Good enough gear to go for haste??

Hi,

ive been reading through a lot of posts an i still could figure out if at my gear lvl i can go for haste, or if it is still better to go for mastery at this point. i am still wondering if i reforge differently i could do more dmg.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackmoore/Gringalf/advanced

Can anyone help pls?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by Alinghi; 2013-06-17 at 02:17 PM.

Deleted
    Stay crit for now. The main reason you'll want to go haste is cause of RPPM, not neccesarily about itemlevel.

switching to haste is only really based on how many RPPM trinkets and set bonuses you have. It's really not a benefit until you get 3 or so. Right now you only have rentaki trinket. I would wait until you got bad juju. and the 2 piece set bonus.

I have 2p/4p, meta, and Bad Juju. 531 avg ilvl atm. Still waiting on Renataki's. Anyway, as SV, I ran a simc and was thinking I had passed the threshold where haste would begin to outpace crit, but it seems that it's sloppier than that. Idk if I just need that last trinket to make haste clearly ahead, but when I shift some of my crit into haste, then crit starts to eclipse haste in value.

I could swap the 530 valor trinket out for a 530 talisman (we've had 4 or 5 of those drop in our 10 man and 1 renataki's) so I'd have 2 rppm trinkets, skewing things in haste's favor, but when I sim that, it shows as a loss.

I could always just go full haste>crit and start respeccing to BM for some of the fights.

Ok, so its good that i stay this way stats wise....:-)

But what else can i do to optimize dps? People keep telling me that with my gear i should do 10k more dps.... What do i do wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alinghi View Post
    Ok, so its good that i stay this way stats wise....:-)

But what else can i do to optimize dps? People keep telling me that with my gear i should do 10k more dps.... What do i do wrong?
    Your gearing and enchanting looks fine overall. Reforge Sign of the Bloodied God's Mastery into Crit instead, and reforge Seal of the Shado-Pan Assault's Mastery into haste. Remove the reforge from your gloves. You'll need to provide us with some logs if you want more specific help regarding spell usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dole4011 View Post
    I have 2p/4p, meta, and Bad Juju. 531 avg ilvl atm. Still waiting on Renataki's. Anyway, as SV, I ran a simc and was thinking I had passed the threshold where haste would begin to outpace crit, but it seems that it's sloppier than that. Idk if I just need that last trinket to make haste clearly ahead, but when I shift some of my crit into haste, then crit starts to eclipse haste in value.

I could swap the 530 valor trinket out for a 530 talisman (we've had 4 or 5 of those drop in our 10 man and 1 renataki's) so I'd have 2 rppm trinkets, skewing things in haste's favor, but when I sim that, it shows as a loss.

I could always just go full haste>crit and start respeccing to BM for some of the fights.
    Never use talisman.. it will always be a dps loss.. And haste never really becomes significantly better than crit for SV.. It does so for BM but crit >= haste for SV even with rppm items.. If you use blink strikes however the benefit increases slightly.. which is why haste is better for BM cuz BS is now the default talent choice for BM..

If you really want to min/max though you really should be going BM for not some but majority of the fights as the dps difference is pretty significant now..

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    Never use talisman.. it will always be a dps loss.. And haste never really becomes significantly better than crit for SV.. It does so for BM but crit >= haste for SV even with rppm items.. If you use blink strikes however the benefit increases slightly.. which is why haste is better for BM cuz BS is now the default talent choice for BM..

If you really want to min/max though you really should be going BM for not some but majority of the fights as the dps difference is pretty significant now..
    Word. Thanks, chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    Your gearing and enchanting looks fine overall. Reforge Sign of the Bloodied God's Mastery into Crit instead, and reforge Seal of the Shado-Pan Assault's Mastery into haste. Remove the reforge from your gloves. You'll need to provide us with some logs if you want more specific help regarding spell usage.
    When i put the changes into femaledwarf.com i get a bit of a dps loss. What makes you change this reforges??

Here some links to logs:

Iron Qon: worldoflogs.com/reports/u5feoqecv5zfnq16/dashboard/?s=2293&e=2996
    Twin Consorts: worldoflogs.com/reports/u5feoqecv5zfnq16/dashboard/?s=3352&e=3814
    Lei Shen: worldoflogs.com/reports/u5feoqecv5zfnq16/dashboard/?s=5768&e=6314

Thanks sooo much for the help!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alinghi View Post
    When i put the changes into femaledwarf.com i get a bit of a dps loss. What makes you change this reforges??
    Your current reforges are favoring crit > mastery > haste, you'll want to favor crit > haste > mastery at your gearlevel.