Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    This is the mentality that has killed wow.
    Wrong.

/10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The MoP item will be the legendary with the most time investment of any legendary, taking literally the entire expansion to for the first people to get one.
    For the first most likely until we get more information on the final parts. Blizzard has been gutting the grind and that may mean that the developers are making so that players can complete the legendary before expansions end after starting it in 5.4.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutartwo View Post
    I can probably understand the legendary ilvl being affected by lfr/normal/heroic. I am a normal raider and I don't care who gets the legendary as it doesn't affect me.

All I ask for is the same as that blizz has been doing, allowing the normal/heroic raiders get a head start by gating the lfr content. This way EVERYONE gets the chance to hold a legendary, but the people who put in more effort get the chance to get it sooner rather than later.
    common sense at long last prevails, when having a LFR discussion. nice one, mate

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    This is the mentality that has killed wow.
    I think the mentality that what others do/have somehow affects you is more detrimental
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutartwo View Post
    I can probably understand the legendary ilvl being affected by lfr/normal/heroic. I am a normal raider and I don't care who gets the legendary as it doesn't affect me.

All I ask for is the same as that blizz has been doing, allowing the normal/heroic raiders get a head start by gating the lfr content. This way EVERYONE gets the chance to hold a legendary, but the people who put in more effort get the chance to get it sooner rather than later.
    It would be interesting if the legendary would get stronger after doing a higher difficulty. I do agree that normal/heroic raiders should be getting it faster and hopefully to a point where it could actually help with progression with the exception of the top guilds who clear them bloody fast.

As a heroic raider...

Why can't LFR have their legendary? They've put in their work, it would be really, really, really shitty to tell them "Nah fuck you got mine" in the very last tier.

Put in an entire expansion worth of work to be kicked in the nuts at the very end? Fuck that noise, nobody that pays their $15 deserves that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think the mentality that what others do/have somehow affects you is more detrimental
    Quite agree with this. Too many people care too much about what someone else's business is. They should simply butt out.

More on-topic: I guess it depends on how you're defining 'REAL' in the topic. If it's simply being rare, time-consuming, difficult and lucky then you could divorce it from raiding altogether except for collecting this and that to qualify for the end part dropping a few more of whatever 'this and that' would be in normal/heroic, put together a long and difficult side quest line with many steps, and end it with a fiendishly difficult solo scenario or something where you have to kill a boss and the boss has a 5% chance to drop the thing. First 3 on each realm to get to the end and get the drop get it and it's done. No one else need apply or bother with it.

Would that stop this incessant and annoying complaining about it? No. I'm guessing that most people would find that really loathesome in fact yet it qualifies as rare, time-consuming, difficult and requiring a great deal of luck.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-06-17 at 09:15 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    What do you think, will we have an orange-fest with every LFR-veteran running with a legendary soon? Or will they keep the legendary exclusive to normals/heroics?
    Been saying this since they first announced this stupid wrathion chain that at the end everyone will have a legendary once they let you complete the quest in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nyrin- View Post
    To all those special snowflakes:

I put exactly the same effort into obtaining a legendary like you. So yes, we raidfinder players will also get a legendary orange weapon (or whatever it is); exactly the same reward.

also I bet (and hope) that the siege of orgrimmar legendary quests won't be rng but the same as with Dragonwrath: e.g collect 250 essences from fallen bosses.....that would perfectly make sense (also after that huge rnjesus in the previous parts)
    No you didnt. If it was the same effort and time investment you would be running normal or heroic mode rather than LFR. but you are not.

Nobody seems to understand the the initial concept of color coded items was to denote rarity and not quality. Blizzard has long since seemingly abandoned this in all color fields EXCEPT for Legendary. Part of what makes them legendary is that they arent on every single person. Let's compare.

Older Legendaries were random drops. Correct. But how much time did hunters spend gearing up to and completing sunwell? or rogues with both warglaives? I guaruntee the total effort (raiding from kara up, attunement quests, etc) is far more than youve spent in LFR on this xpac.

Wrath Legendaries required farming of items. Similar situation but contained in a single tier. Here though, typically, only one person wound up with it (at least for quite some time). That one person was selected by the guild and was typically a long standing and valued member. How much time and effort did they put in to the guild, raiding and otherwise, to be considered as the one who would first recieve the legendary?

ESPECIALLY in the most recent scenarios, legendaries were obtained by only a few people. THAT is a major part of what made them legendary. Only a few people at a time could potentially be working on the legendary at a reasonable pace. In Pandaria everyone has been simulataneously working on it. If it were allowed to everyone what you would wind up with is everyone walking around with the legendary. At that point why not just make it an epic?

Quote Originally Posted by Tussi View Post
    As a heroic raider...

Why can't LFR have their legendary? They've put in their work, it would be really, really, really shitty to tell them "Nah fuck you got mine" in the very last tier.

Put in an entire expansion worth of work to be kicked in the nuts at the very end? Fuck that noise, nobody that pays their $15 deserves that.
    So you are ok with someone just afking to a legendary?
    There is no work other than logging in queing and completing your lfr which is guaranteed.
    The point is, there is no effort to complete LFR and therefore should not reward the most powerful items in the game just for showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    So you're saying you put in about as much effort, and work as a guy who does LFR?

Haven't done heroic raiding since last expansion, but damn, if HMs and LFR are the same I've been missing out! It use to be a bitch trying to beat hardmodes, but if they're as easy as LFR now bring it on!
    My heroic thunderforged gear is my reward for harder content. The legendary is a reward for time investment. I can't believe how easily people in this thread disregard months of putting in effort simply because people don't raid.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No it will be pixels just like everyone else's
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uiemad View Post
    ESPECIALLY in the most recent scenarios, legendaries were obtained by only a few people. THAT is a major part of what made them legendary. Only a few people at a time could potentially be working on the legendary at a reasonable pace. In Pandaria everyone has been simulataneously working on it. If it were allowed to everyone what you would wind up with is everyone walking around with the legendary. At that point why not just make it an epic?
    Everyone who wanted the staff in Cataclysm pretty much got it. It wasn't 'obtained by only a few people' at all. This predates MoP by a good distance. People are too hung up on colors and language. Better to just announce that this THING can be obtained by doing X, Y and Z and letting it go at that. It would be the same exact thing without all of the linguistic acrobatics.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tussi View Post
    My heroic thunderforged gear is my reward for harder content. The legendary is a reward for time investment. I can't believe how easily people in this thread disregard months of putting in effort simply because people don't raid.
    Effort is making a guild, setting up raids, showing up on raid nights, wiping over and over to learn the bosses then clearing regular and working on clearing heroics.
    No effort is clicking que on a menu and being guaranteed to kill every boss even if you afk.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    There is no work other than logging in queing and completing your lfr which is guaranteed.
    The point is, there is no effort to complete LFR and therefore should not reward the most powerful items in the game just for showing up.
    I havent been keeping up with the legendary chain. I know there are solo aspects like the previous two legendaries had and the warlock green fire chain. Hopefully the solo aspect is as hard as those before and it never gets directly nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Everyone who wanted the staff in Cataclysm pretty much got it. It wasn't 'obtained by only a few people' at all. This predates MoP by a good distance. People are too hung up on colors and language. Better to just announce that this THING can be obtained by doing X, Y and Z and letting it go at that. It would be the same exact thing without all of the linguistic acrobatics.

le sad I never got it. My resto ended up getting more shards than my warlock. I still ended up beating a number of players who had that staff while I had an ave ilvl of 370 and I still saw a lot of heroic raiders without the staff. So yes you didnt have to be good to get it, just put in time and guilds was more likely than not to get one and hopefully two before DS came out. It was still a guild effort of pooling resources to funnel shards to one player. This legendary in MoP has everyone getting pieces at the same time.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-06-17 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Everyone who wanted the staff in Cataclysm pretty much got it.
    After the content was trivialized and you were able to pug it.
    Before that you needed to be in a raiding guild and be selected.

10+ Year Old Account
    First and foremost, I think you're begging the question about the AFKing. Almost without exception, the people I see AFKing in LFR are normal/heroic mode raiders who are there for whatever reason (queue boosting friends, VP, trying to fill in gear holes) that don't really want to be there. The casual players who exclusively raid LFR might not always be the highest performers, but they usually are performing. Now, that's just my own anecdotal experience, but it's enough to call suspicion to your implication that there are a ton of people "AFKing their way to a legendary."

Second, there are tasks outside of LFR kills that are required that you cannot AFK your way through.

Third, even if there was some sort of epidemic of AFK players getting legendaries, why should they spoil it for all the people who are putting in the effort every week? There are lazy people who exploit the game all the time (perfect example: people who bot battlegrounds); we can't bend the game design around them. At the end of the day, you have to step back and say, well, those people are missing out on the experience of playing so their loss.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-06-17 at 09:27 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

the legendary grind for me have been painstakingly long with RNG fucking me in the face at every turn, if they make it normal and heroic exclusive it won't bother me much as i am in a guild but it would be mildly unfair to people who only do LFR considering that all throughout this expansion legendaries have been available from LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    After the content was trivialized and you were able to pug it.
    Before that you needed to be in a raiding guild and be selected.
    That doesn't change anything with regard to rarity which I'm understanding is really important to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    I havent been keeping up with the legendary chain. I know there are solo aspects like the previous two legendaries had and the warlock green fire chain. Hopefully the solo aspect is as hard as those before and it never gets directly nerfed.
    If they make it even 1/2 as difficult as the warlock green fire quest then almost no LFR players will be able to complete it and that would be counter productive.