Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think the mentality that what others do/have somehow affects you is more detrimental
    So when you're working your butt off but its your lazy coworker who gets a promotion that doubles his pay, this should not bother you at all since it "doesn't affect you."

Not every fact can be neatly quantified with tangible evidence. Watching scrubs get legendaries by afking through LFR does bother many people, whether people like you want to believe it or not.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure blizzard is going to put all them customers on a year long quest chain and then not award them the legendary. That'd help there sub numbers for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Like the meta. Right? Or the cloaks?

Don't be dumb. If they add retarded RPPMs to the legendary items then maybe they can have "stronger power" (like Rune/Vision etc). Otherwise this is ridiculous to even assume.

Face it, Blizzard aren't going to disappoint the LFR crowd. The tears and bitching would be astronomical. The only hope I'm clinging to is that they've managed to piss off all of the 12 year old idiot Warlocks who think KJC on live is "balanced" (hint: it is absurdly overpowered).
    Everything is simply speculation at this point. Calm down.

Summarizing my thoughts on this whole matter.

I'd rather put in serious gaming hours and effort to clear the heroic content of a tier and still not come out with a legendary item, having it went to another player or something - Than me having a legendary along with every other single player that logs on to do LFR quickly once a week. There's so much that I want to say, but i'm not sure how to put it. Quite frankly, everything that I want to say has been said already multiple times with various wordings, I just wish I could concoct the ultimate counter argument. But that won't happen because arguments aren't made to be won, they're there so that everyone can bitch at each other and then, even when you know that you've lost, you start insulting the crap out of them until they leave.

Let me ask all of you Looking for Raid players:

1) Have you ever actually raided the current 'difficult' content? Aka, heroic content or just the end game of the current time frame.
    2) Do you enjoy Looking for Raid? Or is it just those first few times you enjoy it because you're seeing the content? I mean really, do you enjoy doing LFR over and over and over....?
    3) Dafuq do you plan to do with your legendary once you get it?! Go "Hey Bob! Look at my new dagger of the awesome-sauce dra- Oh, you have one too". You don't raid, you can't do anything with it except run LFR again, and it's not like you need Legendaries to do LFR - All you need to beat LFR is some sort of distraction while you AFK and get your loot. And even if you do decide to participate, all you need to do is roll your dick across the keyboard and wallah! Epics.

I thought LFR was about 'seeing' the content? Since when the hell did legendaries have anything to do with 'seeing' it? Like, you do realize that Looking for Raid has absolutely nullified the incentive to raid and thus the amount of players continuing to do so will very likely dwindle? I continue to do so myself because I enjoy raiding with my guild and, when you make progress, raiding is extremely fun - getting that first boss kill is just such a good feeling - I can understand why a LFR player will never want to raid, they don't need to. I me-

You know what, nvm, fuck it. There's incredible amounts of evidence out there as to why LFR is retarded, and giving legendaries to players for beating retarded content is even more so that - So whatever, do what you all want, i'm not gonna participate in these damned arguments anymore (as addicting as it seems to be), just gonna watch the patch notes unfold with my fingers crossed until something bloody decent crops up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    Sure blizzard is going to put all them customers on a year long quest chain and then not award them the legendary. That'd help there sub numbers for sure.
    I agree. I spent so much time on this quest and I want to finish it and be awarded. Honestly I don't care if they change how legendries are acquired in 6.0, but they can't change MoP legendries when it is almost done. It would be rude, like a slap in the face!

Hopefully not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    why would you think they wouldnt, look at the past items and why would you come here, you wont get any real answers from this site on this subject
    go to the source and ask them

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post

Let me ask all of you Looking for Raid players:

1) Have you ever actually raided the current 'difficult' content? Aka, heroic content or just the end game of the current time frame.
    Ive made attempts on heroic content and attempts on normal lei shen.

2) Do you enjoy Looking for Raid? Or is it just those first few times you enjoy it because you're seeing the content? I mean really, do you enjoy doing LFR over and over and over....?
    I enjoy doing LFR over and over again about as much as i enjoy clearing the first 8 bosses in ToT every week.

3) Dafuq do you plan to do with your legendary once you get it?! Go "Hey Bob! Look at my new dagger of the awesome-sauce dra- Oh, you have one too". You don't raid, you can't do anything with it except run LFR again, and it's not like you need Legendaries to do LFR - All you need to beat LFR is some sort of distraction while you AFK and get your loot. And even if you do decide to participate, all you need to do is roll your dick across the keyboard and wallah! Epics.
    Ill use it raid, do LFR, kill mobs in the world, do quests, finish of the last rank of brawlers guild and generally progress my character in every way possibly available to myself at the time. and you know what come next expac it will sit in my bank the same way yours will for you.

What are you going to use yours for? Im guessing you log on and only raid heroic content at every waking moment and nothing else for the way you talk.

Who cares if the person next to you has it as well. Not really understanding how it impacts on somebody elses enjoyment. I personally hope everyone in an LFR I might go into has a legendary - that way it is over faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    What do you think, will we have an orange-fest with every LFR-veteran running with a legendary soon? Or will they keep the legendary exclusive to normals/heroics?
    You can try to act all high and mighty, but the fact of the matter is that there's been an "orange-fest" since Ulduar, with multiple healers in every guild wielding their guaranteed orange mace that lasted through Lich King, and with every guild giving out multiple Shadowmournes. Then multiple casters in every 25-man guild got their special staff.

The horse is wayyyyyy out of the barn already. Legendaries aren't special anymore. It's just another progression of gear text color that everyone feels entitled to and expects. So I'm not sure what you're complaining about, really, because it's been going on for a long time already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    So when you're working your butt off but its your lazy coworker who gets a promotion that doubles his pay, this should not bother you at all since it "doesn't affect you."

Not every fact can be neatly quantified with tangible evidence. Watching scrubs get legendaries by afking through LFR does bother many people, whether people like you want to believe it or not.
    I've found that the players who usually cry about stuff like this usually are the scrubs.

#nomadplox

We don't know for sure if the legendary item will even be a weapon yet - I've got a good feeling that if it is, blizz will at the very least make a LFR version and one that's different in normal and possibly hard modes.

That is not at all an equivalent analogy. Is getting the legendary through LFR going to make the LFR raider's ilvl better than a world-first raider ?

An equivalent analogy would be: Worker A, Worker B, Worker C. A does the most work and gets paid the most. C does the least work and gets paid the least. They all work on a specific job project for a full year and get the same bonus at the end of it. A still has made much more that year than B or C.

Sure, maybe B and C did not work as hard on this one project as A (although they all devoted the same amount of time to this one project -- maybe not all projects combined, but this one project), but A still makes more money because A puts in more work all the time.

One damn piece of gear, no matter how awesome, does almost nothing to erode the boundary between someone in full heroic and someone in full LFR. I'm never going to be bothered someone in full LFR gear but one legendary, and no one in full heroic gear should be bothered by my mostly-normal/semi-heroic gear even if I have a legendary, because the divide between these three groups is not defined by a single piece of gear.

If you feel that one piece of gear somehow infringes upon your sense of self worth, you have bigger problems than LFR raiders getting a legendary. The fact that you use an analogy of a lazy coworker getting his pay doubled illustrates my point -- that you're blowing this completely out of proportion. A single legendary does not make an LFR raider better than a heroic raider. It does not make them equal to a heroic raider. It does not make them better or equal to a normal raider.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

it comes from a quest, its not in anyway related to the difficulty level you raid on. It has nothing to do with LFR/normal/heroic. IF you run heroic dungeons and then go out and do a quest that would normally reward a blue item do you expect to get an epic because you raid heroics and expect people who only run LFR to get a green? no you don't, this is exactly the same.

That's an awful analogy as the people in LFR do the same thing as a N/H raider, and we're all getting a legendary, not just the LFR raiders (so you AND you "lazy" coworker are both getting double pay). We grind out the last 6 bosses of ToT waiting for our Runestones, we grind out the whole thing waiting for the Secrets, even if its on a different scale. Likewise, I expect our legendary will be on a different scale in terms of ilvl and stats - a LFR legendary that will likely be 30 ilvls below everyone else's. (Kill Garrosh in SoO and loot an item that will be tagged for whatever difficulty he was killed in. You can then, based on this requirement, not loot or destroy the item and try to get a higher quality quest item, and your legendary will be based on that. Or just a straight up kill tagged on whatever difficulty, maybe. I dunno, but I expect there to be ilvl and stat differences).

While some people just AFK their way through, most people do try, some like myself even go balls out theory crafting and always double check possible upgrades and tweaks to play at their very best regardless that they only do LFR (so no, the plural of anecdote is not data, and "But this one time I went through this guy was on follow and AFKing!" doesn't actually mean everyone is like that). If we've worked for it this long, and have gotten this far, we deserve our scaled-down-to-LFR-standards legendary just as you deserve your normal scaled legendary.

If we all get the same ilvl, you MIGHT have a case. Still, you sound like someone who can't stand others getting the same nice things as you.
    Last edited by zenyatta; 2013-06-18 at 04:34 AM.

I honestly don't think there will be so many people with the legendary around. The solo scenarios do require skill (if you think it doesn't, you probably have the skill already). People who get carried through LFR will have a hard time. Even the cloak I don't expect to see very often, imagine what crazy thing we will probably have to do in 5.4.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    The solo scenarios do require skill (if you think it doesn't, you probably have the skill already).
    Yes and they are considerably harder for some spec choices than others.

anyone who's able to get a legendary doing only LFR, having to put up with those awful sunday night groups, insane queues, afkers, people who refuse to play, people that don't buff, shamans/mages that don't BL, clueless tanks, healers that get less total healing than warlocks, et cetera, should get an uber awesomesauce master legendary weapon of insanity.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxlax View Post
    Is something legendary if half the server runs around with it?
    You're one of those people who thinks everyone has old legendaries, too, aren't you?

Not that many people have these new things as you think :x There's millions of players who don't even own MoP.

this legendary took more work than any other legendary. they were never hard to get anyway, exclusivity is stupid