Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Implying that Blizzard acknowledges the existence of draenei. Leaving draenei out of things seems to be the standard.
    Blizzard didn't have to make one of Jade Forest crew a Draenei, but they did. They didn't have to have half the ground forces at Lion's Landing be Draenei, but they did that too. They also didn't have to have a random Draenei questgiver on the Isle of Thunder (especially since the Draenei lack any established connection to the Kirin Tor). So while the Draenei might be a little overdue for a story focused on them, it's not like Blizzard doesn't acknowledge their existence.

Anyways, I would expect the Blood Elves and Draenei to be updated last. The Dwarf, Human, and Orc models could potentially be implemented as early as 5.4. Garrosh likely uses the new Orc skeleton, so we know they are making progress on that front. While it's possible Blizzard might update them all at once, I think it's more likely we'll see them updated in batches of 2-3 races, with Blood Elves and Draenei being in the last batch.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Draenei and BE definitely need to be updated. They're barely better than vanilla models. They're certainly no where near the quality of goblins/worgen/panda

Regarding the release of the races in small patches, 3 or 4 races at a time.

Not quite sure that's still a viable option. They maybe had plans to implement them that way in late Cata maybe early MoP. But it seems they decided it would be a great feature to do at the release of the new expansion.

I personally think they will update all the races at once when / if they do it. As they did when they revamped the old zones.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want my draenei update thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Quoting this because it still seems a lot of people missed it.

Blizzard has only offered contradictory statements on this issue, unfortunately. When talking about the updated player models, sometimes they say 'All but Worgen/Goblin', and other times they say 'Vanilla Races'. It's impossible to say which one is correct.

That being said, Blood Elves and Draenei BOTH need a serious overhaul, aesthetically. Their models, while much better than the vanilla ones, are still horrendously outdated and low-res.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Belf female hands....looks like huge badely pixeled sausages...
    Don't forget the piranha teeth!
    Look! Words!

If I remember correctly, I believe Blizzard said awhile back that they would be updated last.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler said the new dwarf models are "pretty"....

"pretty"

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    I don't think they will leave Draenei/Blood elves out. IMO they are as bad as the vanilla ones.
    This. Blizzard is looking to raise the bar on quality all around (if they ever get around to actually doing it). So when, and if, we see updated characters models the only ones to be left out will be the latest three (Goblins, Worgen, and Pandaren) as they are all within that acceptable level of quality (with the Pandaren being what Blizzard said they want to achieve for everyone).
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

10+ Year Old Account
    They've confirmed they're doing BE and Draenei too.

Quote Originally Posted by resonance7982 View Post
    I think we'll see everything except pandaren updated. yes goblin and worgen are new, but even they are outdated compared to the movements of the pandaren.
    Not really. I doubt they will be updated, since they don't really need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will have to get updated, they look just as bad as the older models, in all honesty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes they will.
    I would even say Worgen and Goblins will receive a minor update. As cool and high quality the two races are they still don't have the degree of bones and detail as the Pandaren and atm that seems to be the benchmark Blizzard has set. The fact they're more up to date also means they will be quicker to work on.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Blizzard didn't have to make one of Jade Forest crew a Draenei, but they did. They didn't have to have half the ground forces at Lion's Landing be Draenei, but they did that too. They also didn't have to have a random Draenei questgiver on the Isle of Thunder (especially since the Draenei lack any established connection to the Kirin Tor). So while the Draenei might be a little overdue for a story focused on them, it's not like Blizzard doesn't acknowledge their existence.

Anyways, I would expect the Blood Elves and Draenei to be updated last. The Dwarf, Human, and Orc models could potentially be implemented as early as 5.4. Garrosh likely uses the new Orc skeleton, so we know they are making progress on that front. While it's possible Blizzard might update them all at once, I think it's more likely we'll see them updated in batches of 2-3 races, with Blood Elves and Draenei being in the last batch.
    Draenei and Worgen have no named characters of significance. In fact, Draenei are in a worse position from Worgen. Worgen at least are right-up ignored. Draenei are dragged out once an expansion to be laughed at for their piloting skill.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Yes they will.
    I would even say Worgen and Goblins will receive a minor update. As cool and high quality the two races are they still don't have the degree of bones and detail as the Pandaren and atm that seems to be the benchmark Blizzard has set. The fact they're more up to date also means they will be quicker to work on.
    Would you be okay with the idea of

6.0 - Vanilla races updated
    6.3 - BC races updated
    7.0 - Cata races updated?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    the BE and Dranei are better then the Vanilla ones, but so much worse then the newer goblin/worgen and pandaren.

skipping them over when the new models come would be an huge mistake. so i expect them to be redone also.
    I don't think they will get skipped over, but I do think they will not be part of the first wave. I'm guessing the new races will come out in waves in the order they were originally added to the game. So the vanilla 8 first, then Belfs and Draenei, then finally gobs and worgs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope the Tauren model is badass.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

You cannot even compare Draenei and Blood Elves to Pandaren or Goblins. They are as emotionless and rugged in their movement as Vanilla. The difference between Vanilla models and BC models is a slight variance in "bone numbers" and texture. Sure, Blood Elves and Draenei have more 'bones' than Dwarves, or Orcs, but they are no where near Pandaren or Goblins.

So yes, they will be updated, but because they're newer than Vanilla races, they will be updated after all the 2004 models have been modified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
    You cannot even compare Draenei and Blood Elves to Pandaren or Goblins. They are as emotionless and rugged in their movement as Vanilla. The difference between Vanilla models and BC models is a slight variance in "bone numbers" and texture. Sure, Blood Elves and Draenei have more 'bones' than Dwarves, or Orcs, but they are no where near Pandaren or Goblins.

So yes, they will be updated, but because they're newer than Vanilla races, they will be updated after all the 2004 models have been modified.
    Ding ding ding! We have a wiiiiiiinner! Indeed my friend, clearly Blood elves (especially males, as seen when running) are a lot more fluid than all the old ancient races, but definitely not on par with their current creations

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Would you be okay with the idea of

6.0 - Vanilla races updated
    6.3 - BC races updated
    7.0 - Cata races updated?
    I would. Though I think they would wind up bundling the BC and Cata races together since I don't think the worgen and goblin animations need the kind of touching up the other races do.