Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhulrak View Post
    I'd put money on that LFR will still get a legendary (weapon or whatever the final item will be) and Flex/Normal/Heroic will get an improved version.
    Just to add I would think something where the last quest requires an item from Garrosh, and the item would be tagged with either LFR/Flex/Normal/Heroic and the higher difficulty you got the item with, the better the legendary. Then if say you had first gotten an LFR weapon, and later defeated Garrosh on Normal, you could trade the old weapon and the quest item to get an upgraded weapon. Who knows if they'll do something like that but I think it would solve the issue of LFR getting an equally powerful item then that of people who raid on higher difficulties.
    Zalzar
    <Out of Line> Stormreaver-US

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Really you wiped for a few days on one boss in LFR before you could kill it?

This reminds me of my cousins Tee ball team.
    There is no score at any of the games, both sides go home winners regardless and at the end of the season EVERY player gets a legendary, I mean trophy.
    This is like saying A-Rod would give a damn about what goes on in tee-ball leagues.

Ilvl of normal/heroic raiders is higher than lfr raiders. One legendary weapon (assuming it's a weapon) changes nothing in that equation. You could give that tee-ball team the biggest trophies on earth and it would not carry anywhere near the prestige of even just being on a major-league baseball team, even if you're a benchwarmer.

Are you really saying you'd look at an LFR raider's gear, see the legendary, and feel like your normal/heroic efforts have been invalidated ? When the rest of their gear has "Raid Finder" on it while yours has either no tag or "Heroic" ?

I see other posters in the Warlock section with their full-heroic-geared characters and there is not enough toast in the world for how jelly I am in my full normal-mode gear (minus my LFR UVOLS which is 3rd BIS behind only the normal and heroic versions of itself). I can't imagine Sparkuggz from Method is going to see my normal-mode Warlock sporting a legendary and question why he puts forth the effort to raid heroic modes. He's too busy enjoying him and his guild's accomplishments to care. In fact he makes posts that help out even us lowly non-heroic raiders.

If the best guild in the world doesn't care what non-heroic raiders do/get, why do you ?

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    Well, don't forget that you had to clear T4, T5 and T6 and then had a shot on Illidan or Kil'jaiden. I really don't think that solo scenarios you have to do are test of skill. And I didn't mean LFR raiders only. This includes normal and heroic raiders too. I don't know, I like some things to be rare in game. Legendaries were one of them.
    As much as we like to tell ourselves that all of us who raided in BC were super pro, the fights were not that hard then. I was in a casual raid doing only about six hours a week with a number of "dead weight" people in the group, and we downed Illidan (saw a Warglaive drop on our first or second kill, too). We were working on Twins in Sunwell when Wrath dropped. It can't possibly have been as hard as our memories like to tell us if that is the case.

As far as the current scenarios, I will concede they're not much of a test of skill but they are a test of effort. That said, I hear the cloak one is a bit tough (I'm still on Runestones myself). But they're still enough of an effort, in conjunction with the dedication required to queue regularly for months and months and months, that I think the reward should be available for LFR raiders. Despite the fact the bosses die a lot easier, it still seems like way more work overall than, for comparison, the warglaive my casual raid got in Burning Crusade, which felt like pure luck.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

I have no issues with LFR being able to get it. I am curious to see if they're just going to go with OP stats or if they'll do an interesting proc legendary. I'm hoping trinkets and that seems to be the popular idea so far.

Legendaries, legendaries for everyone !

Just to be totally clear: Raid Finder in Patch 5.4 will be itemized with all the same sorts of stuff you’ve come to expect over the last couple of tiers. There will, however, be a brand spanking new type of reward that is only available to players who choose to step up into Flex, Normal, or Heroic raiding. Hope that clears the air a bit! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    ....for all the special snowflakes

I would argue against saying that this quest line is in any way legendary or more involved than past legendary chains. It will all be relatively simple in the end. This is because they keep buffing the drop rates of the previous parts. If you are current on the legendary, then you are just doing what anyone with common sense would do and doing the quest line because it gives you powerful rewards and it's an easy route to powerful items. If you are behind, you can pretty easily catch up. I just re-rolled my main a few weeks ago, and I was lucky enough to complete the sigils portion of the quest line the second week of 90. This is probably above average drop rates, but most people I know who have capped a new 90 recently have been reporting about 3 weeks. So add another 3 weeks of getting valor capped (which is stupid easy now) and you're caught up the the current tier portion of the quest line. This will of course also be made easier in 5.4.

What we will ultimately end up with is an end of the expansion where every single player that put in a modest amount of effort will have whatever the final legendary item is. It will be vastly more representative than previous legendaries. So who will this piss off? The people who were around in the game at the time when you saw the first couple of legendary weapons trickling into the server and you knew that those people were probably very skilled or dedicated players. It will further advance the idea that this game now belongs to the people who have recently graduated from Facebook flash-based games. Competitive gaming will continue to be less a part of this game as much as it is a game where you insert 15 bucks a month to receive whatever makes you warm and happy.

I'm against rewarding players for their time and effort put in. Communism WoW is here to reign, free legendaries for everybody.
    Casual4lyfe™

Infracted; Don't troll.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-06-20 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    We have gotten legendaries, just no legendary gear left.
    At this point, I don't see why not, getting a legendary doesn't have to be difficult, just time consuming. It fits WoW's design philosophy to do so and even if you do run purely normal/heroics, it doesn't affect you in any way if someone who just runs LFR gets a legendary.
    What do you mean it doesn't effect me? A lot of the incentive in raiding is getting insanely good items - A legendary is one HELL of an incentive to raid, if you take away the value from it then nobody gives a shit and there's less of a will to raid in general. Eventually having a legendary is less of a 'holy shit we're gonna fuck shit up' kind of reward, but more a 'yeah, you have to have this to compete because everyone has one'.

It doesn't effect me directly, but this, various difficulty of raids or games and similar things all have a negative impact on my gameplay. It would be at least acceptable if normal raiders got it a fair margin faster than LFR raiders, and if Heroic raiders got it a fair margin faster than normal raiders.

Oh, I hope not! That will really show that Blizzard allow super-retards to get some of the best gear in the game just because they pay their £8.99 a month.
    [sic]

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    considering a good chunk of raiders (normal or heroic) also ran LFR for the extra loots of the legendary quest line, there shouldn't be a question about who gets what, everyone will have the ilvl 600ish Legendary at the end, same ilvl, exact same thing.
    Eh? That's never been possible.

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico87 View Post
    Eh? That's never been possible.
    I imagine they mean to fill in for the bosses not being killed.

EG, when you're only 6/12 normal, you do the other six bosses on LFR that week. Or when you're extending to work on a particular HM boss all week, you run LFR so you still have a chance to get your legendary drops.

We all did it.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

I would be fine with LFR players getting Legendary if there was a super hard final solo scenario quest before you got the item, thus keeping Legendarys going to players with Skill, regardless if they had to just spam LFR or do Heroic modes.

If not this, then just keep Legendarys for heroic modes plz =/
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    We ( Rapid Eye Movement) sell a variety of boosts. Private message me for more info.
    So far on 1 Char: Top 10 Destro PR Ranks, top 30 Afflic PR Ranks, TOp 30 Demo PR Ranks.
    Rapid Eye Movement World 15th 25 man Guild. - www.remgaming.com

I'm surprised how strong the LFR resentment is around here. There really is no debating it, Blizzard will make the final Legendary weapon available via the Raid Finder, at a lower ilvl of course. If you feel that lfr players don't deserve it then I have a feeling you'll be very disappointed and nerd-ragey come 5.4.

surely hope not, also make the final piece drop from heroic only last true boss. hope they dont fuck up the final boss of the expansion at least

Quote Originally Posted by turboblake View Post
    I'm surprised how strong the LFR resentment is around here. There really is no debating it, Blizzard will make the final Legendary weapon available via the Raid Finder, at a lower ilvl of course. If you feel that lfr players don't deserve it then I have a feeling you'll be very disappointed and nerd-ragey come 5.4.
    It will be available at exactly the same ilvl as normal and heroic, the best item in the game - From fucking raid finder. And what's more, you can probably get it faster from just LFRing than heroic raiding if you have a tad of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I imagine they mean to fill in for the bosses not being killed.

EG, when you're only 6/12 normal, you do the other six bosses on LFR that week. Or when you're extending to work on a particular HM boss all week, you run LFR so you still have a chance to get your legendary drops.

We all did it.
    Ah, of course. Silly me.

Anyway, yeah, proper legendary items should be a no-no to LFR-only raiders, sorry. Meta gem and cape, fine, but not the end product.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Because how will they feel fulfilled, sitting at the AH on their challenge mode mount in their challenge mode armor with their legendary weapon, if someone from LFR can get it too?
    If you're looking for fulfillment in a video game, you either need therapy or to get out and socialize more.

I hope its not a weapon.
    Make it trinket or something, so noone would really even care.
    You can make seperate legendary weapon questchain for normal/hc raiders with the last content. Just like Firelands or random drop from last boss...

They aren't going to bait and switch LFR players this far into the expansion and not allow them to finish. Anybody who thinks they would is delusional/selfish/loopy/alloftheabove.

Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston