Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Will running LFR grant you a REAL legendary in 5.4?

What do you think, will we have an orange-fest with every LFR-veteran running with a legendary soon? Or will they keep the legendary exclusive to normals/heroics?

We have gotten legendaries, just no legendary gear left.
    At this point, I don't see why not, getting a legendary doesn't have to be difficult, just time consuming. It fits WoW's design philosophy to do so and even if you do run purely normal/heroics, it doesn't affect you in any way if someone who just runs LFR gets a legendary.

I can probably understand the legendary ilvl being affected by lfr/normal/heroic. I am a normal raider and I don't care who gets the legendary as it doesn't affect me.

All I ask for is the same as that blizz has been doing, allowing the normal/heroic raiders get a head start by gating the lfr content. This way EVERYONE gets the chance to hold a legendary, but the people who put in more effort get the chance to get it sooner rather than later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you've been able to do the entirety of the quest so far in LFR soooo what do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    i think it will only get you so far into the quest until you actually have to do some real raiding

at least i hope so

I'm a person who being running LFR for the most part since DS,

I have to say, while it was nice to get the legendary gems (which I think is an ideal compromise) any legendary gear, or weapons, should stick to normal and heroic, but if people qq,

then I would say, add the legendary to LFR to be obtainable, but a epic version of it, higher than normal difficulty, but not as high as heroic / the legendary itself, sort of like shadows edge before shadowmourne etc

Right now, running LFR doesn't even "grant" you the 600 cloak, you have to be good enough to complete the solo boss fight, and THAT'S the hard part, not grinding the components.

If they did a sudden switch to it being normal mode only, you'd get a lot of people angry. There was enough annoyance at the solo scenario with Wrathion being challenging, so imagine the rage if at the end of the questline Wrathion goes 'thank you for all your dedication, but now you need to gather 9 to 24 friends and do the raid in the proper format, LFR is for casual losers lol'.

It would suck, royally. The best thing would be to stay consistent: let the legendary quest be completable with LFR, but in the next expac return legendaries to normal/heroic only. Or hell, I don't even mind that it's completeable in LFR: there's still plenty of things for me to stroke my e-peen over.

Quote Originally Posted by Krippzz View Post
    I hope not
    Why ?

Anyone who has gotten the legendary through LFR put in more time on the effort than any of the previous legendaries required, especially the random drop ones.

You seem to think exclusivity is what makes a legendary. I think time investment is. I don't think getting lucky by killing a boss and getting a legendary is ... well, legendary. I think sticking with a quest chain for quite literally an entire expansion is legendary.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Right now, running LFR doesn't even "grant" you the 600 cloak, you have to be good enough to complete the solo boss fight, and THAT'S the hard part, not grinding the components.
    So much this.

Collecting the sigils/stones/runes/whatever is the grindy part that requires no skill. The same can be said for collecting other legendary items. Sure, clearing normal modes in other tiers requires "skill," but not of the individual. You just had to be chosen as the person to collect the items, and be there to obtain them. 9/24 other people helped you.

I hope the quest results in a weapon, and I hope that the solo scenario to earn the weapon is frustratingly hard. The meta-gem one was pretty hard (as a melee, anyway) and I think this design is a lot better than "grind these raids for awhile, after you get 40 tokens, kill the last boss and enjoy your orange."

This method actually requires individual skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    The solo quest for cloak is joke aswell, so yes, running LFR does grant you the 600ilvl cloak. I dont think LFR should have legendary. heck they shouldnt even have tier. They should just give offset items.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    There was enough annoyance at the solo scenario with Wrathion being challenging, so imagine the rage if at the end of the questline Wrathion goes 'thank you for all your dedication, but now you need to gather 9 to 24 friends and do the raid in the proper format, LFR is for bad players lol'.
    I decided to fix this for you, casuals wouldnt QQ about something being challenging, unless the person is actually a bad player, and time has nothing to do with it.

Anyway back on topic, they should make it flex raid and up, atleast to stop people from afk receiving. That is, if its actually something okay

Legendaries have never been particularly difficult to obtain, but it's always been a lengthy and time-consuming process. Since the time it takes is functionally the same for all players, I see no reason why all players shouldn't reap the same rewards, as long as they're willing to put in the time

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries were never hard to obtain why some think they are special simply because you have more time then X person is beyond me be it normal regardless. Hell people thought they were fucking amazing in BC when all you needed was ''Luck''

Deleted
    Make it so that the end scenario will be tuned very hard - not doable until, say, full normal SoO gear (or at the very least full 2/2 LFR gear with normal offpieces). Same or higher complexity than the green fire boss, except tuned to full normal gear instead of LFR gear.

Don't do another RNG grind, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Legendaries were never hard to obtain why some think they are special simply because you have more time then X person is beyond me be it normal regardless. Hell people thought they were fucking amazing in BC when all you needed was ''Luck''
    Because only raiders had access to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Yes, all you needed was "luck" to kill Illidan or Kil'jaeden consistently when they were current. Those bosses and the ones preceding them were definitely as easy as LFR is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Yes, all you needed was "luck" to kill Illidan or Kil'jaeden consistently when they were current. Those bosses and the ones preceding them were definitely as easy as LFR is now.
    What he said. In a vacuum, maybe they're all as "difficult", but seeing the whole picture, there's a lot more going on that involved a sense of accomplishment and team work.

Now it's being made even less of a task given that Throne will be your go-to spot for all the raid drops.

Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    Legendaries have never been particularly difficult to obtain, but it's always been a lengthy and time-consuming process. Since the time it takes is functionally the same for all players, I see no reason why all players shouldn't reap the same rewards, as long as they're willing to put in the time
    The most legendary part of legendaries so far was always legendary battle/rager/qq for the order in which people will be geting them - since everyone wanted to be first and nobody wanted to finish/obtain them last