Thread: 5.4 Fact Thread

5.4 Fact Thread

With the 5.4 Discussion thread being an odd mix of the same old arguments, discussion on what GC has been tweeting, and basically anything loosely tied into 5.4 I figured we could use a thread that had nothing but facts / data on how we function in 5.4.

Things this could include would be:

Current list of Mage changes / Tier

How set bonuses work (Proc chance on tool-tip vs. reality. Damage of these abilities, etc)

If any changes occur to our class, do the changes told to us match what is on the PTR (tool-tip errors? etc) and how do these changes effect us.

Essentially, I'd like this to be a cleaner area to discuss only what has explicitly occurred regarding mage on the PTR for patch 5.4. I understand very little has happened so far but it'd still be nice to have this up and available in the even that changes do occur.

Some work has already been done on the tier bonuses. I'll go into the other threads later today and condense the information there into a list of what we know right now here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Some work has already been done on the tier bonuses. I'll go into the other threads later today and condense the information there into a list of what we know right now here.
    Has there been? For those of us unaware (such as myself), please post it

PS: Once we actually GET changes, the "5.4 Discussion Thread" will obviously change to a more serious note
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

We are likely going to need a place to consolidate theorycrafting and testing results as well so we can analyze changes on the PTR. Zomg had a nice one going back for 5.2 I believe, and it worked really well.

This will be amazing. THANK YOU!

I need all the help that I can get, and this is going to be a major boon to me and everyone else, I'm certain.

"Never underestimate the depth of stupidity." Robert Heinlein

I have high hopes that this won't go off the rails, but it would be the first thread in a while to do.. So let's really try to keep this clean and simple

And pls god no bickering and stuff

Once we actually GET changes, the "5.4 Discussion Thread" will obviously change to a more serious note
    Somehow I feel it would be better just to lock that and start a new 1. It has 21 pages of arguments and silly posts out of no data, but t16 4-set, which hasn't even been quoted after page 2 prolly.. But ye I shall try and not mess this thread up, so I shall stop here.

If I ever get time off of work, I'll have some PTR testing stuffz but until then, that's all folks.

Still not much to report on here. I'm not willing to do a ton of work until numbers for things start falling into place. (and i'm trying to fix an error that causes everything to flash in and out of phase constantly O.o)

With the change to frost mastery, I guess some people were thinking it might have also changed how much rating = 1%. Nathyiel went onto the PTR to test this, and confirmed that the rating for mastery has not changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    We are likely going to need a place to consolidate theorycrafting and testing results as well so we can analyze changes on the PTR. Zomg had a nice one going back for 5.2 I believe, and it worked really well.
    I will make a thread specific to 5.4 testing, when the time is right.

PTR is in a pretty broken state right now. I'm going to wait till it stabilizes a bit, so expect that thread in the next build or two.

That being said, everyone should get their premade templates ready to go! Make a few different mages if you can (I have 4 ready) each testing out different stat priorities/builds, etc.

I also think Shangabangs said he would get a more concise 5.4 changes thread going, when there is something to report that is.
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.

SO it's no big changes i think for 5.4?

Quote Originally Posted by Azlundar22 View Post
    SO it's no big changes i think for 5.4?
    Not YET. We're only 1 week/2 builds into the PTR. This is going to be going on until about August/September, methinks.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.