Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Two possibilities:

1) Legendaries are obtainable on Heroic difficulty only.
    2) Legendaries for everyone.

I think everyone that has put so much effort in the whole chain deserves a legendary.
    Keep in mind this might not be a weapon or not even a piece of gear.

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    We have gotten legendaries, just no legendary gear left.
    At this point, I don't see why not, getting a legendary doesn't have to be difficult, just time consuming. It fits WoW's design philosophy to do so and even if you do run purely normal/heroics, it doesn't affect you in any way if someone who just runs LFR gets a legendary.
    Except it isnt legendary if everyone has one.
    Not being special snowflake or anything but whats the diff between an epic and legendary at this point ?
    None, it just ruins the feeling of a legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by dasmiez View Post
    Two possibilities:

1) Legendaries are obtainable on Heroic difficulty only.
    2) Legendaries for everyone.
    there are more possibilities then two extremes

I love the argument from the wannabes here, because as with all of these threads it's never the real elite raiders whining, but the midcores that want to feel special. "BUT THEY DON'T DESERVE IT!". Says who? You? Who are you to decide that? Who is the top 1% to decide who deserves what in the game?

Give it a rest already. We get that you want to feel special and unique and better than the unwashed masses, but it's not going to happen anymore.
    NOBLESHIELD
    <Meliora> of Turalyon-US
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Mod Voice

the idea of something legendary means unique and rare. If even the weekly 'LFR afk'ers' get a legendary by the end of this Xpac should we really call it LEGENDARY?
    IF you are saying that those who only do LFR deserve a legendary aswell its your point. But the objective behind LFR was to allow casuals to experience end game content not to get free loot. In WoLK if casuals wanted to see the cinematic after Arthas fall they had to look for it on youtube. Now they can see those cinematics in game.
    LFR deserves a legendary item? Sure let them have it but atleast give it a lower ilvl for Pete's sake

Maybe, especially considering you could do the legendary quests in lfr and normal/heroic.

4 Things:
    Thing the first: People who do both normalmode and LFR get double the chance to get the items to drop for the legendary.
    Thing the second: This has been by far the hardest legendary to get, not in terms of difficulty but in terms of its length, it takes months to get all the parts from just LFR, anyone willing to put in that time damn well deserves a legendary.
    Thing the third: People aren't just given the gear, they have to do LFR for months (a bit quicker if you do normalmodes aswell) and also kill a quite difficult solo-boss that can easily kick the ass of anyone that isn't skilled at their class.
    Thing the fourth: just because you want to feel like a special little snowflake with your legendary doesn't mean that people that have put in time don't deserve it.
    Last edited by Nirox; 2013-06-18 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosanjos View Post
    the idea of something legendary means unique and rare.
    Go back to school.

the idea of something legendary means unique and rare. If even the weekly 'LFR afk'ers' get a legendary by the end of this Xpac should we really call it LEGENDARY?
    IF you are saying that those who only do LFR deserve a legendary aswell its your point. But the objective behind LFR was to allow casuals to experience end game content not to get free loot. In WoLK if casuals wanted to see the cinematic after Arthas fall they had to look for it on youtube. Now they can see those cinematics in game.
    LFR deserves a legendary item? Sure let them have it but atleast give it a lower ilvl for Pete's sake
    guess you've never been to the fountain in the middle of dalaran where you can trigger the cinematic

But joke aside.
    Legendary schould mean something rare and unique. If everybody has it it kinda waters down the meaning of legendary, but thats just considering the word and what it means.
    Unfortunatly in my opinion the legendary chain works as some kind of loyalty bonus for staying subscribed through a good deal of the expansion.
    You've spend several ids farming sigils and rep then you have to farm 6k now 3k valor, then we have ToT with its own multiple id farming og different materials. And the legendary just ends up being a kind of loyalty reward item.
    The funny thing is nobody knows what is actually going to end up being, if it is going to be legendary weapons for everyone or legendary gems for everyone.

In the end I do not really care that much, because in my time i've seen a lot of people, that play badly run around with these socalled legendary weapons. So I really do not care.
    One thing you can say is that anybody having the persistance to go through the legendary quest somehow deserve a reward at the end. It is not difficult but it is timeconsuming.

In WoLK if casuals wanted to see the cinematic after Arthas fall they had to look for it on youtube. Now they can see those cinematics in game.
    Well, the "cinematic" after Council of the Elders is not seen on LFR. And you can't even skip it in normal/heroic, since it's that OP Awesome! :P

Legendaries haven't been that rare for a while now, half of my server had Shadowmourne back in WotLK.
    The moment when, thanks to transmogrification, your character selection screen looks like the cast of the Downton Abbey.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Legendaries were never hard to obtain why some think they are special simply because you have more time then X person is beyond me be it normal regardless. Hell people thought they were fucking amazing in BC when all you needed was ''Luck''
    Anyone who had the legendary bow before WotLK had a little more than luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Legendaries haven't been that rare for a while now, half of my server had Shadowmourne back in WotLK.
    Then again, they had almost a year to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Right now, running LFR doesn't even "grant" you the 600 cloak, you have to be good enough to complete the solo boss fight, and THAT'S the hard part, not grinding the components.
    Yeah or just an easymode class, like a dk, mage, spriest or warlock :P

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Anyone who had the legendary bow before WotLK had a little more than luck.
    Yeah, a guild wasting money, resources and everyones effort on one person.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Except it isnt legendary if everyone has one.
    Not being special snowflake or anything but whats the diff between an epic and legendary at this point ?
    None, it just ruins the feeling of a legendary.
    The difference is you dont spend an entire expansion doing dailies and raid grinds to get an epic.

Seriously though and not in relation to the above comments, its utterly dumb to think that people who only do LFR are not going to be able to get it.
    Last edited by Riavan; 2013-06-18 at 11:48 AM.

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    The difference is you dont spend an entire expansion doing dailies and raid grinds to get an epic.

Seriously though and not in relation to the above comments, its utterly dumb to think that people who only do LFR are not going to be able to get it.
    I have no problem with people in lfr getting it, not at all. I just think it ruins the ehm, status of a legendary (for lack of better word) when everyone has it.
    Dragonwrath staff was ridiculous, at one point we had 4 of them in our 10man...

Now imagine this item lol, you argue its the grind that makes it legendary, i argue its the rareness that makes it legendary :P

I have no problem with people in lfr getting it, not at all. I just think it ruins the ehm, status of a legendary (for lack of better word) when everyone has it.
    Dragonwrath staff was ridiculous, at one point we had 4 of them in our 10man...

Now imagine this item lol, you argue its the grind that makes it legendary, i argue its the rareness that makes it legendary :P
    I get it, but I don't really care for needing to be the special little chosen one in your guild to recieve a legendary. I prefer this new system to the old. I wouldnt mind if it was more of a grind or more diverse and involved more of a daily grind and maybe some more pvp required in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirox View Post
    Thing the first: People who do both normalmode and LFR get double the chance to get the items to drop for the legendary.
    in 5.0 normal/HC raiders whined that they have to run both norma; and lfr for sigils - now blizzard made that 1 difficulty only so that they dont have to - so people whine that "this is to little" - u cant satisfy everyone there wil be always someone who doesnt like system and want to change it in his own favour

I just think it ruins the ehm, status of a legendary (for lack of better word) when everyone has it.
    D
    u mean like every single rogue in 4.3 runing around with orange daggers yes ? that was definetly so much more legendary then what we have now -_-
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2013-06-18 at 12:31 PM.

Didnt read the whole 13 pages so sorry if anyone else made that point but in general - Lfr wings of the newest tiers always open between 2 weeks interval so raiders who do normal and heroic will get more legendary components(secrets for example) in a single lockout than lfr raiders , thus making a nice chunk of time between when Normal//heroic raiders and lfr raiders get the end product.And btw yes it should be so (in my opinion) that lfr raiders can get a legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Yeah, a guild wasting money, resources and everyones effort on one person.
    It was a drop? And killing Sunwell was a bit more than luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr86 View Post
    Didnt read the whole 13 pages so sorry if anyone else made that point but in general - Lfr wings of the newest tiers always open between 2 weeks interval so raiders who do normal and heroic will get more legendary components(secrets for example) in a single lockout than lfr raiders , thus making a nice chunk of time between when Normal//heroic raiders and lfr raiders get the end product.And btw yes it should be so (in my opinion) that lfr raiders can get a legendary.
    In theory. But as it's already been mentioned, this is often times not the case.

The problem is that the item doesn't take any effort from anyone in the raid. You just do what you're already doing. The things that ACTUALLY took time, they nerfed anyway...