Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I've only ever been in one group that has one-shotted Lei Shen on LFR. Multiple wipes are par for the course.
    Really? Then I must be lucky or something, as I don't wipe on him much at all. I thought his difficulty was just fine atm, as it encourages some kind of thinking. I did not feel like it still needed a nerf at this point.
    I personally do not like these "hit this dummy --> get loot" fights. Even in lfr. I just had a friend join the game, and it was quite shocking what he could get away with. He was tabbed out for most of the fights, and just wanted to get done with lfr. This is a player who has just joined the game, and never has tried any real raiding. It's not a good state for a game to be in.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionAntares View Post
    You could always make it harder by never revealing all the adds.
    Reminds me of how I was yanked around the room via life grips when I had the blue beam on me during Durumu LFR. I didn't move (used to normal) so nerd rage and life grip spam ensued.

  3. #43
    Stood in the Fire Tidders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    479
    Doesn't surprise me really, there's still a lot of people in LFR who don't want to learn "Just pull." is generally the response you get.

    I did however get an excellent group last night, tactics were explained and we 1 tanked Lei Shen (he wasn't heroic geared or anything either) and killed on the first pull - these type of groups are very few and far between though.

    If you go to MSV, there's still people who fall at Elegon and that's been out for months now.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I've only ever been in one group that has one-shotted Lei Shen on LFR. Multiple wipes are par for the course.
    Weird. Haven't had a wipe on him in...a month, I think? Seems like forever now.

    Of course, now that I said it, I have jinxed myself and will have 7-8 wipes tonight or tomorrow.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 08:54 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tidders View Post
    Doesn't surprise me really, there's still a lot of people in LFR who don't want to learn "Just pull." is generally the response you get.

    I did however get an excellent group last night, tactics were explained and we 1 tanked Lei Shen (he wasn't heroic geared or anything either) and killed on the first pull - these type of groups are very few and far between though.

    If you go to MSV, there's still people who fall at Elegon and that's been out for months now.
    I suspect most people failing at Elegon (and by that I mean falling into the abyss) are doing it intentionally so they can afk the rest of the fight. Not that there aren't people coming in that are genuinely new to the fight, of course, but I dare say those folks are few and far between now.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidders View Post
    If you go to MSV, there's still people who fall at Elegon and that's been out for months now.
    Elegon and some of the other fights are really hard to measure because you have to remember the AFK crowd skews the numbers. If you make a habit of watching, you might notice the same people die every fight. Most die fairly early. Sometimes you'll armory those people and see they have some normal and\or Heroic progression on that toon or one of their alts.

    I personally believe normal raiders are the biggest culprits in early deaths and Auto attacking. There is that part of me that sometimes wishes LFR and normal\Heroic shared a lock out. I often think it's the normal raiders who bring the most problems to LFR.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-06-18 at 01:11 PM.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    I suspect most people failing at Elegon (and by that I mean falling into the abyss) are doing it intentionally so they can afk the rest of the fight. Not that there aren't people coming in that are genuinely new to the fight, of course, but I dare say those folks are few and far between now.
    There was a very serious problem with Elegon (and a lesser extent, Primordius) introduced in 5.2. For some people with certain graphics cards, fps goes to hell when they step on the platform, particularly with the "shadow" setting below "good" (counterintuitively, turning up the shadow quality helped fps there.) This made killing the sparks hard.

    Has that been fixed? I've seen nothing in patch notes about it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    The failure rate is still too high I would imagine. LFR Lei Shen has always been too complicated for LFR. Beyond retardation level ? is that why I still enter groups with 2-3 stacks ? It's too much for the crowd it's aimed at.
    3 wipes, who cares? Is it really that big a deal if you wipe even 10 times on a boss? Jesus christ guys.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    There was a very serious problem with Elegon (and a lesser extent, Primordius) introduced in 5.2. For some people with certain graphics cards, fps goes to hell when they step on the platform, particularly with the "shadow" setting below "good" (counterintuitively, turning up the shadow quality helped fps there.) This made killing the sparks hard.

    Has that been fixed? I've seen nothing in patch notes about it.
    That could've been caused by a driver update. Was this for Nvidia or AMD cards? I run a GTX570 and haven't seen this problem, although I've only run Elegon 2-3 times since 5.2.

    I've had driver updates I've had to roll back due to the new driver causing some weird issues, be it with WoW or some other game I may be playing at the time. Now I only update drivers when I encounter problems. :P

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    That could've been caused by a driver update.
    No, it happened with 5.2, so it probably was something to do with graphics changes inside the WoW engine (possibly exposing a pre-existing problem with certain drivers).
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2013-06-18 at 02:31 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  10. #50
    Legendary! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    6,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    I suspect most people failing at Elegon (and by that I mean falling into the abyss) are doing it intentionally so they can afk the rest of the fight. Not that there aren't people coming in that are genuinely new to the fight, of course, but I dare say those folks are few and far between now.
    I think so too. I know some people who do this every time, and I'm always extremely annoyed by such behaviour.

    Regarding the Lei'Shen nerf: When I first read about the hotfix, I thought I must have misread something or it's a joke by Blizzard.
    As someone who mainly sticks to LFR, I think this is beyond ridiculous.
    How can people for which running into the blue circles is too complicated even survive in the daily real life? Sure, in the first weeks it took some time for groups to get used to it...but instead of encouraging people to be brainafk even more, they should learn it the hard way aka by wiping.
    Last edited by Pendra; 2013-06-18 at 02:38 PM.

  11. #51
    I normally one-tank it on LFR, and the only thing that can wipe us is the rest of the raid completely ignoring my instructions.

    Pull on East. /rw "Spread out 8 yards, tank pick up adds." Continue to next platform. "Stack." Next platform. "Stand in swirlies." Next platform. "Stack. Platforms coming soon." Intermission. At end of intermission, move boss to the south. Then it's just /rw STACK ON MELEE for every platform until intermission. Let the other tank know you're leveling up North. At intermission, /rw EAST GROUP STAY HERE. Then nuke him in the center and GG. Hasn't failed once.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •