Thread: refresh

Deleted

refresh

hi am not sure about refresh with uvls. if i got a doom with a rare 10 stacks or close on wush + uvls. but duration is like 1min or lower. is it worth refreshing when uvls proccs with some lower proccs jade etc. i only got the lfr version of uvls so the rng can be quite bad at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    got the addon, but have i missunderstood it? how does it tell me if the loss in time is worth a new one for better rng?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortaz View Post
    got the addon, but have i missunderstood it? how does it tell me if the loss in time is worth a new one for better rng?
    If you're asking whether or not you should refresh a powerful snapshot of a DoT when it's running out with a lesser one, that's for you to decide. Obviously full duration of a lesser proc is better than waiting for a single more powerful tick, and then refreshing it without any procs. But 2, 3 ticks? You must do the math (yes like in real math they teach you in schools) and take the decision yourself. You know your spell power, trinket proc values, ticks number depending on your haste, everything you need is at your disposal.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    Doom damage itself isn't very significant compared to your total damage, it's all about the imps it spawns. It's probably best to refresh it and have it do a bit less damage.

Deleted
    I recast it EVERY time I got a proc from UVLS, even if the damage the Doom deals will be much less than the previous one. I want them Imps to spawn!

Deleted
    Only one i dont try to overwrite is a massivly haste buffed crit doom

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Only one i dont try to overwrite is a massivly haste buffed crit doom
    This. Having a crit Doom with meta gem + racial or such can yield more Imps than missing a few ticks through a non-crit one. Though it's hard to make the decision correctly, since you can't reliably predict PPM. It's a gamble, but it's also tied to the time left. Personally, I try not to overwrite my "Super Doom" if it has >1m left, and probably will do so if it doesn't. That's not founded in any sort of math, though, just a personal preference that makes snap decisions easier for me.