Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

3 fastest levelling classes?

Heya,

returning to the game, and I finally want a char on max level for once. But what would be a fast class to level? The top 3 would be nice I like all classes equally, and since there is no trinity, there is no real need to level X or Y.
    Reason why I asked, last I played was a day or 2 during the Halloween event, so I missed a lot

Deleted
    Monk, paladin and druid, all tank, healers and dps. Monk being the fastest with the exp buff.
    Dungeon spam to lvl 80 or 85 and then switch dps for the last levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tissuebox View Post
    Monk, paladin and druid, all tank, healers and dps. Monk being the fastest with the exp buff.
    Dungeon spam to lvl 80 or 85 and then switch dps for the last levels.
    This is posted in the GW2 forum, friend. :3

1. Warrior (By far the most OP class, IMO.)
    2. Guardian (Probably.)
    3. Ranger (Maybe?)

Elementalist can be fast if you know what you're doing. Thief I don't know, it's the only class I haven't seriously played. Necromancer is in the moderate range. Engineer and Mesmer are definitely the slowest by a significant margin.

Ranger, easiest and fastest

Guardians and Warriors next probably

everything else after that

Lane, Engineers are pretty decent right now. I'm leveling right now and I'm breezing through with it.

It's been awhile since I leveled my ranger. He was my first real character and has been 80 a long time. Not to mention I finished PvE map completion on him sometime last year, I think, so my memories outside of event camping are fuzzy.

Going to have to agree to disagree about engineer though. Mine just hit 60 today. I made her about a week or so ago and aside from mesmer it's definitely been the slowest/weakest class I've leveled.

Edit: I should note that I predominantly play my engineer with my bf's warrior, which is why she's leveled relatively quickly. The few times I've done things on my own with her it's just been slow and painful. x_x
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-06-17 at 08:25 AM.

Ranger, Engineer and Warrior. Those 3 are very fast to level.

Ranger most of all. It is the easiest and most overpowered class in PVE by a longshot [har har]. Very hard to die, decent damage, easy to run a map to 100.

I'd really like to know what engineer specs y'all are running and how you're leveling because I am truly baffled as to how engineer is fast. I've tried a few different builds and weapon/kit setups and engineer isn't anywhere near other classes I've played (which is all but thief at this point). If nothing else that suggests to me that engineer must be a lot like elementalist in that it's only fast if you know what you're doing, which either I don't or people have a very different definition of "fast" than I do.

I'm with you lane, engi is slow as hell. The problem is that all "good" traits are after the 20traits while other "fast" classes are before it.
    Engineers simply don't have the power to plow through everything really fast untill they get the extra bomb trait which you need to be lvl 60for.

Warrior, Guardian, Ranger are the fastest imo (in that order).

HB war just roflstomps through everything (especially with a signet build which has goten even stronger since when I used it). GS guard with scepter/x just aoe bursts the living hell out of everything. Ranger is always "2v1" so you get quite an advantage there (+ the fact you can attack from something like 1300 range away while mobs usually don't go over 600range)[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-06-17 at 01:58 PM.

I used turrets up to till the point I could max out the flamethrower thingy. I don't remember the names of anything- traits, skills or whatever. But essentially I was self buffing walking hellhound.

When I was lazy, I would AFK turret farm like 3 events at once or grenade bomb events as I ran by. Didn't even stop to finish them or fight mobs. Just "Run-bys", dropping them bombs on 'em.

The class was highly efficient at farming en mass. And was able to solo dungeons quite well.

Well event farming in orr isn't viable anymore, otherwise I'd agree engineer levels the fastest.

Just have to say that my Engineer is leveling faster than my warrior ever did. Only profession that has been faster was my Ranger.

Signet GS/LB war is unbeatable. You get 90% crit from just that one silly trait and using signets and all gear you get is power/crit dmg (at first). If there's a boss event just HB once and run on to the next one. If it's a "wave" event pop your LB fire stuff and run along. The reason why war is the fastest is because it's very easy to solo any and all skill points and "hard" bosses.

Engineer is a good leveler due to afk turret tagging + perma swiftness and pretty good AoE. The one-person dps is lacking though.

Doozer in comparison how many toons did you level before your war and before your engi? Experience can greatly reduce leveling times (or gear or playing in groups).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Doozer in comparison how many toons did you level before your war and before your engi? Experience can greatly reduce leveling times (or gear or playing in groups).
    Yeah, definitely have to take experience into account. So I suppose I can't really make a fair comparison with that in mind.

But I do think that an Engineer is not nearly as bad as some folks are making them out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    1. Warrior (By far the most OP class, IMO.)
    2. Guardian (Probably.)
    3. Ranger (Maybe?)

Elementalist can be fast if you know what you're doing. Thief I don't know, it's the only class I haven't seriously played. Necromancer is in the moderate range. Engineer and Mesmer are definitely the slowest by a significant margin.
    elementalist was a godamn nightmare to level during the 3 day headstart let alone each and every single story mission where i died many many times

i wish i went with mesmer or guardian or even a thief but since my ele got to 80 i just havnt felt like leveling a new char i get to char creation spend all day making a nice character then after the intro bit i just look at the world map think ""meh" and logoff
    Last edited by Achaman; 2013-06-17 at 06:24 PM.

Elementalist has a higher learning curve compared to a lot of the other classes. But once you do get the hang of it, it's rather easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Well event farming in orr isn't viable anymore, otherwise I'd agree engineer levels the fastest.
    I farmed Orr in the early days. But also leveled through the zones as an Engineer.

It was pretty agreeable.

I have actually leveled 4 Engineers, tbh. Once as a Human in beta up to 50ish. Again in beta as an Asura to level 30something. At launch I did it as a Norn to 40-y and crafted the rest of the way. Then I deleted the Norn because she was ugly and made it as a Human to 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I farmed Orr in the early days. But also leveled through the zones as an Engineer.

It was pretty agreeable.

I have actually leveled 4 Engineers, tbh. Once as a Human in beta up to 50ish. Again in beta as an Asura to level 30something. At launch I did it as a Norn to 40-y and crafted the rest of the way. Then I deleted the Norn because she was ugly and made it as a Human to 80.
    something tells me you like engineers

From previous conversations with Fencers, I always thought Warriors was her favorite profession/class in any game including this one. But Fencers can be a puzzle to figure out sometimes

I like anything that is not magical. Fuck off, wizards.