling questions.

1) What would be the ideal MOBO for Overclocking? I guess these days any decent bored will do. I am currently looking at
    Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Socket 1150 ATX Motherboard but not sure whether that or some other boards around that price range (id rather stick below £200).

[SIZE=1][I]2) What would be some good kits/parts to get for a dual loop? I am planning to go with 2 reservoirs and as many rads I can fit, which is most likely 2-3 without going outside of the case (Cosmos 2). If you have any suggestions, guides for a good WC setup for the Cosmos 2 id be glad to read through it (probably just quick scan heh).

Budget for cooling is under £200 ($300 to $400).[/I][/SIZE]
    Last edited by Mister K; 2013-06-17 at 09:46 PM.

Deleted
    Asus Z87-A si quite a bit cheaper, supports SLI and is an excellent overclocker. Review here

My experiences with the Z87-A were nothing short of excellent. The out of the box experience was flawless. I had no stability issues or other odd problems.
    The Bottom Line

The ASUS Z87-A motherboard showed to be an incredibly stable piece of overclocking equipment and carried with it an "upgraded experience" when coming from working with the latest Z77 chipset equipped motherboards. If the Z87-A represent the "low end," we think that ASUS has likely nailed down a very solid footprint in the Z87 market.
    A step up would be something like the Asus Maximus VI Hero RoG motherboards have always been really good overclockers. Review here

The custom water cooling I don't know that much about to be able to recommend you something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Notarget, Iv heard few people having issues or saying to stay away from the Hero, I am not sure why. Out of the two, which one would you suggest to get? The Hero or z87A?

Deleted
    I would just get the Z87-A, unless you have some specific feature on the other one you're after or absolutely must have/dig the theme/layout etc. Then again if you have the money and getting a custom loop, and I hope an otherwise nice system, then maybe the RoG would be a nice addition to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty much on verge of buying it but really need to dig the red or orange color scheme (as much as I love gold).

Out of these 3, which one would possibly push better over-clock? I guess in this price range any of these would be suitable. There are no specific features, will be running 2400Mhz, 4770k and 780 (460 until next paycheck comes in heh).

Maximus VI Hero
    Gigabyte z87X OC
    Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H

PS: For PSU (futureproofing, I am looking to carry over the PSU into the next build and SLI 780s) I have chosen this:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/265709-ocz-zx-...-ocz-zx850w-un

Deleted
    You can save ~£37 and get this:

XFX 850W Black Edition

Nothing wrong with Gigabyte they're just not my first pick ever. I would get the Asus board, they will all overclock just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alrighty cheers, il go with the VI Hero then

Deleted
    Everyone has there preferences when it comes to manufacturers but i have more faith in Gigabyte boards simply because of bad experiences with Asus in the UK (Had a run in with them a few times over bad boards and there customer service is shocking here) but that does not mean they are bad. If you get either one it wont go far wrong and will perform about the same, Heck if it comes down to it pick the prettiest color :P

Deleted
    Perhaps you need a new topic dedicated to your water cooling questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my, just seen this after bit of looking through the internets and damn the Formula VI is looking good (not loving the armour as much on the front side since its covering the good looking mobo but can live with it).

Now I wonder what the price will be for the Formula VI, whether same or very close to V or way more :/

PS: True, I think il edit the OP and leave it up until I am actually ordering the WC parts ^^
    Last edited by Mister K; 2013-06-17 at 10:53 PM.