Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    Everyone that can go through all the farm needed to finish the quest will probably gain a Legendary.
    What is apparent is that the legendary questline is a really powerful motivator for everyone to stay suscribed.

Until now, when a player thought he finished the content (whatever that means for him), he would unsuscribe until next patch.
    The legendary quest introduced a farm that garantees that you got a really uber item at the end.
    If you remove carrot, especially at the end of the expansion, by gating the legendary to be obtainable only by normal/heroic raiders, you ruin LFR people sense of progression.

It will be hard, it will be long, it will probably be pointless except for the feeling of completion, but it will be obtainable by everyone with a ton of effort.

Blademaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post
    Everyone that can go through all the farm needed to finish the quest will probably gain a Legendary.
    What is apparent is that the legendary questline is a really powerful motivator for everyone to stay suscribed.

Until now, when a player thought he finished the content (whatever that means for him), he would unsuscribe until next patch.
    The legendary quest introduced a farm that garantees that you got a really uber item at the end.
    If you remove carrot, especially at the end of the expansion, by gating the legendary to be obtainable only by normal/heroic raiders, you ruin LFR people sense of progression.

It will be hard, it will be long, it will probably be pointless except for the feeling of completion, but it will be obtainable by everyone with a ton of effort.
    Agree with this, its only the long grind of the legendary quest keeping people going between patches especially at the moment waiting for 5.4. That should be available to lfr as well as they represent more of the customer base than normal/heroic raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post

Funny thing is I think they will nerf the previous steps up until the 5.4 part of the quest line when 5.4 hits.
    Probably through increased droprates of sigils,secrets and runestones.
    And by lowering the amount of valor to 1k or 1.5k.
    Why do I think that, because then they can sell the idea to stay subscribed on the legendary quest and say look we made the first parts easier so that you can get to the final grindy part faster. Else people will just log in do SoO and say oh well that legendary questchain at least 3-4 months of farming and grinding before i reach the last part here that kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    The solo quest for cloak is joke aswell, so yes, running LFR does grant you the 600ilvl cloak. I dont think LFR should have legendary. heck they shouldnt even have tier. They should just give offset items.
    Because People getting Tier Item that is 33ilvl behind is a huge Deal... Its a Game .. a Game NUMBERS nothing else.

Maybe that was the thing the should separate the Flex/Normal/Heroic raiders from the LFR raiders. Someone recently said that there will be some things that will be in Flex/Normal/Heroic and not in LFR.

What does it really matter except to the person holding the item that has a vested interest in earning it. Whether through LFR, Flex, Normal or Heroic who really cares? Anyone investing equal time into earning the legendary deserves it. And they will all get it regardless of complaints or people leaving the game over it. Everyone can either accept that this is what Blizzard has decided and just have fun playing a good game or you can be miserable. There will be other rewards (more exclusive gear perhaps) that won't be available in LFR....that much has already been decided.

I would be shocked and insulted if it didn't grant you the same benefit that the reg mode stuff does. It's far too long a quest chain.

That being said, Blizzard has already hinted that it won't be a weapon, which IMO is a real let-down. If they make it something silly, like an enchant, then obviously H > R > LFR. If it's something more like the cloak, then it's just random ilvls out of nowhere. I think it won't just be like, a heroic quality weapon with a legendary proc- the participation is simply too high.

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    Because People getting Tier Item that is 33ilvl behind is a huge Deal... Its a Game .. a Game NUMBERS nothing else.
    So you don't mind missing out, it's just a game and you're far from invested in it because you only clear LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

I remember Wrath when seeing someone with Shadowmourne was awesome, despite how easy it was to get. Seeing someone with the firelands legendary staff was also cool, and same went for the daggers (even though they were arguably the easiest legendary to get). The reason it was special was because it was exclusive to people who took part in raids. Where would the prestige be if every single person playing would be able to get something like that? What would be the point in having a legendary item? Why even call it legendary if everyone has it? Getting one won't make you automatically special when everyone has it, so why bother?

A few extra dps? Why do you need that when you're clearing LFR with no progression curve? The bosses just fall over and present you with your lucky dip for loot, where is the need for extra dps? What genuine purpose does giving an LFR raider a legendary weapon fulfill? No vanity reason since everyone has it, no dps reason since dps isn't an issue, so tell me, is there something I have missed?

Walking through a raid where you can be AFK and get all the same rewards (even if they're a few item levels lower) as people raiding on a schedule is, quite frankly, the problem this game has at the moment, and the only way to solve it is to give back some vanity/prestige (I use them words lightly) to the people who can and will find the time to raid. You can't find the time to raid because you have a job etc? I raid with people who have jobs and families and they find the time.

I've never had a legendary weapon during current content, and if I got one now it wouldn't feel very legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    What do you think, will we have an orange-fest with every LFR-veteran running with a legendary soon? Or will they keep the legendary exclusive to normals/heroics?
    is that a rhetorical question? i believe so. if not: 100% yes. there will be no difference between legendaries, and you will be able to farm yours in LFR.

Seems like the MoP lengendary path has been as much about the story as the item(s) thus far. Maybe they are emphasizing the LEGEND rather than just a power item.

Doesn't really matter to me if people get it in LFR (although it should take much longer). People do get more worked up about a weapon though...so I understand why it is controversial.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Maybe that was the thing the should separate the Flex/Normal/Heroic raiders from the LFR raiders. Someone recently said that there will be some things that will be in Flex/Normal/Heroic and not in LFR.
    No it won't. Look at the blue posts on the front page :

"So instead of removing set bonuses, trinkets, legendary progress, or anything else along those lines, we decided to come up with something new."

There will be a new type of reward, and it will be exclusive to Flex or higher lvl of raiding, but actual stuff like legendary progression will still be possible in LFR

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Why even call it legendary if everyone has it?
    Why call a dungeon "Heroic" if it's just the same level of difficulty with a higher lvl... ?
    These days, the name doesn't really matter.
    What will be legendary is the amount of things you had to do to complete to have it and like someone said, the story behind the item.
    It's also possible it will be a feat of strength, unfeasable after the begining of next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    That is not at all an equivalent analogy. Is getting the legendary through LFR going to make the LFR raider's ilvl better than a world-first raider ?

An equivalent analogy would be: Worker A, Worker B, Worker C. A does the most work and gets paid the most. C does the least work and gets paid the least. They all work on a specific job project for a full year and get the same bonus at the end of it. A still has made much more that year than B or C.

Sure, maybe B and C did not work as hard on this one project as A (although they all devoted the same amount of time to this one project -- maybe not all projects combined, but this one project), but A still makes more money because A puts in more work all the time.

One damn piece of gear, no matter how awesome, does almost nothing to erode the boundary between someone in full heroic and someone in full LFR. I'm never going to be bothered someone in full LFR gear but one legendary, and no one in full heroic gear should be bothered by my mostly-normal/semi-heroic gear even if I have a legendary, because the divide between these three groups is not defined by a single piece of gear.

If you feel that one piece of gear somehow infringes upon your sense of self worth, you have bigger problems than LFR raiders getting a legendary. The fact that you use an analogy of a lazy coworker getting his pay doubled illustrates my point -- that you're blowing this completely out of proportion. A single legendary does not make an LFR raider better than a heroic raider. It does not make them equal to a heroic raider. It does not make them better or equal to a normal raider.
    The point was that its silly to justify choices by the logic of "it doesn't affect you". Starvation in Africa does not affect me directly; I do not use that to claim that starvation is thus justified.

Ultimately everything in the game is pointless, yet we both feel compelled enough to argue it over the internet, so please don't try and use the old "its just a piece of gear, what does it matter bro?" argument. Its the principal of it, giving out LFR legendaries is a fundamental contradiction, as 'legendary' is a title reserved for the rarest of the rare gear that should only be attainable at the highest levels of content. LFR is by definition the absolute lowest level of content, it simply makes zero sense to insert 'legendary' gear into 'welfare' content.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Answer: Yes it will, and it's fucking retarded.

What pisses me off is that some folks say that others don't deserve what they get, as if the same subscription fee they both pay was more valuable than the others' fee.

It's like saying to me in person that my money is worthless or that you work harder than I do.

A real-life encounter like that would be met with a less than cordial response for them and possibly an assault charge for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    What pisses me off is that some folks say that others don't deserve what they get, as if the same subscription fee they both pay was more valuable than the others' fee.

It's like saying to me in person that my money is worthless or that you work harder than I do.

A real-life encounter like that would be met with a less than cordial response for them and possibly an assault charge for me.
    Where do you draw the line on the "my money" argument though? What pisses me off is when people think they're entitled to everything in a game just cos they paid for it. Part of playing a game is EARNING the things in the game. Punching weak bosses in the face with auto attack for 2 months to get a legendary isn't earning it, and by no means should your subscription fee come into the argument.

If you pay for a gym membership, but don't put in the commitment to get fit, do you cry about it when that guy who pays the same fee as you is super fit and has a perfect muscular build?
    Last edited by Huntardicus; 2013-06-18 at 04:43 PM.

Seeing as every other aspect of the quest chain has been lfr-able, it's kind of weird to think that it wouldn't.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

People keep saying that LFR goers will just AFK to get the legendary. Most people in LFR aren't afking, they are trying. And the threads on MMO champ asking who AFKs in LFR rarely turn up people who only do LFR as the AFKers.

Also, just because the LFR bosses are easier than normal or heroic bosses doesn't make them trivial. There are wipes in LFR, even weeks after the content has started. You can't just ignore mechanics, it will cause a wipe. Maybe if you go in with you normal or heroic geared raid group it's faceroll, but in LFR level and worse gear it's not as easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

They haven't made a differentiation between difficulties to this point, I'd be surprised if they had LFR/Flex/NormalHeroic legendaries. So I'm going to have to say, yes we've known for a while now this is the xpac of welfare legendaries. Look under that LFR boss, YOU'RE GETTING A LEGENDARY and YOU'RE GETTING A LEGENDARY and YOU'RE GETTING A LEGENDARY...

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Do you think because if you bought Half-life in 1997 and you played it on the normal difficulty and you couldnt beat it or it was too time consuming you should be able to skip to the last level just because you paid the same money as someone who is better or had more time to play it?