10+ Year Old Account

Doing awful DPS on LS

I'm doing awful on Lei Shen.
    here's my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple
    I did just get a new chest, I made sure I'm above 97(whatever 00) haste just below hit capped.. all my stats looked great

I mean on pulls I'm doing great DPS, but during the fight I'm in the mid 90's (puke)

Most bosses I do pretty well!

Oh I'm affliction too.. I'm not letting my dots drop, I'm being careful with my Procs....

I've never done this bad

Feel like I should just go back destruction.

Oh i feel like I use this forums a lot to give you all my DPS dismays lol

Forgive me for that,

Volde
    Last edited by pvw1075; 2013-06-17 at 03:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Since you don't have any links to logs, here's my two cents on what you can do.
    -Having done the fight multiple times as affliction, destro, and demo, I find that destro and demo generally pulled better numbers overall, with less effort. As Affliction, you need to time your aoe perfectly in order to keep up with other classes.
    - As for being under hit cap, it's you're own personal choice. On progression fights, I run hit cap if I am affliction (rare on heroics), and once we have a kill, I run less hit.
    - If you choose to stay affliction, make sure to refresh your shards on any diffusion chain adds, and ball lightning adds. This will up your dps a fair bit.

If you post logs, it would be a great help however.

Deleted
    The balls are a huge factor in terms of staying with the other dps, affliction just doesn't have the instant aoe that Demo and Destruction have so by the time you've got 1 or 2 Seeds off (if your raid is hugging for the balls) then they will die before you get any meaningful aoe out.

Deleted
    Destro is probably the better choice. FnB along with MF is an absolute ball lightning wrecker and you'll outdps everyone on the balls if they're not gripped and stunlocked.

Slightly off-topic, you should really really go for that helm socket bonus. If you're worried about the haste breakpoint, put a 320 haste gem in that yellow leg slot and a haste + hit gem in your helm.

Concerning Lei Shen a few things needs to be answered:

Is your raid struggling on ball lightning DPS? Are you wiping because of that?
    - If yes then you will be better of using a destro or demono spec.
    - If no then, are you competitive DPS wise on Lei Shen alone?

Is your raid gripping and stunning the ball lighting?
    - If yes, a KJC build for destro/demono might allow you to pull some great numbers (keep two chaos wave ready, wait for the grip, cast them, done).
    - If no, this might be something your raid might want to do to improve the overall DPS (less damage on you, more cleave on the boss).

KJC will be very usefull for P3.
    MF will be usefull if there is no grip/stun on the aoe phase.

To aim at improving global DPS only I would go as demo KJC.

Deleted
    You can push pretty competitive dps with affliction on LS, if you are struggling with your damage on the ball lightnings you need to focus on your timing and getting the spells of correctly. Your overall dps will mostly vary (if you play correctly otherwise) on the factor how many diffusion adds you get to dps during the transition phases, if your segment doesn't have to deal with any adds, it's normal that you encounter difficulties to upkeep your dps.
    Also obviously your raid size is a factor, if you are running 10 mans, and struggling to kill the ball lightnings you should consider playing destruction, unless you have formidable experience playing demo.
    Most important is that you compare the damage done to the boss, from world of logs, between players to get more realistic numbers on your performance, if you are noticeably lower on damage done to the boss, then you need to focus on improving your single target performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea seems like all signs point to not being aff this fight, my offspec is destru, which i just switched from. I'll roll out with it.

Affliction pulls good numbers on normal lei shen but with the way you gear flat haste in every socket you are gimping yourself. Idk who told you to ignore socket bonuses but that's an awful idea on every piece of gear except maybe the heroic iron qon ring. Put expertise/haste gems in red flat haste in yellow and haste hit in blues. Then you just need to reforge for UA or Agony thresholds with ur haste while staying hit capped and then dump the rest into mastery. Timing is everything on the ball lightning. You really don't need to go a different spec for the normal mode version of the fight because ball lightning and overall dps should not be an issue unless ur trying to carry 3 afk dps or something ridiculous. Once you get him down get a demo spec ready for when you get an unerring and you will be all set for heroics.
    Last edited by Betrayerx; 2013-06-17 at 09:13 PM.

Affliction isn't terrible for the fight. While I have done the last 2 weeks as destro, I was affliction before that. I was able to keep up with the other locks, assuming I had near perfect timing on the aoe for ball lightning. It's by no means easy, and if you want an easier time, play destro.

10+ Year Old Account
    hey all here is our logs from last night
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...um/damageDone/

thanks!

I noticed u were casting soul stone rez while everyone else was peAking in dmg. Damn i hate that rez lol. U just got unlucky that someone died and blizz gave us brez

Your not hitcapped. In case you looked over that small detail. Expertise to gloves would put you at 14.94%. Should probably do that....

Quote Originally Posted by WobePC View Post
    Your not hitcapped. In case you looked over that small detail. Expertise to gloves would put you at 14.94%. Should probably do that....
    That's a personal choice. Hit cap for Affliction has always been up for debate since the advent of Pandemic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WobePC View Post
    Yea I didn't miss that fight I think.. but i'll see how close I can I get !

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 05:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tara senko View Post
    I noticed u were casting soul stone rez while everyone else was peAking in dmg. Damn i hate that rez lol. U just got unlucky that someone died and blizz gave us brez
    Yea i always have to do that.. pisses me off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leaderavia View Post
    That's a personal choice. Hit cap for Affliction has always been up for debate since the advent of Pandemic.
    And then you miss the opener SB:SS or Haunt and wish you'd been hitcapped.

Seriously, with the amount of stats you get showered with these days not being hitcapped is bad.