Check my Bare-bones Enthusiast Build

Edit: Forgot the power supply. Added that in. I think 650w should be enough.

I have a thread in the main PC forum about some issues I am having with my machine. Because of this, I am just going to build another rig...but more than likely over time. I already have an HDD/SDD/Video card/OS and peripherals. I have a case, but it's a monster...so I'm going smaller. I'll be building out a new generation machine and looking for a last minute critique. I'll be adding parts over the next few months.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($187.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced ATX Full Tower Case ($141.01 @ NCIX US) - Already had this case, just repurposed it
    Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $778.97
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-21 11:04 EDT-0400)
    Last edited by Erous; 2013-06-21 at 03:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice build, I really love MicroATX builds!
    I would however pay a tiny extra for a windowed 350D :P
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Just make sure you have enough room for your video card if your going to get such a small case. My case is bigger than that and I had to chop off some of the insides to fit my 7970 in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Nice build, I really love MicroATX builds!
    I would however pay a tiny extra for a windowed 350D :P
    Yeah, I was eyeing the windowed case...but I need to convince my wife that the extra cost is warranted! lol. It's either I build now, or I wait 2 months and use my company's PC purchase program...which would basically give me 3000.00 USD to do what I will with it, but with my current issues I may not be able to wait.

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 08:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    Just make sure you have enough room for your video card if your going to get such a small case. My case is bigger than that and I had to chop off some of the insides to fit my 7970 in it.
    I was leaning towards the possibility of nabbing a GTX 780...you think I'll have an issue getting that thing in there?

Edit: Checked overclockers forums and they seem to give the thumbs up for it fitting in the case
    Last edited by Erous; 2013-06-17 at 12:41 AM.

Ah yeh just checked it out you will be fine, the way the case is setup there is ample room.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...ducts_id=23500
    link to video card for dimensions

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...ducts_id=23251
    link to case you can see theres a bunch of room around where your card will sit to the right of the case (just above the ssd bays)

Plans have changed for my build. I used my current case and replaced the key parts minus storage, peripherals, video card