Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kallekaka View Post
    Atm it looks like theyre doing nothing when the same bots have been farming for months and months
    Bots have been farming for years.. blizzard is doing a lot more than people give them credit for. Like numerous people have said in this thread the only way to catch a bot is by the GM's actually observing them. There are millions of subscriptions in WoW and the ratio of GM:Player is staggering in favor of players. They can only do so much.

The best we can all do is report a bot when and if we see one.
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, did you seriously hashtag your post? Welcome to, like, 2007.

On topic, I agree that players who use bots should face stronger punishment, but I'm also sympathetic to Blizzard's argument, that doing so can potentially reveal their hand and tip bot developers off to a method of detection that they will then try to work around that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Deleted
    I have been botting battlegrounds, professions and leveling since the start of MoP.
    Never EVER have i had even a warning.

If you cant beat them, join them...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Yes, but nonetheless, how many people do you think that get reported for botting but ain't botting? Everyone that gets reported has to get checked manually and with a game as big as WoW, that takes a ton of time. I'm fairly sure that there are enough people that will report that random tauren druid for botting if they lose 2 herbs in a row to him.

Also what I think what might be a problem is that reports are often incomplete. A report that looks like the following: "arthasdk was botting in this wsg game I played today" is not going to be helpful when there is someone with that name on every server and you've been doing battlegrounds for the last 10 hours.
    Most of the bots are easy to spot, hence the "playstyle". Bots are usually based on some sort of software AI that uses waypoints to move the character. If Blizzard had some sort of brainy nerd to develop an algorithm to see the difference between pattern-like behaviour and human behaviour, it could help to narrow down reported players with some sort of automation.

I would not admit defeat against bots. There must be a way.

The bots will not be stopped until they have killed John Conner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im gonna go ahead and save everyone some time::

Thread:: AMG bots exist. Someone please stop them
    Blizzard in 2007: working on it
    Blizzard in 2009: Almost there
    Blizzard in 2011: a tiny bit more
    Blizzard in 2013: Just a little more
    Blizzard in 2018: WoW is now F2P we really dont care anymore
    You in 2020: THESE TITAN BOTS MUST STOP NOW...

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Im gonna go ahead and save everyone some time::

Thread:: AMG bots exist. Someone please stop them
    Blizzard in 2007: working on it
    Blizzard in 2009: Almost there
    Blizzard in 2011: a tiny bit more
    Blizzard in 2013: Just a little more
    Blizzard in 2018: WoW is now F2P we really dont care anymore
    You in 2020: THESE TITAN BOTS MUST STOP NOW...
    Except Blizz have never said they are almost there, or anything of the sort, they have always said it is an ongoing battle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Except Blizz have never said they are almost there, or anything of the sort, they have always said it is an ongoing battle
    Sure it is. Just like the war on terrorism is. And the war on drugs. And the war on poverty. ON GOING BATTLE AKA: Theres really not much we can do about it so STFU and live with it or move along.
    Last edited by Rad1um; 2013-07-01 at 10:26 AM. Reason: ponies

Quote Originally Posted by hermoraunio View Post
    Most of the bots are easy to spot, hence the "playstyle". Bots are usually based on some sort of software AI that uses waypoints to move the character. If Blizzard had some sort of brainy nerd to develop an algorithm to see the difference between pattern-like behaviour and human behaviour, it could help to narrow down reported players with some sort of automation.

I would not admit defeat against bots. There must be a way.
    So I should mind my walking patterns, if I go zig-zag I might just get hit with the banhammer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy1346
    no, didnt you get the memo? only whites can be racist

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure it is. Just like the war on terrorism is. And the war on drugs. And the war on poverty. ON GOING BATTLE AKA: Theres really not much we can do about it so STFU and live with it or move along.
    Well that's not true either is it, They do a lot about it, and if they didn't, the game would be dead by now, They dedicate a lot of time to the problem and I'm not going to tell you the entire process because it has been explained before, So please don't spread misinformation, if you don't have any clue about the process there really isn't any need to just make things up

Deleted
    Yea the bots are killing the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with BG's is the groups are too large and most people want a free ride. When too many people start thinking "the others will do my job for me" is when you have a problem. Nothing to do with actual 'botting'.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by kallekaka View Post
    Blizzard needs to hire a few ppl that will check every damn report, go to the reported player asap, and just insta ban them on the spot if they're botting.
    Atm it looks like theyre doing nothing when the same bots have been farming for months and months
    You do understand that this means that they have to pay those people PLUS lose money from botters' subscriptions? Now why would somebody want to do something like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Well that's not true either is it, They do a lot about it, and if they didn't, the game would be dead by now, They dedicate a lot of time to the problem and I'm not going to tell you the entire process because it has been explained before, So please don't spread misinformation, if you don't have any clue about the process there really isn't any need to just make things up
    ROFL I know EVERYTHING there is to know about the process. Misinformation? The fact that this is STILL an issue 4 years later is proof positive that there will really be NO END to the botting problem. It will NEVER end because Blizzard only has 1 thing in mind: thats right. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. They will devote their time giving you new content as opposed to fixing problems. And this is where I grab my tin foil hat: 8 botters in a BG is an extra 120 dollars a month.

Deleted
    That hash tag rubbish at the end of your post is annoying.

Anyway, Blizzard are taking a lot more action recently with bots. A string was found in the game files that implies they are able to detect HonorBuddy. There also seems to be a lot more bans recently when it comes to botting, many players that have botted for months are now getting bans despite "playing it safe" as they did before.

One of the biggest issues Blizzard faced was how exactly do you prove someone is a bot. I've had people called me a bot just because I stole their quest mob / node, I bet Blizzard gets a lot of these false reports from morons, so the REAL bots get lost in between. So if that string found in the game files is some kind of detection expect a lot more bans coming, but still continue to report them even though it feels pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    ROFL I know EVERYTHING there is to know about the process. Misinformation? The fact that this is STILL an issue 4 years later is proof positive that there will really be NO END to the botting problem. It will NEVER end because Blizzard only has 1 thing in mind: thats right. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. They will devote their time giving you new content as opposed to fixing problems. And this is where I grab my tin foil hat: 8 botters in a BG is an extra 120 dollars a month.
    Oh dear, you have it bad, You clearly know nothing of the process, Botting cannot be stopped, as long as people are allowed to log into the game, then botting will happen, since WoW's launch tons of bot programs have been crippled, and it's just the same with everything, when one solution breaks something, they just update the program, it will always be that way, You are spreading misinformation, And please, you clearly never took off that tinfoil hat of yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is doing their best, but some people don't know how to report bots as well. Blizz bans multiple accounts for a botting a year.

But if you report a bot, remember. Name of the bot, time of when you saw it and where.

And the botting problem is because idiots keep making the tools. They should find a way to lock WoW so that the only signal incoming when you play it can't be from some sub program.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    OP, did you seriously hashtag your post?
    As much as I hate hashtagging, it's the 'in' thing at the moment, all the cool kids do it.

People that hashtag on facebook, ugh!

#upset #annoyed #hatepeoplethathashtag #swag

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    As much as I hate hashtagging, it's the 'in' thing at the moment, all the cool kids do it.

People that hashtag on facebook, ugh!
    #whydopeoplehashtagstuffnowadays? - that what you mean? Because then I am completely dumb on that point.. Haha.. Don't even know why/when or where you do it.. Think.. It was from twitter first? Dunno.. hehe
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If your playing alliance that rate of loss is totally normal .....just saying ..