10+ Year Old Account

Question about usage of BT

Hey guys,

I am new to tanking with my DK and I have to be raid ready in like 2 weeks so I have a question about Blood tap because I heard it's the best talent in that tree for control.
    I heard that it's a bad idea to macro it to RS or DS. I would like to know how to properly use it and how to put it in my rotation?

I have tried to google it but I don't get what I'm looking for.

Hopefully someone can help me out with this.

-Nophix

Just go RC if you don't know how to properly use BT.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am using RC atm but I would like to use BT, hence I'm asking for some advise.

Well it should be pretty obvious - bind it to a hotkey and use it when needed.
    You might also need something like weak auras to show the amount of stacks you currently have but that's about it °_°

Deleted
    the way i use blood tap is all about active mitigation mainly.
    I use it in order to keep up my blood shield, or if i know theres no incoming damage for atleast the next 10 stacks i can get, i use it for dps.
    its more of a situational talent tbh, as i use it when i see fit.
    as a tank i dont rely on chance to gain me a free death rune, i rely on blood tap for those spikey phases of a fight.

If you're looking on a guide to use it, then i'd suggest testing it yourself, see where you need it most, etc, as thats how i learnt, and its gone very well. TRIAL AND ERROR!
    Last edited by mmocc301d76c10; 2013-06-17 at 01:24 PM.

The easiest way to use bloodtap is to bind it behind rune strike with a macro, so everytime you have enough charges you get your deathrune, and if you have no fully depleted rune it will just not be used, so you can't waste resources that way.

Worked well for me, because you don't want to time your deathstrike for longer than about 4 seconds, simply because of the rune cd so it is not essential to use it manually.
    I've been tanking heroic encounters current and last tier with it and never had any problems occuring due to binding it on a spell.
    Also it regenrates more runes for deathstrike than rc because a third of rc reg goes into blood runes and aren't useful for deathstriking.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    For tanking, think of blood tap as 'Get 10 charges spend 10 charges' as that will yield a 'free' death strike. However, no one can really tell you when is the 'proper' time to use said charges other than as Jaka has stated: when you need them. There will be times that you are building up charges to use right after you taunt so you can gain both a big blood shield and threat. There will be other times that you are hitting it to heal yourself back up because the boss just hit you with a special ability and dropped you below 35% you're using the charges along with VB and rune tap to heal yourself back to full. And there will be sometimes that you are using the charges to dps the boss. The point is that proper blood tap management is something that you will learn through raid experience so get in there and get em tiger. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies guys, guess I'll just start using it and learn from the mistakes I will make!