Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Currently I'm stuck at a Change in Command, so I doubt I will get the legendary by the end of the expansion.
    This. I put it off due to SSM, and now no one is doing the group quest down in Krasarang. But if you're only doing LFR, it's hardly necessary anyway.

Overall, the legendary quest chain this expansion has been more annoying than rewarding. I don't think the game would be negatively affected by the elimination of anything "legendary".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not I.

/4 chars
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Roguezor View Post
    11/12 runestones atm, so getting my cloak this wednesday after resett for sure.

And I don't plan to quit at that so.... Legendary here I come!
    but but reset is on tuesday

Looking at 12 weeks to complete the Titan Runestone portion. That drop rate is terrible. I guess 11 more weeks now.

Eventually, on my main character, yes. 3/12 rune stones after 1 week of being on that leg of the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Currently I'm stuck at a Change in Command, so I doubt I will get the legendary by the end of the expansion.
    Stuck? Even if you can't PUG it on your server, i'm sure there are a few people on OpenRaid that would help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still collecting the sigils, but I want to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    So it's convenient for you, but it's a joke that you're able to do it, yet you still do? Right...
    It's so convenient it's a joke. And just because I have a problem with the design and would actually prefer a game that didn't provided legendary items to players who are essentially playing the game solo (as I am) doesn't mean I am not going to earn every possible reward I can within the constraints of the game and my real-life.

I used Open Raid to clear Change of Command, and now I'm on the Thunderfordged quest; however, my ilvl is kinda low to heal through the fight (500/503 Resto Druid depending on what I have because I don't want to lose my set bonuses yet), so I've been trying to do LFR and Herioc Scenarios*.

*Which is god damn impossible to do on a server like Nesingwary. Whoever though of Change of Command and Heroic Scenarios only being on your servers needs to get fired, and probably never played on a low pop server.

10+ Year Old Account
    3/20 Secrets atm... drop rate has been horrible for me. I can't really complain though as the rest has been super easy up until now. If I can muster the patience to keep running lfr then I will hopefully get to at least the last phase of the legendary questline before 5.4 drops. Rng is rng though...

Deleted
    Got Cloak this week, now waiting on 5.4

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the legendary quest is suppose to be "legendary" but really this is just one of the most obvious gating bait and switch quests I have ever seen. If the drops where at least 50% I wouldn't mind but its kinda ridiculous when they ask you to collect 20 damn items and then reward you with another fetch quest of another 20 items from the same raid. If they do this next Xpac I wont bother.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Got cloak a couple weeks ago, obviously will finish.

Is it known what the 5.4 reward is? I heard some speculation on weapons, but Wrathion said during quest lines that he will upgrade the cloak more?

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This. I put it off due to SSM, and now no one is doing the group quest down in Krasarang. But if you're only doing LFR, it's hardly necessary anyway.

Overall, the legendary quest chain this expansion has been more annoying than rewarding. I don't think the game would be negatively affected by the elimination of anything "legendary".
    Quite a few classes can solo this, its easily done with 2 players.. so quite how you are still stuck on this is beyond me.. you did hear about the nerf right??

completed since 2 1/2 weeks buddy.

Currently sitting at 19/20 secrets and 10/20 secrets on my two characters. I'll be finishing up secrets on one character tomorrow and crossing my fingers for some quick runestones! I do, however, fully intend to finish the legendary questline.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I was at like 8-9 or so Secrets when the immense feeling of despair from the terrible raid that ToT is set upon me and I gave up on the endgame.

I thought i'd be stuck at change of command but i teamed up with a resto druid and we 2 manned it (he healed my pet, i'm a hunter), now im at 6/20 secrets from 2 resets so doing well. maybe i'll finish it before 5.4 then move onto runestones, problem with me is i have slumps where i just cant be bothered with anything but bgs for weeks.

Then i perk up and realise my stupidity has put me weeks behind :P

I made a main switch to help the raid while I was in the VP grinding stage on toon 1. I think that was the worst part of it. The secrets are dropping pretty well for me I guess. 4 on week 1, 3 on week 2 and I still need to run the last 2 wings of LFR for chances at drops. So I'm hoping for at least 1 in 6 bosses to keep even, but more would be nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they are getting really obvious moneygrabbers (the 50% and anouncing changes the day after was another example) getting people to not take a month break on their sub by using the legendary status for a questline.
    Back in the day you could take a break but they now have so many things in place to keep people subbed weekly and this, with it's horrible, horrible droprate is one of their worst.
    It's the same as test of valor but a bit more camouflaged, 20 and 12 q items are they for real.