Problems with Enveloping/Surging Mists - Please Help!

So I cant find this information on any other threads after extensive research. I figured this would be a very common issue among mistweaver monks right now but I guess not.

I use a combination of click casting and mouseover macros for healing. The problem im having is that whenever I try to use Enveloping Mists or Surging Mists on the person im channeling and my current target is out of range it will give me the 'You're target is out of range' message. But by default if enveloping mists and surging mists are used while channeling it should only go to the person youre channeling anyways. If my current target is in range and im channeling another person through clique casting it will be used on the person im channeling and not the person im targetting. Only when the target is out of range does it give me that error message and wont allow me to use it.

So what im wondering is if there are any macros out there that will set my enveloping mists and surging mists to heal only the person im channeling and not the person im targeting. Or if there are any other healers out there that have had this issue and have found another solution that would be great too.

Deleted
    Uhh, as I see it like (my mother language is not English), that you want to put your channeled target in focus and then use [@focus] conditional in a macro.

1. Your channeling button will pick targeted player in focus frame and channel Soothing Mist
    #showtooltip Soothing Mist
    /focus
    /cast [@focus] Soothing Mist

2. Your Enveloping Mist button will be casted at focused player.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus] Enveloping Mist

3. Your Surging Mist button will be casted at focused player.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus] Enveloping Mist

..etc

This is the most simple option I can come up with right now. First I was writing pretty complicated stuff but then read the mid chapter of your post and realized that I'm making stuff too complicated.

In case you want to bypass focus and cast at other player, you can simply turn "/cast [@focus] Ability" into:
    /cast [mod:shift] [@mouseover] Enveloping Mist; [@focus] Enveloping Mist
    This would cast Enveloping Mist when you hold your shift, at your mouseover (self-explanatory term, hard to explain any better).

Not sure exactly, but it sounds like you're having issues with channel range.

Some channeled spells, if they are started while in range, will continue to channel even if the target moves out of range (LOS too). Sounds like Soothing falls under this category. However, if you try to re-cast the channel, or cast another spell on that target, it won't work, because of range.

Basically, I think this is what you're running into - the game lets you keep channeling Soothing Mists on out of range targets (provided you started when they were in range) but won't let you Envelop/Surge that target because those spells have their own range checks.

If you're using a /cast [@mouseover] macro, it bypasses the check to cast on current channel target, because it's doing exactly what the macro tells it to do.

What you're looking for is a macro that will check to cast at your Soothing Mist target before checking for the mouseover. hermoraunio has the right idea, but the coding could be a bit better.

The objective of this set of macros is to put the Soothing target in your focus frame like hermoraunio suggested, but then also allow you to cast @mouseover if the focus (Soothing target) is out of range, and finally cast on current target if there is no focus and no mouseover.

Soothing Mist/focus combo on mouseover, else on current target if no mouseover (first command does nothing if no mouseover exists)

#showtooltip Soothing Mist
    /target mouseover
    /focus
    /cast [@focus] Soothing Mist
    /targetlasttarget

Enveloping Mist macro, first will cast at focus (should be last Soothing Mist target), then at mouseover target if focus does not exist or cannot be casted on, and finally on target if mouseover and focus both do not work

#showtooltip Enveloping Mist
    /cast [@focus] Enveloping Mist;[@mouseover] Enveloping Mist;[@target] Enveloping Mist

Suring Mist macro, works the same way as above

#showtooltip Surging Mist
    /cast [@focus] Surging Mist;[@mouseover] Surging Mist;[@target] Surging Mist

Some disclaimers: attempting to use Enveloping Mist or Surging Mist outside of Soothing Mist will cast it at your last Soothing Mist target, so don't use it with the Tiger Palm buff unless Surging is glyphed. This will also render your focus frame essentially unusable for anything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    #showtooltip Enveloping Mist
    /cast [@focus] Enveloping Mist;[@mouseover] Enveloping Mist;[@target] Enveloping Mist
    It's all about what's your playstyle. I really like the modifiers like shift and ctrl. The only problem I saw in this macro is that you may have problem with @mouseover and @target. What ever comes first, you'll have to make sure you're not mouseovering anyone when you're trying to cast a heal on your target. And other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by hermoraunio View Post
    It's all about what's your playstyle. I really like the modifiers like shift and ctrl. The only problem I saw in this macro is that you may have problem with @mouseover and @target. What ever comes first, you'll have to make sure you're not mouseovering anyone when you're trying to cast a heal on your target. And other way around.
    Yeah you can do mods as well, but that's functionally the same as just binding a different action bar slot to the mod + the same key and have a separate macro for mouseover or normal target or what have you. Building [mod:x] into macros doesn't make them functionally any better, you'll still end up with one spell taking multiple keybinds. I personally have 50+ unique actions on keybinds, so convenient binds for me are at a premium and I work all of my macros around what I can fit into a single button and play around that.

Not that any of this matters because you shouldn't actually be hardcasting EM or Surging on anyone (and really should just leave them as their default buttons), but in the event that you actually want to do something like that, it works.

This is what I do on my vuhdo.

Bound soothing mist to left click,

Bound surging mist to N+ on naga.

Soothe on someone and click surging. gg