Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Would you be okay with the idea of

6.0 - Vanilla races updated
    6.3 - BC races updated
    7.0 - Cata races updated?
    I personally wouldn't be surprised if they're done by the start of the expansion and a character creation overhaul is an expansion feature. It also means they have the opportunity to update the creation process in general and maybe even add those skins everybody wants cause as a whole the WoW character creation is rather primitive when compared to more recent MMO's and other RPG's.

They are definitely outdated enough for an update, though I see them getting it after the Vanilla races have been updated (assuming, of course, they aren't all done at once).

10+ Year Old Account
    It also means they have the opportunity to update the creation process in general and maybe even add those skins everybody wants cause as a whole the WoW character creation is rather primitive when compared to more recent MMO's and other RPG's.
    Yeah.. that would be awesome. /dream

If you want to know how much things have changed between BC and MoP, compare the old and new Pandaren models.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said every race under Cata would be updated because of not only their model skins, but the outdated skeletons they're plastered over.

Also on this subject: dat Garrosh model... o_o

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I would. Though I think they would wind up bundling the BC and Cata races together since I don't think the worgen and goblin animations need the kind of touching up the other races do.
    Female worgen. Oh the pain. I sincerely hope they update every model otherwise, despite worgen/goblin being much newer, they would look quite out of place and clearly outdated when compared to the shiny new models. Female worgen mouths going everywhere and chihuahua eyes....blech.

10+ Year Old Account
    my belf has shoulder problems so i hope they update them >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Doubtful they'll be done right away. And I'm glad for that.

I actually think BElf and Draenei have the best animations of all the races. Both male and female.
    Animations won't change much, at least not the well liked and loved ones. Only animations that are generally disliked, such as Male Night Elf casting will be changed, and even then perhaps not all that much. For the most part the animations will be remade, still look about the same but with much better quality, as if they had made said animations today.

Hoping Blood Elf and Draenei are released with the rest of the models at the release of the next expansion. =)

Deleted
    I think they will be updated with the rest of classic races.
    They are not up to the standard of Blizzard quality.
    Furthermore, if they want to further improve visibility of Bob Theron, he shouldn't be left behind !

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a guess that Draenei males are the least played of all male characters, somewhere close to dwarf females simply because people hate their shapes and colours. If that is not enough reason for a rework than nothing is. However, I would love to see some Eredar-like new models instead of this neon blue.

10+ Year Old Account
    However, I would love to see some Eredar-like new models instead of this neon blue.
    But I like the blue. Though I admit, playing a red Eredar lock with green fire would look pretty "bad ass".

I would love to see them updated

Seeing the new orc and troll models im so eager to see all the races get updated

Deleted
    even mobs neeed to be redone compare stv tigers to mop tigers,amazing

Deleted
    On one hand, I really would not be surprised if they were skipped. Blizzard are known for using an excuse to get out of additional work.

Dustwallow wasn't updated in Cataclysm because it had some new quests in 2.4.
    Silithus wasn't updated because it had the War of the Shifting Sands update in 1.9.

Etc.

On the other hand, Blood Elves are the most popular Horde race by a massive margin. I imagine given those numbers there would be a huge uproar from a large number of their player base otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apom View Post
    I have a guess that Draenei males are the least played of all male characters, somewhere close to dwarf females simply because people hate their shapes and colours.
    There's a ton of Draenei Males on my server, and personnaly I find them cool. A bit gorilla-style, but cool anyway ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craakar View Post
    2) It would give Blizzard an excuse to implement high elves without being a straight copy of Blood Elves
    Exactly, it is the right time to provide to the High Elves their own models, distinguishable models from those of the Blood Elves, a necessary step to achieve something that many people are wishing for a long time: the High Elves as a playable and fully determinant race for the Alliance.

Due to the new class Monk all the skeletons of any class that can be a monk needs to be updated and since they ar eupdating the skeletons of these classes they will also update them to new skins. That is why Worgans and Goblins can't be monks, because they have up to date skins. Pandaren skeletons were designed for monk attack sequences and thus why they have superior skeletal motions in combat.

So any class that can be a monk will get a graphics overhaul including Belfs and Draenei.

With the sheer amount of people playing Blood Elves, they will have to update them while Draenei get the love because they came out in BC with the BE.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it's true they're not QUITE as outdated as the 8 first generation races... they could use some polish. So... I'm guessing this a 'When we get to it' affair.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    Hopefully, they aren't as bad but they could definitely use an update.