Page 1 of 3
LastLast

LFR Lei Shen hotfix?

"Throne of Thunder
    Lei Shen
    Bouncing Bolts that do not impact with a player will no longer cause Unharnessed Power to spawn on Raid Finder difficulty."

Am I missing something, or does that mean you can totally ignore the mechanic of bouncing bolts?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why they didn't just remove it completely, I mean, simple people will still try and soak them and take damage for no reason now :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess you can just stack up in the middle now? The first fight in LFR to take at least 30seconds of doing tactics, setting up marks and it gets nerfed to beyond retardation level again. I felt like Lei-Shen was just right for LFR and all LFR fights should work like that one.

That sounds very... bizarre. I'd have to see it, but I'm guessing it means that a bouncing bolt just won't bounce any more. IE maximum one add per bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    I guess you can just stack up in the middle now?
    Except I'm guessing it will still spawn one add, and stacking is a hideously bad idea since I have yet to see any notes about that fight that nerf diffusion chain adds (which in my opinion were a far deadlier part than the bouncing balls. Less deadly than a bouncing ball add, but far more likely to have a lot of them running around)
    Last edited by Luneward; 2013-06-17 at 03:43 PM.

moving is to hard. requires ppl to press buttons on their keyboard or use their mouse.

Was this necessary @ this point?

At this rate, next week they will remove the Durumu maze, so you just have to strafe key around him as you continue your rotation.

Just a note: This hotfix was not active last night when I did this fight on US servers.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    At this rate, next week they will remove the Durumu maze, so you just have to strafe key around him as you continue your rotation.
    You could always make it harder by never revealing all the adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    I guess you can just stack up in the middle now? The first fight in LFR to take at least 30seconds of doing tactics, setting up marks and it gets nerfed to beyond retardation level again. I felt like Lei-Shen was just right for LFR and all LFR fights should work like that one.
    The failure rate is still too high I would imagine. LFR Lei Shen has always been too complicated for LFR. Beyond retardation level ? is that why I still enter groups with 2-3 stacks ? It's too much for the crowd it's aimed at.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-06-17 at 03:53 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    The failure rate is still too high I would imagine. LFR Lei Shen has always been too complicated for LFR. Being retardation level ? is that why I still enter groups with 2-3 stacks ? It's too much for the crowd it's aimed at.
    SodiumChloride's razor:

"Never attribute to inability that which can be adequately explained by apathy."

The failure rate is still too high I would imagine. LFR Lei Shen has always been too complicated for LFR. Beyond retardation level ? is that why I still enter groups with 2-3 stacks ? It's too much for the crowd it's aimed at.
    2-3 wipes? Egads.

Even though I only use LFR, I have to question this as well. Personally I've only wiped on Lei Shen once and that was because someone pulled early and we didn't have groups assigned.

Wiping two to three times for your epics is too hard for the intended crowd? That doesn't makes sense at all. If anything, the other fights should be tuned similarly.

Aww come on now. Where's the fun in that? That alone would make Lei Shen too easy sauce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    SodiumChloride's razor:

"Never attribute to inability that which can be adequately explained by apathy."
    Tureni's corollary

"If not apathy, then downright trolling"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWh9aY4pas

I think what's happening is that more and more people are just bailing out when the raid gets to LS. And why not? If they already have (or don't need) a trinket from him, and aren't on the part of the legendary quest chain that he would drop items for, it's probably not worth the aggravation of staying, for just 90 VP (or whatever). Add to that people bailing because they already did him and queued again.

He's turning into the Oculus of ToT LFR. Blizzard let hope overrule prudence when they designed this thing.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    Wiping two to three times for your epics is too hard for the intended crowd? That doesn't makes sense at all. If anything, the other fights should be tuned similarly.
    Obviously Blizzard disagrees with you. LFR is easy mode, people who want it to be harder are running the wrong mode. But soon you'll have Flex raids. If Flex raids don't work for you either, then just accept that you are the exception to the LFR crowd and stop fighting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    Wiping two to three times for your epics is too hard for the intended crowd?
    Lots of people don't need anything from him. Wiping 2 or 3 times for 90 VP apparently isn't worth it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    Even though I only use LFR, I have to question this as well. Personally I've only wiped on Lei Shen once and that was because someone pulled early and we didn't have groups assigned.
    I've only ever been in one group that has one-shotted Lei Shen on LFR. Multiple wipes are par for the course.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu