Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionAntares View Post
    Is this for a 2 heal setup?
    It's 25 man, but there's nothing different in 10 man that would change the purpose behind each celestial usage. Using Cranes in Night is a waste, you always DPS Suen down first or you stop getting comets and Blazing Radiance quickly kills the raid. Using Tiger at night is also a waste, it only enables dodging one cosmic barrage which doesn't do any less damage than the other 8 times it'll be cast during the fight. Not using a sign at all during the night/day phases is a waste of healing. Therefore, use Cranes and Tiger during the day, use Ox and Yu'lon at some point during the night (unless you really need it for the 2nd or 3rd Inferno, which you shouldn't), and the Dusk progression is a simple method of using the survival ones until Tidal Force stops happening. If you do it right, you shouldn't waste more than 10 seconds of someone's time, so skipping signs entirely is generally a bad idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adurp View Post
    @Totaltotemic

    I really don't understand why you would waste time with Xuen in the Day phase. You don't really need it, and I've never used it in that phase. If you don't get the first comet, we just have everyone stack up in the center of the room and use some AoE CD's (Barrier, I AG since I can hit the boss). We always have Yu'lon on the first Inferno anyways, just in case that happens. Use Ox on the second inferno, then random CD's we have left for the 3rd one. I see no reason to even spend time using Ox/Yu'lon during the night phase, because there is no reason people should be dying at all as long as everyone is spread out.

    There's no real time wasted, it takes 10-15 seconds to draw Xuen, and that's worth the 5 million healing you save on the first Inferno (closer to 20 million on 25 man). Using Ox instead of Tiger is just silly, as Ox doesn't actually reduce any damage taken (and therefore mana spent), but Tiger does.
    Last edited by Totaltotemic; 2013-06-17 at 07:24 PM.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Using Tiger at night is also a waste, it only enables dodging one cosmic barrage which doesn't do any less damage than the other 8 times it'll be cast during the fight.
    Just saying, the purpose of using Tiger at night is not to enable dodging Cosmic Barrage or to reduce amount of damage, but to force Suen to recast her AoE, buying the raid some extra few seconds to DPS her. This helps a bit during early kills as having enough DPS to kill Suen before 2nd Tidal Force was an issue. It's just not necessary now because of all the extra gears and gear upgrades.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    It's 25 man, but there's nothing different in 10 man that would change the purpose behind each celestial usage. Using Cranes in Night is a waste, you always DPS Suen down first or you stop getting comets and Blazing Radiance quickly kills the raid. Using Tiger at night is also a waste, it only enables dodging one cosmic barrage which doesn't do any less damage than the other 8 times it'll be cast during the fight. Not using a sign at all during the night/day phases is a waste of healing. Therefore, use Cranes and Tiger during the day, use Ox and Yu'lon at some point during the night (unless you really need it for the 2nd or 3rd Inferno, which you shouldn't), and the Dusk progression is a simple method of using the survival ones until Tidal Force stops happening. If you do it right, you shouldn't waste more than 10 seconds of someone's time, so skipping signs entirely is generally a bad idea.
    I'm not sure as to why people would use Crane on night. As for using Tiger at night I've read you can line it up with the Tears of the Sun to give you a large chunk of DPS time on Suen during the night phase.

  4. #24
    Pandaren Monk Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Straya Karnt
    Posts
    1,911
    Reason for using Crane in night is because:
    - you hit both lu'lin and suen (1st tears of the night) with many cranes

    Also, we don't really struggle that much with Suen herself, so we consider any DPS towards either boss as simply DPS towards not hitting the enrage.

  5. #25
    we use tiger beg. of p2. sometimes we only get 1 comet anyways, if its a problem we just use raid cd's. we also time the tiger so it affects the first inferno and it only ticks like 3 times, making it so you dont even really need cds

  6. #26
    The only times i have seen no second comet for the first inferno is when tiger was involved, i think it messes with timers for boss. But then again if you have the tiger up for it, you can even stack on the boss, use 1 cd, you really dont need more and dps it. Tbh there is no bug here, timers are timers, tiger messes wih them since he slows bosses, but inferno comes up nevetheless since it is not on cooldown, because it has not been used.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    It's 25 man, but there's nothing different in 10 man that would change the purpose behind each celestial usage. Using Cranes in Night is a waste, you always DPS Suen down first or you stop getting comets and Blazing Radiance quickly kills the raid. Using Tiger at night is also a waste, it only enables dodging one cosmic barrage which doesn't do any less damage than the other 8 times it'll be cast during the fight. Not using a sign at all during the night/day phases is a waste of healing. Therefore, use Cranes and Tiger during the day, use Ox and Yu'lon at some point during the night (unless you really need it for the 2nd or 3rd Inferno, which you shouldn't), and the Dusk progression is a simple method of using the survival ones until Tidal Force stops happening. If you do it right, you shouldn't waste more than 10 seconds of someone's time, so skipping signs entirely is generally a bad idea.
    if you use cranes at the pull(so that it comes up right as the 2nd boss is up) you can basically setup the cranes hitting both bosses. the difference in damage done to the 2 bosses combined was almost 1.5x more doing it this way than in p2. maybe that isn't a issue now but back when we did it the enrage timer was basically the only way to wipe if someone didn't fuck up. aka our first 4 kills being like 10:03 10:15 10:20 and 9:58.

    tiger using is night is such a low dps increase that day always to basically negate one of her inferno's. and using tiger during night can lead to timers getting fucked and causing the dreaded 1 comet.
    Last edited by momirmaster; 2013-06-18 at 06:18 AM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Just saying, the purpose of using Tiger at night is not to enable dodging Cosmic Barrage or to reduce amount of damage, but to force Suen to recast her AoE, buying the raid some extra few seconds to DPS her. This helps a bit during early kills as having enough DPS to kill Suen before 2nd Tidal Force was an issue. It's just not necessary now because of all the extra gears and gear upgrades.
    While doing attempts at the boss, we came to the conclusion that doing this is what actually caused the missing meteor at P2, we tested several times and confirmed it.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebuh View Post
    While doing attempts at the boss, we came to the conclusion that doing this is what actually caused the missing meteor at P2, we tested several times and confirmed it.
    This is not true, there were many times where tiger was popped and we had two or we didn't pop tiger and had one. The easiest solution that we found we just tiger the actual explosion, completely trivializing it.

  10. #30
    Not using the "slowing celestial" until the first AOE fixed it for us. Never happened once since we stopped triggering the celestial for 20 seconds of dpsing Suen in P1 instead of 10 seconds. Seems to mess up the timer and the RNG is not worth it :P

  11. #31
    Herald of the Titans zephid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    So, we've encountered a bug today during our progression on twin consorts hc - sometimes meteor just won't spawn on time and we find ourselves with no meteor during molten inferno. This happens on about 50% of attempts which highly disturbs our learning curve when we are just praying to rng gods to enable us to go further. Do you have any tactic to somehow get past it?
    I'm not sure that's a bug since it has always been like that.

    We just stack up and use cooldowns when it happens. It's usually not a problem.

  12. #32
    How many leave the lurkers up until day phase?

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    I'm not sure that's a bug since it has always been like that.

    We just stack up and use cooldowns when it happens. It's usually not a problem.
    Oh, right, well I thought the main point of p2 is hiding behind every other meteor to mitigate the damage from inferno. We'll try it the other way then

    Thanks for answers, everyone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •