Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Rets. lol jk
    loljk your loljk 8 sec fear on 15 sec CD, 2.5 min bubble while doing 140k hammer of wraths and templar verdicts. Balanced yo.

    My vote will be in order:
    Ret paladin > Hunter > WW monk > Shaman

    I was testing all damage out on a dk in blood presence; As ret I was doing 110k-140k hits on the guy, as monk I was doing 160k rising sun kicks (110k on an rshaman without CDs popped) and 30k arcane shots. As ele shaman I basically gibbed him in a couple of seconds aswell.

  2. #22
    Not everyone rerolls to the FOTM. Unfortunately no one will believe that from me next season as I play a resto druid lol.

  3. #23
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,383
    Warlock! not

  4. #24
    Field Marshal dasmiez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Innsbruck, Austria
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I have no idea why Blizzard allows garbage gimmick specs like Ret and Enhance to be viable and better than pure melee in pvp. It's a joke.
    qq. Want a cookie?

    Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-06-17 at 10:21 PM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Everything is still the same the only difference is that Warlocks are a lot weaker as well as Shadow. Melee hybrids will only be worse. I have no idea why Blizzard allows garbage gimmick specs like Ret and Enhance to be viable and better than pure melee in pvp. It's a joke.
    Your logic is sound man! So...because a ret can respec into something else than dps, he should not be as viable as a....i guess rogue? Since that is the only pure melee dps?

    Dafuq?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    So warlocks will probably replace hunters in terms of FOTM reroll's.
    But why would people reroll warlock with those terrible tier 90 talents changes and nerf to dmg mitigation? They are not in a great place right now, imagine after the changes...
    Last edited by Dumaw; 2013-06-17 at 01:23 PM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Ret paladin > Hunter > WW monk > Shaman
    As a ww monk I have absolutely no issues vs. rets. I have so many ways to lock them down during wings, that they shouldn't even bother using the cd, and without wings I outheal their damage with chi wave and healing elixirs.
    Last edited by Khorine; 2013-06-17 at 01:46 PM.

  8. #28
    Banned Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Your logic is sound man! So...because a ret can respec into something else than dps, he should not be as viable as a....i guess rogue? Since that is the only pure melee dps?

    Dafuq?
    Rets should never be on par or above Rogues, DK's and Warriors. I know in pve land Warriors and DK's are considered hybrids but in pvp they're pures due to the fact that tank specs aren't viable and those classes usually only have one viable spec in pvp. Also, a hybrid in pvp is something that can off heal team mates or have abilities that they can abuse and mirror something a healer would have.

    The problem arises when you have pure melee classes like Warriors or Rogues who are complete garbage this season that the people who play those classes don't have the option to fall back on another spec like Paladins and Shamans can. It's a joke that rets and enhance shamans can put out more pressure over Warriors and Rogues and have the ability to off heal and keep all of the other toys hybrids get. And it only makes it worse that they're buffing rets more, putting the avenger on a 3 minute cool down that basically rivals Avatar.

    Put Rets back to the position that they were in 5.1/5.2 where they were basically random BG heroes but were shit in arena because they had no pressure. The 15% Sword of Light buff was probably the dumbest thing added in 5.3 as well as the Enhance buffs. Blizzard seriously couldn't find another way to buff those specs in pve without hurting pvp? Besides, they needs to leave the mongo damage to tunnel classes like Warriors and DK's because that's basically the only thing those classes can do.

  9. #29
    Brewmaster durrtygoodz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The big UK
    Posts
    1,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Well, hunters seem to have been taken out of the loop if 5.4 as it is now goes through. Can't PVP without silencing shot and MM is too hard for average hunters. So warlocks will probably replace hunters in terms of FOTM reroll's. But I believe warriors will make a rise again and become very popular with the added survival and utility buffs to ER and shattering throw/vigilance.
    I'm curious as to why so many players (Hunters in particular) think that MM is harder to play than BM, and that by playing as MM they are some sort of superior player. The two specs are exactly the same apart from the fact that BM has a CC breaker. Every other spell is the same, just with a different name. You're not fooling anyone that you're a better player for playing a slightly less powerful spec.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    Nothing. Very very few people actually reroll to fotm classes, let alone 'everyone else'.
    people who PvP already have most classes at 90. There is no need to reroll. Most people keep a lot of classes at 90 just in case their main is shit for a season. I cant remember the last time Reckful even played his rogue.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post

    Put Rets back to the position that they were in 5.1/5.2 where they were basically random BG heroes but were shit in arena because they had no pressure. The 15% Sword of Light buff was probably the dumbest thing added in 5.3 as well as the Enhance buffs. Blizzard seriously couldn't find another way to buff those specs in pve without hurting pvp? Besides, they needs to leave the mongo damage to tunnel classes like Warriors and DK's because that's basically the only thing those classes can do.
    not sure if serious

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Rets should never be on par or above Rogues, DK's and Warriors. I know in pve land Warriors and DK's are considered hybrids but in pvp they're pures due to the fact that tank specs aren't viable and those classes usually only have one viable spec in pvp. Also, a hybrid in pvp is something that can off heal team mates or have abilities that they can abuse and mirror something a healer would have.

    The problem arises when you have pure melee classes like Warriors or Rogues who are complete garbage this season that the people who play those classes don't have the option to fall back on another spec like Paladins and Shamans can. It's a joke that rets and enhance shamans can put out more pressure over Warriors and Rogues and have the ability to off heal and keep all of the other toys hybrids get. And it only makes it worse that they're buffing rets more, putting the avenger on a 3 minute cool down that basically rivals Avatar.

    Put Rets back to the position that they were in 5.1/5.2 where they were basically random BG heroes but were shit in arena because they had no pressure. The 15% Sword of Light buff was probably the dumbest thing added in 5.3 as well as the Enhance buffs. Blizzard seriously couldn't find another way to buff those specs in pve without hurting pvp? Besides, they needs to leave the mongo damage to tunnel classes like Warriors and DK's because that's basically the only thing those classes can do.
    Lol this is such horse shit, just because these classes can switch to heals means that theyre dps specs should blow? What it we dont want to play pure healer? Ive played ret for my entire time playing this game and have never switched to holy cause i dont want to be a pure healer.U talk about pure dps specs like dks have 1 viable spec, but arent unholy and frost both at least somewhat viable? Or locks who have all 3 specs viable, thats technically a pure dps. Then u talk about the pressure rets have and theyre buffing guardian, but theyre only buffing the cd and theyre nerfing the stacks, which u neglect to mention.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Rets should never be on par or above Rogues, DK's and Warriors. I know in pve land Warriors and DK's are considered hybrids but in pvp they're pures due to the fact that tank specs aren't viable and those classes usually only have one viable spec in pvp. Also, a hybrid in pvp is something that can off heal team mates or have abilities that they can abuse and mirror something a healer would have.

    The problem arises when you have pure melee classes like Warriors or Rogues who are complete garbage this season that the people who play those classes don't have the option to fall back on another spec like Paladins and Shamans can. It's a joke that rets and enhance shamans can put out more pressure over Warriors and Rogues and have the ability to off heal and keep all of the other toys hybrids get. And it only makes it worse that they're buffing rets more, putting the avenger on a 3 minute cool down that basically rivals Avatar.

    Put Rets back to the position that they were in 5.1/5.2 where they were basically random BG heroes but were shit in arena because they had no pressure. The 15% Sword of Light buff was probably the dumbest thing added in 5.3 as well as the Enhance buffs. Blizzard seriously couldn't find another way to buff those specs in pve without hurting pvp? Besides, they needs to leave the mongo damage to tunnel classes like Warriors and DK's because that's basically the only thing those classes can do.
    For some reason, that post made me think of this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

    Back to the discussion, I think it's too soon to say. There are a lot more changes coming that can't be taken into account yet. Despite all the people saying warlock, the KJC nerf is going to hurt, so warlock's ranking will depend on what other changes they do to soften the blow from that.

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer Bigbazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    3,053
    Probably mages, ridiculously over the top as usual since the end of wrath of the lich king.
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  15. #35
    High Overlord Jazz015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Blood Gulch
    Posts
    138
    Warrior rawwwwwwwwwwrrrr!
    Last one out gets the lights.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz015 View Post
    Warrior rawwwwwwwwwwrrrr!
    Warlol.

  17. #37
    Hunter, feral, priest

  18. #38
    Holy Priest, Prot Pally, Bear Druid

    ...cause someone has to be different and say something other than Mage and Hunter

  19. #39
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Holy Priest, Prot Pally, Bear Druid

    ...cause someone has to be different and say something other than Mage and Hunter
    This one genuinely made me lol at my desk at home. Cheers

  20. #40
    Herald of the Titans Grimord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Holy Priest, Prot Pally, Bear Druid

    ...cause someone has to be different and say something other than Mage and Hunter
    At first they laughed at us... But then they got Avenger Shield to the face!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •