Best way to spend conquest/honor for fresh 90?

So I hit 90 the other day on my Disc priest and am not sure what the best route for spending Honor/Conquest is for me right now. Should I spend conquest only on set pieces, or spend it as fast as I acquire it on the lesser items like ring/neck/back/feet.

I'm running 6 Malevolent pieces, 6 crafted blue items, and tyrannical staff. Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ow/Zant/simple

I went straight to staff with my Conquest so far, but am not sure where to go from here.

I can either use my honor, which comes much quicker, on all of the smaller items like ring/neck/back/boots and use conquest on the set items... or use conquest as fast as I get it on the first item available and use honor on the set items.

Right now just doing 2s with a Frost mage, but will do 3s soon.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
    Top 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trinkets---) tier set ---) weapon (with conquest) --) everything else.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Trinkets---) tier set ---) weapon (with conquest) --) everything else.
    That doesn't really answer my question. I have Honor trinkets, I have some Honor tier set, I have conquest weapon. Do I save conquest now for tier only or upgrade pieces like the 1250/1750 items first with conquest and use honor on set?
    Top 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dinged 90 this reset on my priest alt, I went for main hand and off hand then got all my main set pieces head/chest/legs etc then rings/neck bracers etc I used honor on, The way I saw it was get the most expensive stuff out of the way first.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...efade/advanced

Plus how recent? as I had a 15k conquest point cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no "best" way. The more you think about how heinous the grind is... the worse off you are. If you have shit gear, you're probably going to have to find someone to carry you and get the ridiculous cap. You'll probably have to pay them a certain amount of gold per win unless you're good friends with someone who is good.

To recap; Find someone to carry you and get the conquest cap of 13800 or whatever it is. Then buy the weapon and the three 2250 pieces. The rest of the gear you just honor grind for. I guess that's the "best" way of gearing but again, there really is no "best" way. It's all mental on how much you want to put yourself to this kind of abuse.

Have the weapon... The question was am I better off saving conquest for set pieces or burn it as I get it on pieces like ring/neck.
    Top 100.

Deleted
    dont buy stuff that can drop from nalak with cp's first. other than that, buy whatever you want in any order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    dont buy stuff that can drop from nalak with cp's first. other than that, buy whatever you want in any order.
    This times a thousand. When I feel like gearing an alt, I go for the Conquest Weapon first (No Conquest Earned requirement anymore!), after that Ill go Helm/Shoulders/Chest in any order, then if Nalak does not drop Set Gloves/Legs and I am not capped on Conquest yet, I will wait for the following week to see if Nalak drops me any epics. But seeing as you are a fresh 90, your large cap can possibly cover Wep+5 set pieces which you should do.

I basically do this:

Wep
    5 set
    Belt/Boots (Doesnt matter which order, but these 2 after 5 set)
    Wrists
    Back
    Trinks (Trinks can go after the Belt/Boots, but this is where I put them)
    The rest of the Jewelry in any order.

Burn CQ on whatever is the biggest upgrade. Typically if you don't want to grind out the honor for pieces then yes, it's perfectly OK to upgrade that ilvl 450 blue neck to Tyrannical, the main-stat upgrade will be huge. Have full honor set? Upgrade the pieces that benefit your spec the most; for example say you play a Feral: the legs are crit/haste while the chest is crit/mastery; while the both provide the same AGI gain from Malev--> Tyr, the chest will offer you your better secondaries in addition.

The season is so far in that after you cap your catchup cap (~15k now I think?) you'll really only have ~5-6 pieces left to get, 7 if for some reason you want a PvP trinket instead of a PvE one (non-human healers mostly imo).

GLHF

Deleted
    Weapon and Off-hand-> Trinkets-> Head,shoulders,chest-> Get one Mogu Rune of Fate and kill Nalak-> Get a few Elder charm of good fortune and do Sha and Galleon-> Fill in whatever items you didn't get from Nalak, Sha and Galleon/Biggest upgrade-> Only after all your CQ and loot chances are spent you spend honor on PVP item fillers(You'll replace them next week or the week after either way.)

Weapon, trinkets otherwise > Replace the weakest item first

that is it. simply that.