Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They have said that LFR will hand out the same legendaries as normals and hcs. However seeing Blizzard's recent negative attitude towards LFR it seems likely that at the very least the ilvl of LFR legendaries will be much lower than the normal ones.

...They've already stated MULTIPLE times that LFR will give you progression on the legendary quest even in 5.4. So yes -- Everyone is getting a legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    They have said that LFR will hand out the same legendaries as normals and hcs. However seeing Blizzard's recent negative attitude towards LFR it seems likely that at the very least the ilvl of LFR legendaries will be much lower than the normal ones.

It could go either way. The first few rewards (sha gem, extra socket, meta) were as good from lfr, but the original theory behind the design would be they were slotted in items that were of lesser power if you just did lfr you would only have the lfr item, they were just enhance the item and not the full no item themself. The cloak of course is a completely different story. So if its an actual item reward... I don't see it as being different. If its a case of 'use this item and it will uprade your item 8 item levels, make it legendary and give it a proc' then the reward will probably be different based on what level you play at, since if its used to upgrade an LFR item it could very well have reduced proc rates just like the current RPPM trinkets have lower chances at lower item levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    ...They've already stated MULTIPLE times that LFR will give you progression on the legendary quest even in 5.4. So yes -- Everyone is getting a legendary.
    Indeed, I don't really see a problem with it since it's a very long quest chain anyway.

Yes it will.

Why shouldn't it? I grinded out the sigils, valor, secrets, and runestones just like all the rest of you.

In fact, as an LFR tank, I probably did more work than some scrub who gets pugged to a guild group.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Although, WotLK's Naxx, really? That was way too easy.
    Heh we can say it was easy and it is fairly simple but do you think an LFR group could clear Naxx 2.0 and its raid wipe like mechanics? Just further separates the difference between normal mode and LFR. One person not doing their job is all it takes to fuck over a normal mode group, LFR is designed to be successful with griefers in mind. Even an ToC group could wipe on the first boss if one player fucked up. A lot of "casuals" want WotLK back and yet they seem to forget that still a minority raided.

I usually never get the Legendary in my guild but it's sad to see Legendaries get demoted this expansion into nothing more than a welfare item.

Oh well.

Also, can't wait for all the QQ threads of LFR Heroes bitching about drops rates or difficulty of a boss in the quest chain or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    What do you think, will we have an orange-fest with every LFR-veteran running with a legendary soon? Or will they keep the legendary exclusive to normals/heroics?
    Well seeing as how LFR players haven't been barred from any of the legendary items or gear, I doubt they would all of the sudden make the last legendary piece barred from LFR, that would be kind of messed up actually since we've been teased with progressively better legendary pieces the entire expansion so far.

But Normal/Heroic raiders will absolutely get a head start because more likely than not, they'll gate LFR like they've done.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    I usually never get the Legendary in my guild but it's sad to see Legendaries get demoted this expansion into nothing more than a welfare item.

Oh well.

Also, can't wait for all the QQ threads of LFR Heroes bitching about drops rates or difficulty of a boss in the quest chain or something.
    Final quest should be:
    "Defeat Hexos in the Brawler's Guild."

Would be glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Final quest should be:
    "Defeat Hexos in the Brawler's Guild."

Would be glorious.
    The tears would re-fill the Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I don't see how that would be a workable solution... Lets say a player has grinded his way to the 5.4 legendary via heroic raid content and then completes it in LFR, what version of the legendary would he get ? You could say the same about someone who has grinded their legendary via a mix of all raid difficulties (like I have).... What version would they get ?

If someone completed the legendary quest chain in LFR but then later met the requirements for the heroic version, what would happen with that ? Would they just be stuck with the LFR version forever ? Would they somehow be able to upgrade their legendary ?

I just don't see there being a workable solution to all the permutations.

The only challenging parts of the legendary chain have been the solo scenario's (some will disagree they were challenging). The rest of the legendary chain has just been a grind with a bit of RNG thrown in with the secrets of the empire and runestones etc (not really any different to the Molten Core legendaries in that respect). A person heroic modes hasn't really had it any harder than the person who does it on LFR.... Most will still have been getting a lot of their quest items on normal or RF difficulty because most wont have killed heroic lei shen for quite a long time after they picked up their titan runestone quest for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think the mentality that what others do/have somehow affects you is more detrimental
    So when you're working your butt off but its your lazy coworker who gets a promotion that doubles his pay, this should not bother you at all since it "doesn't affect you."

Not every fact can be neatly quantified with tangible evidence. Watching scrubs get legendaries by afking through LFR does bother many people, whether people like you want to believe it or not.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Sure blizzard is going to put all them customers on a year long quest chain and then not award them the legendary. That'd help there sub numbers for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Like the meta. Right? Or the cloaks?

Don't be dumb. If they add retarded RPPMs to the legendary items then maybe they can have "stronger power" (like Rune/Vision etc). Otherwise this is ridiculous to even assume.

Face it, Blizzard aren't going to disappoint the LFR crowd. The tears and bitching would be astronomical. The only hope I'm clinging to is that they've managed to piss off all of the 12 year old idiot Warlocks who think KJC on live is "balanced" (hint: it is absurdly overpowered).
    Everything is simply speculation at this point. Calm down.

Summarizing my thoughts on this whole matter.

I'd rather put in serious gaming hours and effort to clear the heroic content of a tier and still not come out with a legendary item, having it went to another player or something - Than me having a legendary along with every other single player that logs on to do LFR quickly once a week. There's so much that I want to say, but i'm not sure how to put it. Quite frankly, everything that I want to say has been said already multiple times with various wordings, I just wish I could concoct the ultimate counter argument. But that won't happen because arguments aren't made to be won, they're there so that everyone can bitch at each other and then, even when you know that you've lost, you start insulting the crap out of them until they leave.

Let me ask all of you Looking for Raid players:

1) Have you ever actually raided the current 'difficult' content? Aka, heroic content or just the end game of the current time frame.
    2) Do you enjoy Looking for Raid? Or is it just those first few times you enjoy it because you're seeing the content? I mean really, do you enjoy doing LFR over and over and over....?
    3) Dafuq do you plan to do with your legendary once you get it?! Go "Hey Bob! Look at my new dagger of the awesome-sauce dra- Oh, you have one too". You don't raid, you can't do anything with it except run LFR again, and it's not like you need Legendaries to do LFR - All you need to beat LFR is some sort of distraction while you AFK and get your loot. And even if you do decide to participate, all you need to do is roll your dick across the keyboard and wallah! Epics.

I thought LFR was about 'seeing' the content? Since when the hell did legendaries have anything to do with 'seeing' it? Like, you do realize that Looking for Raid has absolutely nullified the incentive to raid and thus the amount of players continuing to do so will very likely dwindle? I continue to do so myself because I enjoy raiding with my guild and, when you make progress, raiding is extremely fun - getting that first boss kill is just such a good feeling - I can understand why a LFR player will never want to raid, they don't need to. I me-

You know what, nvm, fuck it. There's incredible amounts of evidence out there as to why LFR is retarded, and giving legendaries to players for beating retarded content is even more so that - So whatever, do what you all want, i'm not gonna participate in these damned arguments anymore (as addicting as it seems to be), just gonna watch the patch notes unfold with my fingers crossed until something bloody decent crops up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    Sure blizzard is going to put all them customers on a year long quest chain and then not award them the legendary. That'd help there sub numbers for sure.
    I agree. I spent so much time on this quest and I want to finish it and be awarded. Honestly I don't care if they change how legendries are acquired in 6.0, but they can't change MoP legendries when it is almost done. It would be rude, like a slap in the face!

Hopefully not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

why would you think they wouldnt, look at the past items and why would you come here, you wont get any real answers from this site on this subject
    go to the source and ask them

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post

Let me ask all of you Looking for Raid players:

1) Have you ever actually raided the current 'difficult' content? Aka, heroic content or just the end game of the current time frame.
    Ive made attempts on heroic content and attempts on normal lei shen.

2) Do you enjoy Looking for Raid? Or is it just those first few times you enjoy it because you're seeing the content? I mean really, do you enjoy doing LFR over and over and over....?
    I enjoy doing LFR over and over again about as much as i enjoy clearing the first 8 bosses in ToT every week.

3) Dafuq do you plan to do with your legendary once you get it?! Go "Hey Bob! Look at my new dagger of the awesome-sauce dra- Oh, you have one too". You don't raid, you can't do anything with it except run LFR again, and it's not like you need Legendaries to do LFR - All you need to beat LFR is some sort of distraction while you AFK and get your loot. And even if you do decide to participate, all you need to do is roll your dick across the keyboard and wallah! Epics.
    Ill use it raid, do LFR, kill mobs in the world, do quests, finish of the last rank of brawlers guild and generally progress my character in every way possibly available to myself at the time. and you know what come next expac it will sit in my bank the same way yours will for you.

What are you going to use yours for? Im guessing you log on and only raid heroic content at every waking moment and nothing else for the way you talk.

Who cares if the person next to you has it as well. Not really understanding how it impacts on somebody elses enjoyment. I personally hope everyone in an LFR I might go into has a legendary - that way it is over faster.